Why does my mom touch my face to ask for help?

trekee80sgirl

trekee80sgirl

Why would my mom caress my face to ask me to help her out, when I am a 33 year-old adult?! I would gladly help her out, without the caressing and pitiful tone in her voice.

Edited by trekee80sgirl
add word to title
todreaminblue
Why would my mom caress my face to ask me to help her out, when I am a 33 year-old adult?! I would gladly help her out, without the caressing and pitiful tone in her voice.

so glad my daughter love my touch and love my voice.....makes me feel wonderful.......love your mum for who she i show she touches how she talks to you....deb

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/7c/87/29/7c87291f165622f04b51cea56e0d57fc.jpg

• Like 1

I am 26 and I love love love when my mum expresses her 'motherliness', touches my face, has her mom voice on, gives me a hug, takes care of me when I am sick, I always will.

I hope she never stops doing it, she will always be 'mom' to me.

• Like 2

Bleh, lol. It depends on your mom's personality. I'd definitely feel odd and uncomfortable; like she was trying to make me feel sorry for her. It is out of character for my mom therefore I'd be unreceptive.

Edited by HorseLuck

in the past it probably worked on you (and any others kids / partner) so she subconsciously uses the same proven tricks.

Frankly I don't see why you are so freaked out, don't you caress your kids/partner?

SincereOnlineGuy

One of the more unique first-ever posts on Loveshack.

And me thinks that the perceived "pitiful tone" might only be perceptible to someone who had once known that same woman as "mom" while a teenager.

Hopefully nobody else has ever done anything to cause you to be uniquely sensitive about (others touching) your face.

It's gonna be OK...