Women who would you rather date: 10 years older or 10 years younger?

Eternal Sunshine

10 years older. I'd date 15 years older even, but only 2-4 years younger.

I'd feel weird dating a 24 year old boy, like I was being manipulative or something. It wouldn't be fair, IMO, as I could easily control such a young boy, even if I wasn't doing it on purpose. Is this why men like young women? ;)

• Like 1

10 years younger. Not gonna lie.

(OK now I know a few of my female LS friends are sensitive about this sort of thing. Ladies, don't get upset with my answer. I actually would prefer to date someone closer to my age, and my experience has been that if I am attracted to a woman when she is 25 I will be attracted to the 40-year-old version of that woman.)

mesmerized
10 years older. I'd date 15 years older even, but only 2-4 years younger.

I'd feel weird dating a 24 year old boy, like I was being manipulative or something. It wouldn't be fair, IMO, as I could easily control such a young boy, even if I wasn't doing it on purpose. Is this why men like young women? ;)

Isn't your boyfriend younger?

If I had to choose, I'd date 10 years older. Ideally the man I end up with will be less than five years older than me. I have no issue dating younger but I don't like the crap labels I might get for dating younger. Most men are too close minded and selfish for seriously dating an older woman. I'd bang a hot younger man though, chances are I look younger than them anyway!

• Like 2
Isn't your boyfriend younger?

If I had to choose, I'd date 10 years older. Ideally the man I end up with will be less than five years older than me. I have no issue dating younger but I don't like the crap labels I might get for dating younger. Most men are too close minded and selfish for seriously dating an older woman. I'd bang a hot younger man though, chances are I look younger than them anyway!

He's a year younger (a year and a half, actually) and it's the first time I've dated anyone younger. In some ways, because of his life experiences, he's more mature than I am.

The small age difference is really no difference. He jokes about me being older and I joke about the fact that people always think I'm younger than him. I think it's starting to upset him though because he asked me the other night if he really looks that much older than me. :laugh:

• Like 2
mesmerized
He's a year younger (a year and a half, actually) and it's the first time I've dated anyone younger. In some ways, because of his life experiences, he's more mature than I am.

The small age difference is really no difference. He jokes about me being older and I joke about the fact that people always think I'm younger than him. I think it's starting to upset him though because he asked me the other night if he really looks that much older than me. :laugh:

Haha. I was recently dating a guy who was only a couple years older than me but looked even older. Its a sensitive subject for him too and I teased him a few times. He wasn't happy about it lol

Haha. I was recently dating a guy who was only a couple years older than me but looked even older. Its a sensitive subject for him too and I teased him a few times. He wasn't happy about it lol

Funny how they see it as their looking older as opposed to your looking younger

• Like 1
rocketman122

prefer older as I feel much more comfortable around older women. there are women at my work who are in their early 20's who are interested but I dont feel comfortable around them. I dont think fantasize about it but I feel too weird. my good friend says its because im an old **** who has no confidence. haha

what the hell would I do with her besides sex? theyre into kiddy stuff and those small things doesnt do it for me anymore. ive been through a lot in life, been around the world and I dont feel intellectually I could have a good conversation with her. theyre into partying, going out all the time. and im passed that. I like dancing a lot but I go to different clubs, different types of restaurant. its a different level. sex is only a certain part of it. and I also dont feel like teaching someone in bed.

Edited by rocketman122
  • Like 1

When I was 45, I had a 2 1/2 year live-in relationship with a 35-year old man.

NEVER AGAIN.

rocketman122
Younger than 10 years is quite early age..

age is only a number (most of the time) but the problem is different mindsets. my friend who was a pro BB is 49. he has a child with a women hes in a relationship with who's 27. you can see there is a different mindset. he doesnt act like an old fart who stays at home and goes to sleep at 9pm. hes open minded, likes to go out, stays active, very youthful but simply they are not the same mindset.

I dated a 60YO. smoking hot piece o' AZZ but we had different mindsets. we were on different levels. only 2 weeks and I had to stop it cause I felt with certain things she would say, that I was dating a grandma. and there are some good looking GILF's, it didnt turn me on.

I know also there are women who I dated who are self conscious when we were out in public because I look much younger than them.

since ive been BB I actually look more mature than before. I never got more than 30YO by anyone before starting about 2 years ago. because of BB, my body got wider and my jawline more structured and neck thicker that people now tell me 34 or so. never any older. when I say 41, I always get the "oh really" so I dont look my age and they look their age haha (most times) and they feel very weird. but they learn to accept it.

• Author
Eternal Sunshine
age is only a number (most of the time) but the problem is different mindsets. my friend who was a pro BB is 49. he has a child with a women hes in a relationship with who's 27. you can see there is a different mindset. he doesnt act like an old fart who stays at home and goes to sleep at 9pm. hes open minded, likes to go out, stays active, very youthful but simply they are not the same mindset.

I dated a 60YO. smoking hot piece o' AZZ but we had different mindsets. we were on different levels. only 2 weeks and I had to stop it cause I felt with certain things she would say, that I was dating a grandma. and there are some good looking GILF's, it didnt turn me on.

I know also there are women who I dated who are self conscious when we were out in public because I look much younger than them.

since ive been BB I actually look more mature than before. I never got more than 30YO by anyone before starting about 2 years ago. because of BB, my body got wider and my jawline more structured and neck thicker that people now tell me 34 or so. never any older. when I say 41, I always get the "oh really" so I dont look my age and they look their age haha (most times) and they feel very weird. but they learn to accept it.

Wow you dated a 60yo and you are 41? I think it's great actually :)

• Like 1
Funny how they see it as their looking older as opposed to your looking younger

Last month, yet another guy adjusted his age down (it showed the change in age, on his birthday, and after a few days, he changed it back to 37). I've noticed other guys lying about their ages, too. One guy, last year, had himself as ten years younger, and then finally admitted his real age.

I've found that, at least on online dating sites, a lot of men are more sensitive about their age than women are.

Nothing wrong with lying about your age but at least look like that lie in person and in your photos. Don't say you are 49 and show up toothless and bald, hunched over, walking with a cane which you use to whack those young whippersnappers, yelling, "Get off of my lawn!"

Rocketman has given me the courage to drop the age for my future dates to twenty years younger instead of just fifteen years younger. :cool:

• Like 1

I know I'm a dude, but...anyways...

My most recent ex was 12 years younger. Mistake. Bad. Bad. Bad. And honestly physically, I find the most attractive women are around my age (I'm 40). At the end of the day it really doesn't matter though. If I connect with them intellectually - I'm in.

And FYI - I've been a curmudgeon since I was 12. Age has nothing to do with cranky and boring...