Aftermath of dating someone with BPD

theLWord

M30,

STBXWW not only drove the BUS over me in false accusations-she bought Greyhound!

I can't tell you how many times she did some sort of Jedi mind trick on me and caused me to think I had just hallucinated what just happened in front of my own eyes!

In Feb,2010 she hit me and I called the cops, they came and she had left already.When I told them she had hit me and I was going to press charges,they told me to go to the magistrate and file charges.

Before I could get out of the yard another cop showed up and took me away for mental evaluation! STBXWW told them (as I was here with one cop,she was already at the magistrate's office filing a commitment order-on me) she wanted me "checked out".This was because I had told her that after 15 years of this I was divorcing her and taking full custody of then DD12.This caused her to paint me black and away we go.

Long story short-they kept me there for days and she wiped out every account and took every dime I had in savings.I still took her back!!! This was the second time she pulled a wayward move.The next time (3rd) was last August and it will be the last!

I was sort of ready for it this time.My mind was made up that I would have to be strong and not cave in this time....so far so good!

Sooooo,I know how you feel-unfortunately.

REVITUP

M30,

STBXWW not only drove the BUS over me in false accusations-she bought Greyhound!

I can't tell you how many times she did some sort of Jedi mind trick on me and caused me to think I had just hallucinated what just happened in front of my own eyes!

In Feb,2010 she hit me and I called the cops, they came and she had left already.When I told them she had hit me and I was going to press charges,they told me to go to the magistrate and file charges.

Before I could get out of the yard another cop showed up and took me away for mental evaluation! STBXWW told them (as I was here with one cop,she was already at the magistrate's office filing a commitment order-on me) she wanted me "checked out".This was because I had told her that after 15 years of this I was divorcing her and taking full custody of then DD12.This caused her to paint me black and away we go.

Long story short-they kept me there for days and she wiped out every account and took every dime I had in savings.I still took her back!!! This was the second time she pulled a wayward move.The next time (3rd) was last August and it will be the last!

I was sort of ready for it this time.My mind was made up that I would have to be strong and not cave in this time....so far so good!

Sooooo,I know how you feel-unfortunately.

REVITUP

I think what adds insult to injury is that, in most cases, the family of BPDers paint you black as well. Even her dad said he was "disappointed" in me during court, yet interestingly he couldn't name a single reason why. Maybe he just said this because he HAD to otherwise his BPD daughter would have turned on him.

• Like 1
I think what adds insult to injury is that, in most cases, the family of BPDers paint you black as well. Even her dad said he was "disappointed" in me during court, yet interestingly he couldn't name a single reason why. Maybe he just said this because he HAD to otherwise his BPD daughter would have turned on him.

Exactly,the entire family behaves in a secretive and almost fearful way toward the QUEENs in it.They all know ...You better not Pizz Off so and so or she will.....?

STBXWW's stepdad was a hard working and likable man,he was also a doormat and died that way last August.I refused to be that way.

Did you guys ever get the old "You're a grown man" stuff ? What I mean is,you would ask for assistance in an area you needed help-maybe just if they would mind going to the post office or making a call for you while you slaved the day away to make money to support them and they said "you're a grown man-do it yourself"! I did and it made me feel stupid for asking!

REVITUP

• Like 1

Oh yeah, no facts whatsoever when you question their mind games.I would get something like "you are ALWAYS working" or "you ALWAYS hold me back" or "you NEVER allow me to do this or that" or "you're ALWAYS here at home".

When you ask "how do you mean" that causes a hockey storm all over your rear end.I would get "let's not talk about that and cause an argument".How do you mean is evidently a bad question with these people.

REVITUP

• Like 1

L- I'm sorry you went through all that.

Several mental illnesses in friends or potential dates send me running for the hills...bpd is one of them.

Often bpd people don't want to get better. ANYONE with a mental illness has no business drinking and if they are on medication, that is double the reason not to drink. In my experience bpd are often bad about taking their medications. They switch therapists a lot.

And as mentioned here already, they don't think anything they do or say is wrong, it's he rest of the world that is in the wrong.

Good luck to you.

• Like 1