You will find someone better !

This is such ridiculous garbage....

If you are 50 years old what the hell do you want with a 25 year old? Ill say that despite knowing that even at 48 I could likely land a 28-34 year old if I wanted to..Im in great shape, youthful, have all my hair, my dick works as it should..etc..

What about all of the available over 40 women? Are they worthless? I find a hell of a lot of attractiveness in mature women...They are on the same level and know what they want..They are also smarter and more established in their careers..Let the 20 somethings flounder with the other 20 something guys..

Its quite shocking that people can actually say this crap and be serious about it..

TFY

I never said I wanted a 25 year old at 50. Of course you wanted to change the words to support your mistaken theory. I said 50 is old and gave a way for people to confirm it. The only people who think 50 isn't old are the ones who are 50 and don't want to admit it.

Maybe at 50 98% of the 25 year olds are eliminated, yes... but there is plenty of potential if you are after other middle-aged women.

You are missing my point. I am saying 50 is old. I am saying to a 25 year old 40 is old. I am not saying a 50 year old should want a 25 year old, or even that a 40 year old would want a 25 year old. I am just trying to show you that for those who think 50 isn't old, there are many people who think it is.

I'm 33 and pretty attractive. I dated a 48 yo guy who had the most dynamic personality, fascinating guy. His age, if anything, only added to his charm, because I didn't have to explain shyte to him. He was and is a handful, so I left before I got my wings burnt too badly :p. I can tell you that, one special guy. Age is an issue if you let it be one. And also it's another cliche, confidence is everything. I don't mean the make believe stuff, I mean the real thing... that's what's making the ladies lust... just my 2 cents, of course.

• Like 1
I said 50 is old and gave a way for people to confirm it. The only people who think 50 isn't old are the ones who are 50 and don't want to admit it.

To an 80 or 90 year old, 50 isn't old. Your theory works both ways. How old is old? At what point and when do you define something as old. Using average life expectancy, at 50, you're only 59% of the way through life. You wouldn't throw a bottle of wine out if it had 41% left in it, or throw away a battery if it had 41% of life left in it. Why are you doing it to yourself?

You've labelled yourself as old and are hanging on to that dearly, and if that's your outlook then fair play to you, but you have to understand that's your own definition.

Like I've said before, you and Zammo are labelling the idea that you have no hope at 50 and beyond as 'FACT'. What about the 28% of people who meet and get married over the age of 50. What about people I know who have found someone new over the age of 50. What about the dating sites out there for people in their 40s, 50s and 60s. What about the people I know who've had life kick the sh*t out of them after 50 and they've got back up again. Are these all people just wasting their time. Should they just all remind themselves that they're well past their expiry date, really old, that they have no hope and should just give up because, apparently 'FACT' says it's that way?

thefooloftheyear
I never said I wanted a 25 year old at 50. Of course you wanted to change the words to support your mistaken theory. I said 50 is old and gave a way for people to confirm it. The only people who think 50 isn't old are the ones who are 50 and don't want to admit it.

Do you realize how idiotic you sound??

As guys we actually have an advantage at this age,,,Its easier for men than women to keep active and fit later in life..Many women view men at this age as highly desirable.. We are smarter, more financially secure and, if we take good care of ourselves we can easily maintain a youthful appearance...One of my good friends is in his late 60's...His wife passed away years ago from cancer..he has been regularly dating attractive women in their 40s,, he still works out regularly and runs a successful company. You think he gives a flying fck that he is 69 years old? :laugh:

Just lose the Charlie Brown attitude and stop worrying aboutthe black cloud over your head...or continue to wallow in the shyt..Its your choice,...

TFY

• Author
Do you realize how idiotic you sound??

As guys we actually have an advantage at this age,,,Its easier for men than women to keep active and fit later in life..Many women view men at this age as highly desirable.. We are smarter, more financially secure and, if we take good care of ourselves we can easily maintain a youthful appearance...One of my good friends is in his late 60's...His wife passed away years ago from cancer..he has been regularly dating attractive women in their 40s,, he still works out regularly and runs a successful company. You think he gives a flying fck that he is 69 years old? :laugh:

Just lose the Charlie Brown attitude and stop worrying aboutthe black cloud over your head...or continue to wallow in the shyt..Its your choice,...

TFY

" more financially secure " , are you having a laugh ?, thousands of men of this age are on the financial scrapheap and as I said, if you are, you have no chance whatsoever so there is no point in even trying anymore.

Edited by Zammo25
thefooloftheyear
" more financially secure " , are you having a laugh ?, thousands of men of this age are on the financial scrapheap and as I said, if you are, you have no chance whatsoever so there is no point in even trying anymore.

:rolleyes:

Pure bullshyt. So what you are saying is no one starts a business or lives a productive career life after 30 years old? Did you know that Ray Kroc(founder of McDonalds hamburgers) started his empire at the "old" age of 52?

I dont care what you say...yes some people are hurting, but a lot arent. I have means, but if you stripped me of every last dollar I own (at almost 49 years old) I can guarantee you that I would have it all back in less than 10 years.

Be a turtle and retreat to the safety of your shell if you want, but dont try to paint everyone with that same brush, because many people are completely happy and successful at the age you are talking about.

TFY

• Author
:rolleyes:

Pure bullshyt. So what you are saying is no one starts a business or lives a productive career life after 30 years old? Did you know that Ray Kroc(founder of McDonalds hamburgers) started his empire at the "old" age of 52?

I dont care what you say...yes some people are hurting, but a lot arent. I have means, but if you stripped me of every last dollar I own (at almost 49 years old) I can guarantee you that I would have it all back in less than 10 years.

Be a turtle and retreat to the safety of your shell if you want, but dont try to paint everyone with that same brush, because many people are completely happy and successful at the age you are talking about.

TFY

Have you been on Mars for the last 5 years ? My income has reduced by 70% as my industry and business levels have been wiped out.

thefooloftheyear
Have you been on Mars for the last 5 years ? My income has reduced by 70% as my industry and business levels have been wiped out.

So what?

I came from a broken home not knowing where I was going to be or who I was going to be with at any given moment..Does that mean I should have lived the rest of my life as a homeless person? Life is what YOU make of it..If your industry has been wiped out, then find a new industry...People do it every day...even people older than you are...

You guys need to look up the term "Self fulfilling prophecy"..Study it hard and understand what you are doing to yourselves.. You are the master of youur fate..Dont blame society, women or anyone else..

TFY

• Author
So what?

I came from a broken home not knowing where I was going to be or who I was going to be with at any given moment..Does that mean I should have lived the rest of my life as a homeless person? Life is what YOU make of it..If your industry has been wiped out, then find a new industry...People do it every day...even people older than you are...

You guys need to look up the term "Self fulfilling prophecy"..Study it hard and understand what you are doing to yourselves.. You are the master of youur fate..Dont blame society, women or anyone else..

TFY

You are clueless and insulting. You obviously think the sun shines out of your rear end and that you are so superior to me. What an ego you have. If you really think it is a breeze getting a new career at 50 in the worst worldwide recession of all time you really are deluded and all the facts and statistics show this. Also you don't know what I have done just to be standing and I can guarantee I have been through things that would have put you in a padded cell so direct your abuse at someone else.

• Author
So what?

TFY

If you want to point score hard luck stories, I was adopted. Do some research on what that does to the adult psycology. Have a look at the Primal Wound.

Edited by Zammo25
thefooloftheyear
You are clueless and insulting. You obviously think the sun shines out of your rear end and that you are so superior to me. What an ego you have. If you really think it is a breeze getting a new career at 50 in the worst worldwide recession of all time you really are deluded and all the facts and statistics show this. Also you don't know what I have done just to be standing and I can guarantee I have been through things that would have put you in a padded cell so direct your abuse at someone else.

Think what you want, pal...Im not the one crying in my beer-YOU are,,Im not superior to anybody..Just dont ask me to drop down to your level of misery..Not doing it..sorry..

So what you are saying is that anyone who doesnt want to wallow in garbage has an ego problem??...What a joke.:laugh:

This isnt the worst recession of all time..Study history..My grandparents came here in the 1950's with NOTHING but the clothes on their backs..Didnt know the language couldnt find their way to the next block..You think when they got on that boat they were worried about what "industry" was going to support them? In case you didnt know, a job/career isnt a right...You have to be able to adapt or get run the fck over..Plain and simple.

Thank God for people that are willing to forge ahead in times of crisis..We would be a sorry bunch of wveryone was like you..

Sheesh:rolleyes:

TFY

• Like 1
If you really think it is a breeze getting a new career at 50 in the worst worldwide recession of all time you really are deluded and all the facts and statistics show this.

It's not a breeze, I know, I'm trying to do it at the age of 30 and it's far from easy......but it's not impossible.... for anyone at any age.

Once again, you say it like it can never be done so there's no point trying, completely ignoring those that successfully do it.

Whether there are massive hurdles in your way or that you simply don't want to invest the energy to try, then the decision to not try is still your decision, but don't dismiss other who still feel 'alive' or feel that it's worth a try. Some of the most 'driven' people I know are over 50 and, yes, some haven't succeeded to the extent they'd like, whilst others have gone from strength to strength, but the thing is....they have all tried. If you don't want to, or don't see the point, then fine.... just accept that others do want to and do see the point.

• Like 1
  • Author
Think what you want, pal...Im not the one crying in my beer-YOU are,,Im not superior to anybody..Just dont ask me to drop down to your level of misery..Not doing it..sorry..

So what you are saying is that anyone who doesnt want to wallow in garbage has an ego problem??...What a joke.:laugh:

This isnt the worst recession of all time..Study history..My grandparents came here in the 1950's with NOTHING but the clothes on their backs..Didnt know the language couldnt find their way to the next block..You think when they got on that boat they were worried about what "industry" was going to support them? In case you didnt know, a job/career isnt a right...You have to be able to adapt or get run the fck over..Plain and simple.

Thank God for people that are willing to forge ahead in times of crisis..We would be a sorry bunch of wveryone was like you..

Sheesh:rolleyes:

TFY

With respect DO ONE you arrogant piece of .... You have no idea of the battle I have put in over the last 5 years, you would have fallen long before I would I can guarantee that mr self sataisfied and smug. All in all you are an odious piece of work. Get over yourself !

• Author
It's not a breeze, I know, I'm trying to do it at the age of 30 and it's far from easy......but it's not impossible.... for anyone at any age.

Once again, you say it like it can never be done so there's no point trying, completely ignoring those that successfully do it.

Whether there are massive hurdles in your way or that you simply don't want to invest the energy to try, then the decision to not try is still your decision, but don't dismiss other who still feel 'alive' or feel that it's worth a try. Some of the most 'driven' people I know are over 50 and, yes, some haven't succeeded to the extent they'd like, whilst others have gone from strength to strength, but the thing is....they have all tried. If you don't want to, or don't see the point, then fine.... just accept that others do want to and do see the point.

You are 30 not 50.

You are 30 not 50.

Read what I said again...... anyone at any age can do it.

Between mature students during my time at uni, work colleagues and family members, I've known plenty who have tried and succeeded....... but of course..... they can't have.... they must all be lying, because there's no hope after 50 and that's a "FACT"

Edited by Renard99
  • Like 3
thefooloftheyear
With respect DO ONE you arrogant piece of .... You have no idea of the battle I have put in over the last 5 years, you would have fallen long before I would I can guarantee that mr self sataisfied and smug. All in all you are an odious piece of work. Get over yourself !

You realize you are being critical of me because I choose to disagree with you that life ends at 50..All this screams of is that you want everyone else to drink your poisoned Kool Aid.. You arent going to get many takers on that..I dont give a shyt what you do with your life..But dont put that agenda on anyone else.

Say what you want ..youre just a crying jackass..And if you were standing in front of me id tell it to you right to your face..I doubt highly you would though...Keyboard tough guy..Im not the only one with that opinion..You act like you are the only one who has faced adversity. You arent..get over it.

Have a nice day.Skippy..:)

TFY

Edited by thefooloftheyear
  • Like 1

I already have.. I've found myself again and it's so good to be back! If you're not happy you can't make anyone else happy

• Like 2
  • Author
You realize you are being critical of me because I choose to disagree with you that life ends at 50..All this screams of is that you want everyone else to drink your poisoned Kool Aid.. You arent going to get many takers on that..I dont give a shyt what you do with your life..But dont put that agenda on anyone else.

Say what you want ..youre just a crying jackass..And if you were standing in front of me id tell it to you right to your face..I doubt highly you would though...Keyboard tough guy..Im not the only one with that opinion..You act like you are the only one who has faced adversity. You arent..get over it.

Have a nice day.Skippy..:)

TFY

Your the one who got personal pal. All my comments before you waded in were generic and not directly at any one individual. Well your life is hunky dory. Bully for you. You are such a hot and desirable Man you get Woman half your age falling at your feet, bully for you. You LOVE yourself, fine. Lifes opportunities are not just down to attitude, outside influences that you have no control over can literally leave you on your knees. You said " so what " to my circumstances. If you read your posts you can see that you have come across as condascending and very smug.

I'm finding it hard to feel sorry for someone so determined to not improve himself and therefore his odds in life :(

There are plenty of good suggestions for things you could try posted here, why not try at least one? That way you could at least get yourself away from the computer you're using to argue with strangers on the internet.

Take care :bunny:

• Like 4
ballycastle
You know nothing. She was very low when I met her, on med's. She had been through a lot herself in recent years. I got her back on track, happiest she had been for years and after she was strong again, moved onto a guy with better prospects. I was in reality a " stepping stone ".

Maybe I do, maybe I don't.

If your ex was low when you met her and on meds, there is an issue there. Not saying there is anything wrong with having a mental health problem per se, I've had my fair share of depression, but having a relationship of this kind changes the dynamic of it. Then you say you, 'got her back on track'. For all you say I don't know, sounds like you have issues with co-dependency issues or you the 'saviour' the one who has to help/make things better/ make them right. Another issue in itself. Is there a pattern in your previous relationships like this??

And then she gets better, after you made it so and leaves, you're left with being angry, bitter, disappointed. If that is the case, that says an awful lot about her as well.

What I and all of us are saying is that only YOU can change the you in your life so you are not repeating these unhealthy patterns and forming future relationships with the wrong people for the wrong reasons. But to do that takes some humility, what you aren't showing much of now.

And of course you care if you don't find love again as you keep saying.

If you didn't, you wouldn't be on this site.

Be honest and maybe, just maybe you have a chance. there's no guarantee, but at least YOU would have been the best you can be, in your young age to find the partner that's right for you.

And yes, 50 is still young, by today's standards.

If you read my threads you will see I was angry and bitter, but I had to find things out about me I didn't like, am still making the personal journey back to me.

6 months NC, self discovery, seeking solace on this site, making new memories.

It's up to you.

• Like 1
worldgonewrong

I'm 43, right behind you with 50 in my sights.

At my age, post-divorce (dumped by my ex & went thru all the traumas), I'm in better shape now than I was at 23 and I have a fantastic girlfriend now too.

ANYTHING is possible.

I'm glad there are some positive members in this thread, should let all the negative sh*te go with the ex. Onwards & upwards whatever your age. We're all still alive

• Like 2
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. Does anyone really believe this Horse**** ? It is very irritating and all to prevelent on this site. Well, maybe you won't. All this crap about " look after yourself " and someone great will come along. It is from Hollywood films and not with anything based in reality and the real World. Well I hate to tell you this but you may not find anyone better and all the trips to the Gym and " improving " yourself maybe a pile of crap. Just balancing the Bull**** posted on here.

Have a great Day. Zammo.

There is no "one", there are several people in life whom you can have a connection with and fall in love with. No relationship is exactly the same as the last, but in my own experience, someone else always comes along whom I feel just as in love with or more in love with, especially as I grow and change and learn more about my needs, my "next" is always a little bit better of a match for me. This is my experience and what I choose to believe. I see no point in resigning to the fact that your long gone ex will be the best person you'll ever meet...it's a pretty ridiculous idea IMO, and no person is that special, to where if you never have them again you won't be happy. What's meant for you is meant for you, in my experience, i.e. if you are no longer with someone, clearly they aren't meant for you, so what's the use lamenting over it for years and years...chances are though it's a self-fulfilling prophecy - if you believe you will never find another, then your attitude will be one of pining and depression and no one finds that attractive, and you'll close yourself off to the possibility of meeting others and will make your own thoughts seem like reality.