What do you think of this article?? "Trapping" men into pregnancy

• Author
ImperfectionisBeauty
I think that's a bit over the top. I don't know the exact details but I can't imagine it costing more than 20-30,000. That's a bit pricy, but not really. And it's a hell of a lot less than paying child support for 18 years. If you're living with parents a years salary should comfortably cover that. I have literally no expenses apart from my car so I'm sure you could easily save up or get your parents to help you.

Or would it be easier to just trap a guy?

The idea of doing it all alone kinda sucks

And 12,000 is a lot lol

The idea of doing it all alone kinda sucks

And 12,000 is a lot lol

Have you ANY IDEA how much bringing up kids costs? :lmao:

• Author
ImperfectionisBeauty
Have you ANY IDEA how much bringing up kids costs? :lmao:

I know it's a lot but that's over 18 years not all in 1-2 months

It's very naive for a man to put that kind of faith in some pharmaceutical and/or another person. If the man is willing have sex, he's needs to be willing to take responsibility for what may result. Some guys are so stupid about BC and pregnancy. They need to smarten up and take some responsibility. If he doesn't want a child, HE needs to wear a condom or not have sex.

• Like 1
It's very naive for a man to put that kind of faith in some pharmaceutical and/or another person. If the man is willing have sex, he's needs to be willing to take responsibility for what may result. Some guys are so stupid about BC and pregnancy. They need to smarten up and take some responsibility. If he doesn't want a child, HE needs to wear a condom or not have sex.

This only applies to accidental pregnancies, not purposeful and dishonest ones. What you're saying is akin to claiming that the woman deserved to be raped because she invited a guy she was on a date with into her home... :eek:

Condoms in perfect use are only 98% effective at preventing pregnancy. Normal use that effective rate drops considerably.

• Author
ImperfectionisBeauty
And you think that "trapping" a guy means he's going to do it with you? The only thing getting you pregnant makes him actually responsible for is paying support. He could walk away and never say another word to you again... and he'd be justified.... and then you're doing it alone anyway

That would suck

• Author
ImperfectionisBeauty
Condoms in perfect use are only 98% effective at preventing pregnancy. Normal use that effective rate drops considerably.

How do you misuse a condom?? I mean putting them on correctly isn't rocket science

This only applies to accidental pregnancies, not purposeful and dishonest ones. What you're saying is akin to claiming that the woman deserved to be raped because she invited a guy she was on a date with into her home... :eek:

What I'm saying involves two consenting adults. It's nothing like rape. :eek:

How do you misuse a condom?? I mean putting them on correctly isn't rocket science

You've just completed your undergrad degree, did you take a course to teach you the most basic quantitative analysis? Statistics maybe?

Last I checked, the guy isn't consenting to being lied to.

Obviously, if he knows she's not taking BC and they're having unprotected sex, it would be consensual. Otherwise, you're blaming the victim.

Therein lies a problem though. Frequently men believe that their sexual partner understands the instructions for effective use of the contraceptive. Often the woman lacks understanding, isn't compliant and may ethically believe she's telling the truth.

Condoms can tear easily especially depending on how rigorous the activity is.

Product reliability is excellent - it's the human factor that causes the effective rate to decline.

Therein lies a problem though. Frequently men believe that their sexual partner understands the instructions for effective use of the contraceptive. Often the woman lacks understanding, isn't compliant and may ethically believe she's telling the truth.

Yes, but intent matters. Poking a hole in a condom secretly or purposefully using expired ones, for example, would be different from accidentally tearing, even if the result ends up being the same.

In the end, though, I doubt that any morality argument will sway the OP. Hopefully she just takes our word for it that her trying this would almost inevitably result in her being a single mom, with or without child support.

• Like 2
sillyanswer

Not rocket science, but every box I've ever bought came with a long list of instructions. Have a read sometime!

A few examples of misuse spring to mind:

• Inappropriate storage of condom.
  • Not putting it on soon enough.
  • Trying to put it on inside out and then turning it over to try again.
  • Not squeezing the air bubble out of the teat end.
  • Not rolling it right down to the base of the penis.
  • Not withdrawing "immediately" after sex.

I'm sure there are many more.

Oh, and this one always cracks me up:

• Do not reuse a condom.

• Like 1
amaysngrace
It's pathetic and selfish.

I can't imagine being that desperate. "Trapping" someone. Now you have a baby and someone who feels forced to be with you and think you'll have a happy life? It's delusional if you ask me.

The best relationships are those in which both partners choose each other fully and want to be there. Even good relationships can be strained by kids and stress, so I cannot imagine how lonely some women feel who are with a man just because they had a baby with him and he only stayed for that reason smh. It will even less likely work out and be a happy, fulfilling relationship.

No thanks!

My exH trapped my pregnant and while I'm glad he did because I love my children, I'm just as glad that I divorced him.

• Like 1
I know it's a lot but that's over 18 years not all in 1-2 months

No ones saying you have to have it now lol. If that's your goal then it shouldn't be too hard to save up. Some people save for a new car, you can save up for this, or get a loan. Most cars are well beyond $12,000 too. Besides you'll need money to raise your kids. Unless you start using food stamps... but based on your previous threads surely you would never stoop to that level?

• Like 1

What you said is quite wrong. There was a thread recently where a guy slipped anortion pills into his gfs food and drink. He was blasted on these forums (rightly so) and is facing a murder charge. What IIB is proposing is pretty much the same thing. Taking away someone's control over their reproductive rights.

• Like 2
amaysngrace
Hopefully she just takes our word for it that her trying this would almost inevitably result in her being a single mom, with or without child support.

Personally I think that someone who shows such careless disregard for others would have a tough time proving that they are the more fit parent when it comes time for that.

So she may end up being the non-custodial parent, see her kids on weekends and every other holiday, and end up paying the guy child support.

If she reduces a person to only being a sperm donor do you really think that this is the only way that she'll mistreat a partner? I highly doubt that.

So she can try and manipulate others and take advantage of people as much as she wants but I can almost guarantee that it will backfire on her.

And it will ultimately be that "baby" who pays the price. :mad:

• Like 4
What you said is quite wrong. There was a thread recently where a guy slipped anortion pills into his gfs food and drink. He was blasted on these forums (rightly so) and is facing a murder charge. What IIB is proposing is pretty much the same thing. Taking away someone's control over their reproductive rights.

This ^ is not comparable to what I said.

I said guys should wrap it up if they want to prevent pregnancy. How is it not the man's fault too if he doesn't use a condom? Because he chooses to trust some woman who said she was on BC because he wants to go bareback?

My advice to men: grow up and use a condom.

• Like 1

I said guys should wrap it up if they want to prevent pregnancy. How is it not the man's fault too if he doesn't use a condom? Because he chooses to trust some woman who said she was on BC because he wants to go bareback?

Nobody is saying that men shouldn't use condoms. People are saying that it's wrong to deceive someone the way the OP wrote about, especially with regards to something with such enormous consequences. Sure, there are plenty of things the victim can do to reduce the risk, but it doesn't excuse anything.

By trickery that also includes tampering with condoms (putting holes in them when he isn't looking etc). It happens, and its scummy. That's something you can't avoid as a man.

And besides, if a woman in a relationship says she's using BC so they dont get pregnant but secretly isn't in order to fool her boyfriend, how is that different to the guy in that aforementioned story saying: "Here, take this drink, it totally doesn't have any abortion pills in it"? It's deceit in both cases.

Edit: it's not directly comparable obviously as one involves the death of a fetus but like I said, they're both examples of having your reproductive rights taken away.

• Like 1
Nobody is saying that men shouldn't use condoms. People are saying that it's wrong to deceive someone the way the OP wrote about, especially with regards to something with such enormous consequences. Sure, there are plenty of things the victim can do to reduce the risk, but it doesn't excuse anything.

Of course it's wrong to deceive someone. I'm not defending women who lie about being on BC.

Men aren't the victims here though. They are willing participates in an activity that could cause pregnancy without taking all the necessary precautions. Leaving something that could significantly affect your life up to another individual is foolish.

By trickery that also includes tampering with condoms (putting holes in them when he isn't looking etc). It happens, and its scummy. That's something you can't avoid as a man.

And besides, if a woman in a relationship says she's using BC so they dont get pregnant but secretly isn't in order to fool her boyfriend, how is that different to the guy in that aforementioned story saying: "Here, take this drink, it totally doesn't have any abortion pills in it"? It's deceit in both cases.

Edit: it's not directly comparable obviously as one involves the death of a fetus but like I said, they're both examples of having your reproductive rights taken away.

It's different because he is willingly participating in an activity that he knows could cause pregnancy. She doesn't know that drinking from the cup he handed her could kill her unborn child.

• Like 1