New girlfriend has stretch marks on stomach

Negative Nancy
My ex bf had stretch marks behind his knees

So do I, from working out I guess. I also have some on my stomach and I have never been pregnant once. I dont think they look bad. Nasty varicose veins on legs look much worse than some barely visible stretch marks.

Going back a few years one of our friends had noticeable stretch marks and extra loose skin around her abdomen area. She would wear a bikini often but not always. She had a very nice body but this part of her body she was not happy with. She has been working out with my GF for a couple of years. In that time with diet and training her loose skin has diminished to almost nothing. The stretch marks seem less to. You have to really be looking for it.

I have some stretch marks on my hips as well as some on my inner thigh. It's from gaining and losing weight.

Mme. Chaucer
Are you serious? How come your BF couldn't talk to you about your body? .

Personally, I would be pretty mortified if a man asked me about stretch marks after our first time having sex together. Or other flaws, for that matter. I think it would be sensitive for him to just forget he ever noticed them.

Whether or not a woman you're seriously dating has a kid is pretty much the kind of thing that people will get to know as they learn about each other - without evidence like stretch marks. Which can happen without pregnancy, for sure.

• Like 1

I have stretch marks on my lower back, lumbar spine area. I've had them since I was a kid.

Guess I grew too fast for my skin to keep up.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't see how it's impossible to talk about past history (kids, partners, etc) WITHOUT mentioning the stretch marks. After all, kids are your concern, not the stretch marks.

Or is it the other way around...?

^^^^^^ This!

whichwayisup
Hi guys,

This morning I slept with my girlfriend and due to it being morning I was able to see her fully naked for the first time. I notice she had some light stretch marks on her lower stomach area, but no where else on her body. She's not overweight but not skinny either. She's 28 and I've never been with a girl with these types of marks. My first thoughts were "holy ****, she's got a kid" and I want to ask her about it without sounding like a douche, as I'd need to know about her situation before deciding to keep on dating.

Are stretch marks only made by pregnancy?

Not judging but if stretch marks put you off this early in a R, then you're best not to date anybody. Life happens.. Scars, skin tags, age spots, moles..stretch marks happen too even if you don't have children. What if she was in an accident and had a scar on a leg or somewhere else on her body..Would it bother you enough to walk away?

Is your body perfect? Do you have any flaws?

whichwayisup
I have them too and i'm still virgin. i wonder how i will have a good relationship with my ugly body :(

See, STOP that! There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with your body!

MANY men are not shallow and don't care about those sort of thing. You're so young and shouldn't be worrying about this stuff at all.

Don't let ANYBODY make you feel insecure. Love yourself first and care less what others think.

• Like 5

Stretch marks? This is about some stretch marks? Ask her if she's had children? If that doesn't bother you, then you have issue with stretch marks and probably should ask every girl you date whether they have them before deciding you want to have a relationship with them.

Sorry, but this is not a problem. It amazes me how so many people cannot resolve such simple issues. Just ask her if she has any kids.

• Like 1
miss_jaclynrae

Oh man, I have a **** ton of stretch marks!

My body grew super fast in HS and so I have them really bad on my hips.

They are huge and look like scars more than anything. I have honestly NEVER ever had them be an issue. Every guy who has seen me naked barely takes notice, and even the ones who do I just tell them what they are!

Stretch marks are totally natural, every woman is different, own it!

miss_jaclynrae

BTW OP, it is very naive to assume that because she has stretch marks she has had a kid. If a guy I was with asked me if I had kids I would be super embarrassed and would think you are a jerk, don't you think I would tell my boyfriend if I had kids or not?

My husband has them on his thighs, he's a tall lanky guy. I have them from puberty-grew 4 inches over a summer. We are currently expecting a kid and I'm pretty close to popping, yet don't have any pregnancy related stretch marks. Some women do and some don't get them from pregnancy.

Basically all stretch marks are caused by sudden growth and really have nothing to do with pregnancy per se, although it is common for some women to get them as their stomachs expand so quickly in the 40 weeks. It's more based on genetics and how your skin tissues respond to rapid change and the tearing that occurs.

Maybe she'd been overweight at some point? I gained a lot of weight quickly and then lost 90lbs so I have stretch marks as well. Do NOT point it out!!! It'll only make her self-conscious and it'll make you look superficial!

I'm a guy and have stretch marks on my stomach... last I checked the only birthing I do is mud babies!

• Like 1

Tell her to use cocoa butter :) religiously on the stretch marks(and any other scars)...

It smells yummy too...so maybe you won't be able to keep her hands off her :p