:(...my First Date Goes Wrong!!!

ice_solid_2k4

ice_solid_2k4

well 2day i was going to be so happy...i was going on my first date...being 18 years old...and finally going on my first date would be great...so i ask this girl out prior to 2day...and we decided we'd go watch a movie...well i gave her my number and she said she'd call me...so the next day i'm waiting there at the mall...for 1 hour and 30 minutes...i got no call...and waited there like an idiot...i really just feel like giving up...i had the balls to ask a girl out for the first time...i didn't even get rejected...i usually get rejected w/o even asking the girl out...cuz she eventually finds out dat i like her...and she breaks it down to me...and tells me i'm nice blah blah balh..and it won't work out...but dat was in my grade 8/9 days lol...but now it was my big break...so i just sat there watching the other couples enjoy each other's company... :(

bluechocolate

Was this really a date at all? Or when you asked did she say she would give you a call about it later - meaning she wasn't answering yes or no either way? In which case, her not calling was a no.

Regardless, I'm sorry you're bummed out about it. I remember what it's like (yikes - now I sound like your grandpa) & yes, it's a real downer. But you know what? The world keeps turning & there will be more girls who will reject you & not call you & sometimes you them. So don't convince yourself that this was your big break. It was just a movie you didn't get to see with someone who didn't have the guts to call. Her loss.

I hope you feel better soon.

Cheers :)

sorry to hear your so bummed out. I am wondering if it was a misunderstanding on your part. As blue said "Was this really a date at all? Or when you asked did she say she would give you a call about it later - meaning she wasn't answering yes or no either way? In which case, her not calling was a no." It's also possible something happened and she couldn't make it. Your still young so don't give up, the right one is out there for you, it's just taking longer than you expected to find her.

Best of luck :)

sorry to hear what happened :(

but let me tell you this, if a girl is truly interested in you, they will not stand you up like she did.

Plus she knew & remembered the day & time u guys were going to watch the movie.

Here's also something,

Usually girls dont like to be mean by rejecting guys over the phone or in person, so normally they wouldnt say no.

For girls, when u propose a date, common excuses such as: " ill call u back later" (usually they wont call back) "im busy that day" (unless they counter offer a diferent day) and they stand you up....are common signs that they simply arent interested in you.

Sometimes this is a test to see how you react to the situation.

what to do the next time you see her?

Just be cool. Dont blow up in her face about it. DONT even tell her how long you waited and that you actually went. Just move on. so what if hse isnt interested?? there are tons of other fishes in the ocean

How should you react if she brings this up? in addition to making an excuse for not showing up:

Be cool. just tell her something came up that day you had to attend to and couldnt make it. or tell her you went out with some friends. WHATEVER it is dont tell her you actually went. It may reveal to her that you were desperate for the date. girls dont like desperate guys.

its part of life, learn to cope with it. because i guarantee you, stuff similar to this will happen again.

oh and btw, normally for 1st dates. guys dont ask girls out to movies. Do anything else but this.

you ask, why not movies :( ? the answer is simple. because there isnt enough social interaction/communication going on to get to know each other. for first dates, its best to communicate :)

Phone behaviors of women and men differ greatly. When men say no, they usually mean no. If they're going to cancel out on someone, they let the person right away they can't do it.

Yes, No, Maybe is all the same with women. Sometimes a woman will say yes and will STAND YOU UP. Sometimes a woman will say yes and CANCEL an hour before the date. Sometimes a woman will NOT CALL when she says she will. Sometimes a woman will say MAYBE because she wants you to entice her or she might say NO later on.

I think it is a good idea to get her number when you asked her out. This way, you can at least call her and see what happened.

If you guys are classmates, you can start by asking her to have lunch together.