Bait and Switch: From contract-to-perm to eternal contract!

UpwardForward

Great idea Arabella. That was going to be my next suggestion. To look into downsizing.

I don't know how much apartments go for there, but hopefully you can get something for $1200.?

Sorry to hear about that AB, but it sounds like it was for the best. I hear you about apartment leases. I finally found an apartment in my area that does month-to-month without any insane extra costs. I really did not like being on a lease at all...I like the freedom to move if or whenever I am able for any reason.

• Author
Sorry to hear about that AB, but it sounds like it was for the best. I hear you about apartment leases. I finally found an apartment in my area that does month-to-month without any insane extra costs. I really did not like being on a lease at all...I like the freedom to move if or whenever I am able for any reason.

Whereabouts in the world do you live, P_S?

Here in the Boston area (and I'm not even talking about the actual city, just the surrounding neighborhoods), you won't find a two-bedroom for anything less than $1400/mo in a place where you feel relatively safe and your commute into the city is an hour or less.

I honestly don't really like living here all that much, but it's a good place to develop a career so we're staying for the time being. :/

• Like 1
Whereabouts in the world do you live, P_S?

Here in the Boston area (and I'm not even talking about the actual city, just the surrounding neighborhoods), you won't find a two-bedroom for anything less than $1400/mo in a place where you feel relatively safe and your commute into the city is an hour or less.

I honestly don't really like living here all that much, but it's a good place to develop a career so we're staying for the time being. :/

I live in Silicon Valley in California and I've paid nearly $1700 for a one bedroom, because we're tech central where I live. One bedrooms are $1400 minimum unless you happen to find something with a great deal, otherwise anything cheaper is in a not so great area. Paid $1500 for a two bedroom once and the area was very spotty....moved out immediately once we had a break in while were on vacation.