Just a joke? Or red flag?

I'm wondering am I stupid to believe it was a joke and nothing more.

Nope. You aren't stupid.

His trip is upcoming and the stress of this upcoming vacation is becoming too much to bear.

Who is under stress? You or him?

• Author
Nope. You aren't stupid.

Who is under stress? You or him?

Definitely me since I'll be one staying behind, letting this text get the better of me. I'm trying to come to some sort of conclusion to prevent myself from going crazy while he's gone for 2 weeks.

I would like to say that while he's immature, we do have a pretty stable relationship. this is by far the biggest issue we've ever had.

bentleychic
It's a joke. Dumbass friends **** talking. Forget about it.

I agree. My friend and I talk like this. :rolleyes: She actually told me the other day "LMK when you dump (bf), (her bf) says you need to come visit next time so you can get laid."

It was TOTALLY a joke and I even told bf about it. He laughed b/c he knows I'm not looking anywhere else in that regard. :p

don't most 25 year old guys see women this way?

Not the 25-year olds I know and knew...

Don't most men at least joke about women in the same capacity?

No, they do not. I know men that call other men out when they hear this sort of thing!

And I think letting them get away with this sort of behavior is reprehensible and feeds the problem.

Honestly I'd be totally paranoid the whole time he was gone if I was in this situation.

I don't know how you COULDN'T be.

What did his friend say to prompt this "joke"? Or did your bf just offer it up out of the blue? I would have asked to read his other convos with this friend about the trip.

IDK, I guess I don't see the hilariousness in joking to your buddy about cheating on your gf.

He's definitely setting the plan to get himself some strange while away in the tropics. THAT is pretty obvious.

Why the fool thinks there are going to be beautiful women just lining up - in droves - for the chance to blow him, is beyond me. Dumbass.

That depends on where he's going. There are places where you pick the woman, she stays with you, does anything for the whole week, and if you don't like her you can trade her in for another. Not my cup of tea, but have had friends do this. But, it's expensive.