Dating? Leading to something more? FWB?

• Author
So I read all of your posts and I have no idea why you think this is a casual thing.

Everything screams "relationship."

It just looks like the only thing you guys haven't done is "the talk." So next time you seem him, bring it up.

And please don't play any fake "I'm not available" games.

Ugh. I hope I didn't ruin anything by saying anything. And yes, that's pretty much all that hasn't happened. The dreaded "talk." I'm not sure how to navigate. Do I let him initiate? Do I? You say to bring it up, but does that come off as me chasing him or trying to pressure him into something? The last thing I want to do is come off like I'm trying to bag him into a relationship immediately. I'm not.

Ariiiteee ariiiiteeeee no fake "I'm not available" games. :p

SoulJazzBlues

Relax!

5 weeks is definitely NOT the time to bring up any time of commitment or exclusivity talk.

What kind of topics do you discuss? Does he ask you about yourself, your life etc. Have you met his friends? Has he met yours?

Actions speak louder than words. You need to get out of your head and not scare him off.

Star Gazer

Multiple dates, 5 weeks, sex gets involved, agreement that casual sex/booty call isn't on the menu, and he's recently started engaging in "couple behavior."

I'm failing to see what's wrong here? This is how all of my LTRs have evolved. :confused:

• Like 2

Two options:

1) Pull back, wait for him to come to you asking for an explanation. Then explain about how you're uncomfortable with no DTR. Assess for response.

2) Call him out on it (nicely). Assess for response.

Don't go into a freak-out mode alone. You're gonna start over-analyzing every little thing looking for clues and it's going to make you paranoid. Then he's going to think you're being weird.

sweetheart5381

It honestly doesn't sound like FWB to me. FWB is a different animal and you guys are actually going out on dates regularly.

I would vocalize your feelings with him asap to ensure you don't end up on a dead-end street. I don't think its too soon to talk to him about being exclusive, in fact my man and I agreed to it before sex and we became bf and gf shortly thereafter.