I am a guy this made me cry

Yeah, you did once say that. I think it was in a thread about black people and white people dating....not sure.

So many comments/threads containing your comments and and those of respondents have been deleted, it's impossible to say where or when, but yeah.

I remember being really quite shocked by that at the time.

I never said I know everything about relationships or all of mine will work out (obviously that isn't the case). I will never pray with my bf because he doesn't pray... I'm fine with that I can pray alone, I can pray for him whatever, it does not matter to me. I knew how he was when I started talking to him and I made the decision to continue.

I know I am full of contradictions, but in the end I just thought the video was lame. That was it. I don't see why it is such a huge deal that I was not into a cheeseball video of these people. I also do't see how it is wrong to say that with the divorce rate being over 50% they probably won't last. I mean we can do the math on that one.

You were wrong, because you wanted to tarnish what was obviously a great gesture of love. People who feel it is necessary to put down others who are happy and content in their lives are almost always angry and depressed because they feel like losers. Rather than doing something about that though, they try to put down others.

Oh sorry I didn't know that was Nazi Germany lol

I still do but obviously I don't live in the 40s so just a housewife would suffice

You didn't know something involving Nazis happened in the forties?

I am definitely not depressed or angry so I don't know where you are getting that.

Except every five minutes you say you are angry and depressed. I mean, this very minute you are worried about your relationship. No?

OMG Yes I did know that but being a housewife is not even closely related to Nazi Germany so I didn't see the connection.

It is when you specifically say what a great era the forties was.

Given that it was a globally-changing period of time, you must sadly be one of the few who don't.

Austerity, cut-backs, deprivation, segregation, poverty, war, murder, the holocaust.

The forties were horrendous.

Do you know rationing went on into the early 50's?

Why do you think it was such a great time, then?

• Like 1
I just like the idea of being a housewife who does nothing but cooks and cleans and takes care of my babies. That is all those women did and I would love that.

Unless you marry a man who can comfortably keep you in the way to which you'd like to become accustomed - that is, as I pointed out earlier, utterly and completely unrealistic, dearest.....

You MUST surely, know that.

• Like 1
hoping2heal
I think it could last yeah... I didn't say this couple would 100% not last I said they probably won't and the stats aren't in their favor so.... I still stick by what I said.

In the end whether the marriage lasts or not is irrelevant I guess since the post was about the proposal which was lame too.

1. No one said they were under 25 years of age. If you found out they were 27 would your opinion suddenly shift to "Oh thank God!! They're 27 and things will definitely work out! Needless to say I saw their "love story" video too and it looks like despite their appearance this couple is indeed over the age of 25.

2. If a man popped a K-mart ring into a walleye's mouth and told you to go fishing for it you would be estatic and overjoyed that someone proposed to you. Who do you think you're fooling with the crap about how lame you'd think ALL of that effort and ALL of that work and ALL of that love was?? You wouldn't.

Sometimes I find your honesty refreshing even if I don't agree with your point of view and other times there is this inner 12 year old girl who comes out and behaves like a jealous little girl in the 90's at a Britney Spears concert.

• Like 1
Miss_raptor

Just watching how thrilled she was during the process was amazing. The fact that he put together something meaningful and special for her is what makes it so touching. It certainly wouldn't be my first choice of being proposed to, but the love between them is palpable, as is the love of their family and friends. This is sweet.

Even if they don't last (seriously, why is anyone even talking about if they don't last), it's something to look back fondly on.

I don't think it is unrealistic. People do it everyday

Oh really?

What 'people'?

The only 'people who can afford to do it are the very wealthy.

Most - the vast majority - of households need more than one income to survive, because salaries are not commensurate with the cost of living; while that has inexorably risen, salaries have remained at the same level for a number of years. It's happened throughout the recession,and every country hit by the economic downturn has held a static level of salaries, With unpaid overtime expected.

Ask around, it's true.

In order to afford kids, both people need to work. Which means child-minding fees, which means a good 60% of your salary goes towards paying someone else to bring up your child.

If you do give up work, be prepared to forfeit holidays, luxuries and the special little extras childless couples enjoy so much.

• Like 1

I guess I am cynical too...my thought was "oh. Youtube famewhores" and that he'd never do that if he wasn't gonna get a bunch of hits on YT :o

ps why don't you all PM each other if you wanna discuss IIB's dating thoughts and theories? So ot.

• Like 1

I dont know guys, this guy went through all this trouble for this one girl. Even without the filming of it I am sure he would have done it. But on that note if you where going to do something like this you would want it to be filmed. In todays age it would just be weird if you didn't.

When will men realize that this kind of stuff does not turn women on? She is probably laughing at him when she is with friends. He is setting himself up for a world of hurt.

I also do't see how it is wrong to say that with the divorce rate being over 50% they probably won't last. I mean we can do the math on that one.

The divorce rate for the general population is over 50%. But it's not for this couple. They have seem to have so many factors that increase their likelihood of success: similar religious beliefs, similar backgrounds, similar parents who seem to be united in loving matrimony, lots of social support. I'm making some assumptions but you get the idea. I think they have a great chance at success. Better than most.

A marriage is so much more than a proposal or a wedding. But there's nothing wrong with giving it your all from the get go.

• Like 1
I'm not arguing this again.

We will see in 10 years if they are still together with the 50% divorce rate.

Oh, no need to respond at all :). I was just putting my point of view out there, as I feel that not all partnerships are created equal. Some have a greater than 50% chance of divorce (i.e. remarriages), and some have a lesser chance. Just a fact of averages.

• Like 1
I wouldn't give up working, I would be so bored I think but I would rather not work while my kids are little because I don't want them in daycare. At least not until they can talk. My mom did that with me and my brother and money was for sure tight but we managed.

No, it's not 'we' managed.

It's 'They' managed.

And they hadn't been hit with this recession when you were born. Salaries were better then when matched against the cost of living.

In the same situation now, it wouldn't just be 'tight': your parents would have struggled.

So you desperately want kids, but you'd put them in daycare once they're able to communicate (that's about the 3-year mark, for coherent effective communication). Just when they're getting interesting, active, alert, inquisitive and expressive?

You'd miss the most wonderful years of their development.

My grandson is 3 and he's an absolutely marvellous wonderful little boy!

Best time of their lives!

But at least you'd have the first 3 years at home, with them.....

Given that it was a globally-changing period of time, you must sadly be one of the few who don't.

Austerity, cut-backs, deprivation, segregation, poverty, war, murder, the holocaust.

The forties were horrendous.

Do you know rationing went on into the early 50's?

Why do you think it was such a great time, then?

Not to mention the general attitude against blacks in the forties..

Well, yes..... there is that minor point.

Fortunately, it can't happen, so she'll just have to suck up being a modern girl, in a modern world, with recessions, job cutbacks, housing shortages, price rises, currency devaluations, and redundancies, just like the rest of us.

• Like 1
Well, yes..... there is that minor point.

Fortunately, it can't happen, so she'll just have to suck up being a modern girl, in a modern world, with recessions, job cutbacks, housing shortages, price rises, currency devaluations, and redundancies, just like the rest of us.

Furthermore, I just saw the most sobering article on UKTV, a moment ago....

People with children are getting in touch with their banks/mortgage providers, to defer payments on their houses for 2 months while the kids are at home on holiday form school - because they can't afford both.

Even staying at home instead of 'going' on holiday, is frighteningly expensive, as taking the kids anywhere, and doing stuff with them, costs money: Fuel, entrance fees, meals, excursions. Some guys see bills of around £600 for the holiday expenses in addition to everyday outgoings.

The outgoings nowadays are even greater, if you consider that 20 years ago, there were no mobile phones, electronic games and satellite/broadband expenses to include....

I sincerely wish this couple well, (keeping it, as veggirl rightly points out, on topic), but the amount of challenges and obstacles facing young couples today ranges from daunting to positively terrifying.

Love isn't enough - but hopefully, this pair will make a go of it together. And they are, it seems, now married.

... You're wrong.

Sorry, but stats are against this couple as well as Ny couple who gets married before 25. Maybe it worked for your parents but that was a different time period.

If you ask professional athletes what they thought they were going to be when growing up, they'll tell you: professional athletes. They had this faith of becoming great.

You can laugh all you want. You can be cynical. But in the end, if you believe good things can happen, they will.

I mean dude has a "production company"

Its just so disingenuous imo. Romance is more private, more quiet, more personal--to me, at least.

hoping2heal
I mean dude has a "production company"

Its just so disingenuous imo. Romance is more private, more quiet, more personal--to me, at least.

In his defense, the fact that he owns a production company demonstrates both a passion and skill in production. I think he was simply putting his talent to use to enhance the experience. It's like if someone were a music composer and they wrote a song for their loved one. It might look over the top or not genuine to some but people are just putting their skills and talents to use.

I'm glad some people share those moments because they are uplifting. Would I share mine? No but like you I'm much more about the private and intimate but just because that's my preference doesn't make someone else disingenuous by any measure whatsoever. If his wife is his muse then by all means what a beautiful thing.