Attracted to a younger male colleague

RebelWithoutACause

It doesn't matter where you are from, getting this worked up over some guy you barely know is insane. Get it together and either ask him out (not advisable) or completely move on from him. It's not a good idea to ask him out because he's too young and doesn't seem to have any serious interest in you. So if you do go after him it might make things even more uncomfortable at work. But if you wanna know for sure there is only one way to find out.

Either way, stop losing it over nothing.

• Like 1

Theres a chance this guy likes the OP, but is assuming SHE isnt interested because shes not putting her foot out there.

forgetmenot75

Ok, maybe I am wrong then. I just do t want her to get hurt :( he seems pretty immature though.

forgetmenot75
Theres a chance this guy likes the OP, but is assuming SHE isnt interested because shes not putting her foot out there.

Nah... He is aware of her feelings, she's been acting awkward lately, the guy may be immature but he's no fool. From my point of view, he is not interested. Did he ask you whether your single or not? Is he showing interest in getting to know you better? Mmmm

• Author

I realize that he is inexperienced with girls, but he is so confident at work it makes me wonder. I know he won't make a move for whatever reason. It is exhausting going to work when hes there because I am taking notice of everything he does. And sometimes when I look at him he looks too much like a boy... I'm not gonna do anything else unless we work together again. Big punctuation there . Thanks again for your help.

• Author

ha..ha.... if things were going poorly before they're definately mega awkward now, thanks to my splendid ignoring skills.. I think I'd be fine had we not taken the same bus.. followed him to the bus today, he let me have the bench for myself, he stood in the rain with his back to me.. Things are so awkward that I don't care if he likes me or not I'd just much rather have him smile again and say good morning etc like before.. I so felt like tapping him on his shoulder tho and give him a kiss, in the rain, I don't think he'd push me away anyway.. and it couldn't possibly be more awkward, I think he took offence last time we were there because he prolly expected me to sit next to him and talk but I was not in a good mood, and I felt like he was mocking me a bit but that don't seem to be the case, I prolly have no reason to not be in a good mood

• 1 year later...
  • Author

wow.. it's been a year since all this "happened". I can hardly make out what I've been intending with my words - in these posts - seem to have been utterly distressed when writing them. Anyway: I returned to the same workplace over the summer, hesitating as I knew he would still be there. But I returned anyway, nervous going back. We have not had many close encounters during this short period but we do not greet eachother in the hallways, or look at eachother. Complete ignorance. It's still awkward and yes I do still think about this. However, not feeling the same way about him, I can go near him though we don't talk. His older friend is also still there and he is if possible, even more remote. I'm just sad that I let it have such a crazy negative impact on me, which I'm still puzzled by: One of the last days I saw him I was really angry and approached him outside of work. I told him that I don't bite and asked him if he was avoiding me.. he said no. Then I just turned my back (did not say anything) walked away and he stood there with big eyes watching me go. It was my only way of making some type of (last) contact I guess. :confused:

Edited by Similar