Should I be worried about bf and bestie?

• Author

I spoke to her ex last night.

I'm not sure if it makes any difference really. He was very angry, he thinks that I and my ex stole her away from him.

What I do now know is that she is indeed in love with me, wants me, and will do whatever it takes to be with me. Creepy much?

He thought up until I set him straight that they split up so she could be with me and my ex as part of a threesome. He still thinks that she and my ex slept together but I am unsure whether that is true because he also thought that her and I did.

So at least I know the truth that she is a psycho deluded bitch. My xbf was telling the truth about that. Whether or not they slept together is still open.

The spooning incident still has me worried but it could have been an accident I suppose.

I think maybe he has earned a second chance. I'll be going in with my eyes wide open so I will pick up on anything concerning early. How do others see this?

Yeah. That doesn't really help to clarify anything. It hints that your bf is telling at least partial truth that your friend has more than friendly feelings toward you. But it's not encouraging that he didn't mention that he was part her reason for leaving the ex. Apparently he knew why she broke up with her ex but wasn't told about or failed to mention the threesome thing. It could be innocent, but for me, there are a few too many things that less than conveniently have to fall into place for his innocence to be plausible.

I remain even more skeptical of your bf's innocence. Your friend breaking up with her ex hoping to be with you and your bf gives me more reason to doubt than believe bf. Makes me wonder if it there was something between them that convinced her the threesome thing was a viable enough option to dump her bf over. It makes a little more sense if they had been fooling around that she would get the idea in her head that all 3 of you could be together than her just getting this crazy, out-of-touch with reality delusion out of nowhere.

Has your friend ever has any issues with mental illness? Either she's mentally ill and needs some treatment/medication or your bf has been playing you both and is now playing you against each other.

And I still have the lingering question that if there's been this long competition between them, which she felt the need to call and brag about "winning", why did he never once bring up his concerns about her before? Or has he brought it up before?

In any case, what's most important isn't whether I believe your bf. The most important thing is whether you trust him. You two have been together a few years. Not a short relationship, but not yet a lengthy one either. You're not married, you don't have kids. Is it really worth staying with someone you don't fully trust? I would suggest at least telling him you need some additional time to think things through.

Edited by The Way I Am
It-is-what-it-is.

I needed to think on this for a little while. And I honestly changed my mind.

I thought about what I would do, then I realized, I made this choice (sorta) before.

I gave my BF another chance.

We broke up later, but I don't regret giving him a shot.

So with your eyes wide open, and with the honesty between you of what came to pass (tent snuggling, XBFF bf accusations, exbff stalker) he needs to know that you will likely have some level of question I the back of your mind, so he needs to help you.

And you will likely be looking differently at things.

But...in reality...that's what I did...30 years ago.

I'm seeing all the ingredients here of a perfect 3-some. Attraction, jealousy, desire and all 3 obviously like one another, I know I never slept 3 to a tent for 2 with anyone I didn't really like. Maybe it's time to all kiss and make up.