Woman who get hair extensions

I know a lady that got botox and all I can say is Wooooooooow!!! I’m speechless to this day. Hey eyebrows are now so high up on her face that they are almost touching her hairline ... like this ( :( ) except she's not frowning she's always smiling.

I know someone who had the opposite happen. His eyebrows dropped so low that he looked like Ted Danson (who looks like Frankenstein).

Any cosmetic procedure depends on the skill of the person doing it. Cheaper is seldom better.

• Author

We saw each other Sunday, and I shared that I do not wash my hair that often nor do I blow dry it, maybe that will help her (basically sharing some of the feedback her in a non critical way). She said her hair is oily and very thin, so, she has to wash and blow dry it daily, to get body in it.

She said she is starting to lose her hair now too, more so than ever, and it's freaking her out. She said she was even embarassed to tell me that, as it's feels vain, but it's really upsetting her. She said as a woman, more so than a man, her hair is a big part of her appearance.

No idea where to post this...

One of my good female friends recently got hair extensions. I thought, still do, she is amazingly beautiful and can't understand why she did this. When I asked, she said she is older now and her hair is not growing like it use to, she misses her long hair, and it makes her feel good to "have it back".

She had left them in the bathroom one day and "it" scared the crap out of me.

She also plans to get botox soon.

I am a natural kind of man, I appreciate naturual beauty. I try to understand why woman do things like this, especially ones who are already in a relationship, and I have heard various reasons. I guess though, if it really makes them feel good, go for it.

Any other opinions, comments, experiences?

I don't think everything women do is about whether or not they have a man. When I have a man I don't all of a sudden stop doing the beauty things I used to do. Feeling attractive is a big thing for most women and it's actually something that they need to feel from themselves and outside validation from their man, while helpful, isn't the only thing necessary.

I actually find it very strange when people make it seem like ANY kind of enhancement is negative. Like just because a woman puts in hair extensions or wears makeup or even nail polish for crying out loud it's some kind of secret message that she hates herself and is not into natural beauty.

You may think you're beautiful, but like in the case of your friend, miss long hair so get extensions. It's not a big deal. It's a whole other thing though if you cannot live without hair extensions, surgeries, tons of makeup and people who actually have self-worth issues and try to cover them up with those things usually present very differently than women who just like them as fun enhancements.

• Like 1
regine_phalange

Maybe your friend should try and leave the extensions aside because there is a thing called traction alopecia! It's not nice.

I used to pull my hair back in tight chignons when younger, until my hair started to fall off. I still had a lot of hair and no one could tell, but I could feel it wasn't the same as before. When I stopped it, my hair grew back in about 5 years, it was late but again very very full. I don't even blow dry it. And I use only baby shampoos.

She should also get checked for iron deficiency!

She said she is starting to lose her hair now too, more so than ever, and it's freaking her out.

She needs to get blood tests for thyroid, male and female hormones, iron deficiency. Could also be a protein deficiency.

• Author
She needs to get blood tests for thyroid, male and female hormones, iron deficiency. Could also be a protein deficiency.

Actually, she said this, that she thinks it's a thyroid issue.

I have encouraged her to get a blood work up; she's in between jobs right now, waiting for health insurance to kick in.

She takes a lot of supplements, iron is one, and has been talking a lot about protein digestion and things she is doing to improve that in her system.