?? No to be found!

Kinda long so bear with me. A year ago I ended a 5 yr relationship and began a new relationship with a man I had a strictly platonic friendship with for several years. He was perfect in the beginning and I wondered why I waited so long to date him. He brought up marriage very early on and said he was ready to settle down. After a couple months I noticed he had insecurity issues and would pick these ridiculous fights. After a while he would apologize. Against my better judgement I accepted his marriage proposal Christmas of last year and we set a date for this past March. The fights continued but I figured once we wre married he would calm down. Wrong! Things got worse and there was a lot of drinking involved. We never did anything together just the two of us ..including our honeymoon! The situation was volatile and became toxic. I left the marital home July 1st. Just a few weeks short of our 4 month anniversary. There is no hope of reconciliation. We have no kids e no assets or property, no joint bank accounts. I don't want to wait the required 1 year if I know it's over. He won't admit to adultery tho I suspect it as his status is single on Facebook. Should I admit to adultery and go for an online divorce? We are in the state of South Carolina if this helps.

I am a south carolinian as well. :) I am going through a divorce as well. We are all here for you through this. I had a walk away wife that has not contacted me since he day she left over 3 months ago.

If you need someone to talk to shoot me a private message :)

Uh, have you bothered to call an attorney? Sounds like this would be better grounds for an annulment, but I'm no attorney.

I'm a divorce attorney. I can't speak specifically for North Carolina, but here in California, the grounds for annulment are: incest, bigamy, or incapacity (under the age, unsound mind, etc.). An annulment is asking the court to reset the marriage and undo it as if it never happened. I just don't see grounds for that here.

However, California has "summary" divorce, and NC may have something similar. If you are married less than 5 years, have no kids, and no assets or debts, the court gives you a simplified process.