Do some girls like healthy level of possessiveness?

Phantom888

Someone is making a lot of threads lately:lmao:

It is obvious you like to talk about your new relationship a lot. It shows how much you're into her:D

Anyways. I am EXACTLY like your girlfriend.

I learnt through my most recent failed relationship that yes, I like signs that they care if I am around dudes they do not know. They want to know who they are and they feel a tiny jolt at the notion of me being around a guy.

So long as that is all it is; not full blown JEALOUSY.

What I liked: He took an INTEREST if I were to hang out with a make friend. He would be a bit like:

Idiot ex: ring ring. Hello Leigh 87

Leigh 87: hello. I am just hanging out with a friend.

him: what friend?

Leigh 87: some dude, I met him a few weeks ago at college, we are just having lunch at subway. Don't worry, you know I only want you, silly boy.

him: grrr. ( he would literally say "grr" ). Okay then.... Well you know that a part of me hates you hanging out with guys, but I love you and I trust you. Have a nice day.

He would never mention it again. Unless I started hanging out with a said guy a lot of the time, which only happened once. Even then, he just mentioned that " he noticed I was hanging out with him a lot. It is annoying you can't hang out with your female friends but oh well. I trust you".

Making mention of the fact I hang around guys, or that he did not feel comfortable with me having exes on facebook, made me feel good, although it IS too possessive to most people.

I am different lol, to more secure women on here. Who thought your facebook request was over the top.

I like guys to treat me very well daily, and make it known that they are into me and they adore me. Therefore I guess I enjoy validation more than more level headed and secure people on here, who will tell you that they want their guys to be TOTALLY cool and unreactive to the fact that they hang with other dudes.

I like a guy that takes charge in the bedroom, that's kinda hot. But telling me to take ex boyfriends off facebook doesn't really do much for me. I think all women like to some extent when her bf is proud and happy to be with her, but I don't really want to be claimed, so to speak.

Sounds to me your GF has submissive tendencies and she's hoping her praise will drop the hint. Spank her and pull her hair in bed, bet my life she will love it. Yes, it's normal, the majority of women have submissive fantasies about sex and dynamics. It frustrates most women that guys do not understand this because they are mislead by the culture about what women want...

Don't believe? Look up the most common sexual fantasies of women...

Yeah, I have to say that's true in my case.....but I hate to be told what to do anywhere besides the bedroom

JourneyLady

Ex-bf supposedly (never tested it out) did not care if I had close male friends that I kept in touch with. Since he had a lot of female friends, it tended to make me think he wasn't that much into me and over time pretty much had the effect of me wondering if he deliberately sabotaged the relationship several times...

Because it felt like, if it doesn't matter that I hang out with other guys then it feels like a "I can take you or leave you" situation. I don't feel too secure with that attitude.

• Like 1
charlietheginger

Why were you looking at her facebook friends?

Why do you care she has a ex or two on facebook

On my fb i have girls i had previous romance with

10 15 yrs ago... They have kids and are married

I think it's pretty silly possessiveness, jealousy,insecurity

Issues.

I think the OP sounds very insecure about himself

So insecure he prob ask after sex " im the best right"

"is my penis big enough".

In stores "why were you looking at that guy"

"who called you and why"

Imo it will only be a matter of time she dumps gum

starrynightz45

HEALTHY levels - YES. I admit it. And it's not an insecurity thing.

I like it when my guy puts his arm around me in publc, guides me through crowds, holds me close, etc and kind of lets me and others know that I'm "his girl."

Yes, some of us like it when a guy firmly lets you know that you're "his girl." Women like to feel protected + cared for - and that's what you're doing when you're expressing that you're bothered by the other men on her profile. To some it might not be so great, but I can see it being a turn on to a lot of women.

Also, most women like an assertive man. Not rude, not brutish, not aggressive - but assertive. It really depends on the woman, but personally, I like it when a guy wants to take the lead. So it all depends.

in_absentia

This would be a turn off for me. I'm extremely sexually submissive at times and I love that whole side of BDSM, but in day to day life it would put me off, if a guy had an issue with one particular significant ex and had a decent reason I would happily consider his feelings and no doubt delete the guy, but to expect ALL friends who I'd once dated or slept with to be removed from my facebook (and, I assume, life) would be really bizarre and unacceptable. It's the kind of thing I would have asked a boyfriend in my teens, I'm in my twenties now!

Having a mature relationship is about recognising that everyone has pasts and we all have people in our lives who at one time or another may have meant more than they do now. I have a few male friends I slept with when I first became single although feelings never got involved and I haven't had anything to do with them in that respect for half a year, if my new boyfriend decided I couldn't maintain those friendships I would stand my ground, I think.

miss_jaclynrae

You both sound "stunted".As in I am getting the sense that even though you both are older, you guys are still stuck in a young mindset.

It's not bad, but I definitely have no idea where either of you are coming from and for me it sounds like you both are insane. Lol

I guess it works for you guys. My answer? Yeah, it's nice for a guy to show he is a little possessive. It doesn't make me "wet" though. (Disgusting, I seriously can't believe she said that."

I also don't put up with a guy being so possessive that he needs to make requests of me. Hearing my guy joke about me being his Is different than him saying "delete all your exes, you are mine! Arggggg!!!"

Especially after such a short time dating. Bleh.