Are we afraid of death?

when we are old, we have nothing to lose. it's better to die!!

Um, no. Wait 'til you get old. You'll still want to stick around.

I'm not afraid of death but I'd prefer it to happen much later. I have a lot of things I still want to do!

I am positive that we don't end here. I was present at the death of my mother and I haven't words to describe the peace and love that filled the room on her passing. I was actually joyous about it - she would no longer be afraid or in pain (she had cancer).

I'm, as the average teenager, entirely incapable of grasping the concept of me dying.

Hmmm, I'm 33 and entirely incapable of grasping the concept of me dying! Thing I know is it scares the F**K outta me. But so does living as well!

I just hope there is something really out there after we leave this earth! There HAS to be something better than this waiting for us...HAS to be. Right???

• 2 weeks later...

Im not afraid of my own death at all....I sometimes wonder of HOW I will die... and I hope its quick and painless.. but dying itself doesnt scare me. I find it to be almost comforting in a strange way.

I believe we will be with all the people we love and everything we have ever known and come to love, like the pets we have had.

Ive read the most interesting book called "Life on the Other Side"...

I own this book and read it from time to time. Some may be skeptic about it..but not me.

Of course what bothers me the most is having someone I love who is close to me dying..that is my worst fear. I would rather die first than face being without them.

I was in a horrible depression this past year and really truly just wanted to die...I even prayed that I would die in an accident or something. That sounds horrible but its true. Thank God Ive come out of that mess...but every once in a great while I will still feel like that if I have a "bad day" and things arent going right at all.

But thats how much I dont fear death.

I believe in God and believe we still live on...