All this Halloween atmosphere really has me going. So I would like to know if any of you have any real life ghost stories that you would like to share. Well even if they're not real go on ahead and share :)

The scarier the better.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Not true.

When I lived back in Florida, in my apartment at night, there would be this smell that would fill my entire place. A rotten smell, not quite sewer like but very similar. I remember my mother told me once that she read in a ghost or angels book or something like that, that whenever a spirit tries to make contact, there will be a scent to go along with the spirit. For good spirits, it would be light, a cookie like smell. For evil spirits, it would be a foul scent.

Remembering this, I never opened my eyes whenever I smelled this scent. I would squeeze my eyes shut and hide underneath the covers, because as we all know, evil cannot pentetrate cotton.

Every night, the smell would come, though. This happened for about a week straight. One of these nights, I wasn't even thinking, and when I smelled that scent again, I casually and accidentally opened my eyes.

There was a man standing at the end of my bed, staring at me. I froze. I couldn't move, I couldn't breathe. For some reason, I felt very warm, too. He didn't move either. He just stared. Almost like he was staring through me, his eyes almost had a big of a glow to them, but other than that, he looked like a normal man. He had a dark beard and tattered clothing, and the smell was worse than I'd ever smelt before. I couldn't do a thing, couldn't speak, and finally he walked out of my room. I wanted to get up and investigate, but I was scared out of my mind. I don't think I slept for the rest of the night.

The next night, it was about 2 am, and the smell woke me up again. This time, I didn't open my eyes but I shouted, "Listen. Whatever you're doing here, I know you can't hurt me, you can't do a thing to me. If you want to live in peace with me, fine, otherwise, get the hell out of my apartment."

The scent went away and never came back.

No way! That is the most vivid ghost story I have ever heard.

Although I have heard about that smell thing before...

bein on the comp, right behind me, there is my stair case. one day i say a black figure on the stair case in the corner of my eye. as i turn around to try to focus on it, it looked as if the figure quickly ran away upstairs. i freeked out sooo much.

was it a gost? or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

and no, i wasnt on drugs.

and at night, when i look at the ceiling in my sleep,. well u know how when at night u see patches of light floating around? well whenever i see that, they always turn out to be shaped like a mad alien, looking at me at the corner of my eye. when i look that way, it moves or disapears. gosht? or eyes playin tricks on me? and again, i wasnt on drugs

I don't know what it is about my family but we have had several encounters with ghosts, all good.

When I was little, we were staying at my grandmothers house and my mother woke up in the middle of the night and a little girl was in the room, she was about 8 with long brown braids and bangs, she looked perfectly normal and a little lost. My mother sat up and asked "are you lost" and the little girl poofed away and vanished. About a year later, my grandmother saw the prior owner at the post office and he mentioned his daughter died in front of the house, she was hit by a car. He had a photo and she had long brown braids and bangs, it turns out that was her room and she must have just been checking it out.

In the same house a few years later my grandmother was talking on the phone in the kitchen that looked out onto the carport. Inside the car looking through the glove box she saw her long dead father. He saw he looking and smiled, he then went back to looking in the glove box. She ran to get my grandfather so he could see but when she got back the ghost was gone and everyone said she must be nuts. Two years later, same house, different car, there he was again, looking in the glove box...this time she did not move she just yelled for my grandfather and he came into the kitchen, looked out the window and said, "Oh my god, it's the old man (what he used to call him). He also went with a poof but other than that looked perfectly normal...one wierd thing was he was wearing what he was buried in but he had on the cuf links that my grandmother took off of him before he went into the ground. Those cuff links were in the closet of my house 8 hours away (wierd).

We have others but that's all for now.

No one loved Christmas as much as my little Italian grandmother, Santalina. She would spend weeks in the kitchen preparing food for Christmas day. The entire family would gather in her tiny home - including all eight of us grandchildren - and there was always lots of noise, laughter and love. Santa (that is what everyone called her for short), was the very center of our entire family. She held everyone together, and my fondest childhood memories were the HUGE Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings at her house.

Santa passed away right before Thanksgiving fifteen years ago. That Christmas, there would be no gatherings at my grandmother's home and everyone in the family made separate plans to spend the holidays elsewhere. It was the saddest time anyone could remember because it was the first time the family had been scattered in different directions.

The night before Christmas Eve, I was up late finishing my last batch of Christmas cookies thinking how much I missed my Grandmother and how difficult the holidays were going to be this year without her. About midnight, I had finished cleaning the kitchen and turned out all the lights and went to bed. My husband and daughter were already asleep.

At three in the morning, I was woken up by loud Christmas music blaring from the radio in the kitchen. At first, I thought I was dreaming. When I realized I wasn't I stumbled out of bed thinking my daughter - who was only six at the time - had found the cookies and was getting into mischief. All the lights upstairs were on…the hallway lights; the kitchen lights; the living room lights; the Christmas tree lights…and the radio was cranked to full volume playing the song: I'll be home for Christmas.

Still sleepy, it all wasn't registering yet. After turning everything off, my first thought was to open my daughter's bedroom door and check on her. She was sound asleep…mouth wide open…so I knew she wasn't faking. I also knew it wasn't my husband because I had left him asleep in the bed beside me.

I went back to bed and thought nothing more of it until the next morning when I was awake enough to process what had happened. I immediately telephoned my mother…even joking that I thought I was going crazy. To my surprise, my mother got really quiet and started crying. She told me that the same thing had happened to her last night. That she and my father had gone to bed around ten o'clock after turning out all the lights and unplugging the electric candles in the kitchen and dinning room windows. She was awakened by the sound of the radio playing Christmas songs at around two o'clock in the morning. When she went to investigate, all the lights upstairs were on and the candles in the windows had been plugged back in and were lit…

Yes, Virginia…there is a Santa! And ever since that Christmas, my parents have done their best to keep my Grandmother's tradition alive and well by hosting the holidays at their house so everyone can be together.

Well... I have a couple of strange occurances, I don't know if they were actually ghosts or whatnot.

One time when I was in Jr High I had a lot of homework. I didn't get the chance to get it done before gymnastics practice, so I had to do it when I got home... at like 9pm. When I got home I was really tired, and I ended up falling asleep. About an hour later, I woke up, for no apparent reason. I looked at the end of my bed and there was this white blob just chillen there. It freaked me out and I jumped, then it moved quickly towards my door and disappeared into it. Needless to say, I couldn't sleep so I finished my homework.

I had a dream once that I was in my old house. My old bedroom was at the end of the hall and I was headed down there. Once I got in the room, my door closed behind me and the same white blob I saw when I was in Jr High was there. It started to approach me and I freaked out and fell to the ground, then it stood right over me! It was creepy dream.

I think my apartment may be haunted. Both my roommate and I hear random knocking on our front door, our bedroom doors, and the bathroom door. My TV likes to randomly turn on, and things are mysteriously "misplaced" and then found in the most random places.

To my surprise, my mother got really quiet and started crying. She told me that the same thing had happened to her last night. That she and my father had gone to bed around ten o'clock after turning out all the lights and unplugging the electric candles in the kitchen and dinning room windows. She was awakened by the sound of the radio playing Christmas songs at around two o'clock in the morning. When she went to investigate, all the lights upstairs were on and the candles in the windows had been plugged back in and were lit…

OK my hairs are standing up on the back of my neck right now! That is freaky!

My dad died 11 years ago. 3 years ago my sis and I were up at the cottage. My husband and bro-in-law were down at the lake swimming...Gorgeous day outside...We were making lunch and just talking about our mom. She had met someone finally and it was getting serious. So I had said, "I wonder how dad would feel if he knew mom has met someone now?" The dining room lights started flickering and the lamp across the room went out!! We screamed and ran down to the lake to tell the guys what had happened! Freaked me RIGHT out but I do believe it was my dad!!

My best friend has alot of "ghost" stories..she is very in touch with that kind of stuff.

I think in alot of cases, if you "allow" it and keep an open mind,.you will see and experience things.

Some of the things she said about her old apartment she used to live in freaked me out soo bad. It was about 9 years ago and her boyfriend at the time, just moved out...she was all alone and she looked out into her hallway (She was in bed reading) and she saw a woman appear...she said it reminded her of an old time school teacher..the lady had dark hair, glasses and a bun in her hair. She dissapeared as fast as she saw her. When her boyfriend still lived there, he claimed he saw the same face in a picture frame one early morning.

Let me just say that I didnt go upstairs alone in her house after I learned of that!!!

She also had something very strange happen to her more recently as well.

Anyway as for me...when I was a kid..I SWEAR there was a lady in my bedroom in the house I grew up in..I would wake up every night around the same time. I think I was around 5 years old.

I would just stare at her. She looked like she was dancing. (OK dont laugh)

I was so scared every night to go to bed. I told my parents but of course they said..nobody is in the room...its my imagination.

You know they do say children see things others cant. As I got older I never saw her again..it was just that couple of years. (4-5 yrs old) I have a very good memory.

I remember exactly where I used to see her too... it was by my bookshelf. Freaked me out. But in some weird way..I knew she wasnt going to hurt me.

A year before my parents bought the house..a woman did die in it. So who knows.