Got a vasectomy and lost my wife...

• Author

It all happened in a matter of months. We are living apart now and it appears we will continue to. She refuses to see me, talk to me on the phone or even reply to my e-mail. I know 100% that I want to have another child. I let fear take over and did something that I cannot even comprehend in my own mind. Her family and friends know her side of things and she has let me know how hurt and angry they are with me as well. My family is supportive of me regardless of what happens. I spent a couple years in counselling dealing with my first marriage. It helped to a point and I do need to go back. I just feel like there is not much use in it right now. Being shut out from her is consuming me. I know what a counsellor would say and maybe I should go. I can't accept that this is over right now and until I do I feel that I will remain stuck.

This was the biggest mistake I have ever made and it looks like one I will pay for forever. I have looked seriously into getting a reversal but I also don't want to make any more quick decisions. I want to have a child with her and if that is not an option then I will not get this reversed. I will only get this reversed once we deal with what has happened and recommit to our marriage. She told me a while back that getting this reversed does not mean a damn thing to her and was quite angry that I would even put that on her.

I am lost right now and just want to have an open and honest discussion with her. I sometimes feel like she is punishing me. She knows how I feel but says she has no idea what she wants and that our marriage is over. I get some mixed signals from her and read way too much into everything that happens.