"A" ending on a HIGH or ending on a LOW?

ScarlettKaren
Scarlett. Wouldn't that still be a high? If you didn't want to end and it was forced by a d day? You still have good memories of each other. You still wanted to be together?

Or is it a low because the memories you had together are now tainted by his having to disclose info? My fear he would share our emails. He promises to delete them if they were to be exposed. Honestly for her sake she should never know how close we became.

I don't consider it a high, because the last texts were cold. And I don't know what he thinks or feels or regrets at this point. I have only doubts about how he feels/felt.

I can assume he would still want to be together based upon the last day we spent together and the texts from earlier in that day. But d-day can play havoc with feelings.

You also bring out a good point, I don't know what he's had to share of ours. I doubt he's kept all the emails, but whatever he shared, I agree. She shouldn't know how close we were.

Low point/high point. I'm still not sure.

I guess mine would qualify as a low. One day we're planning on meeting, next day his BS sees the phone records and I was post haste, discarded, under the bus I went. This, is most likely the true scenario of affairs, in my time here on LS. Oh, you'll hear the oft told story where the OW snagged her beloved, more times than not, once the a is discovered, you're out. Good riddance too. I'd never again settle for a cheating man. For me, I'd never trust a man, in the long term, that was able to pull off a double life. Liars are a dime a dozen.

This right here, although change it to a woman, is what I need to remind myself.

My A ended on a crappy low note, and xmw did just that. We were busted and I told her my W figured it out. She said we'd still see each other, that she couldn't stop seeing me and then she basically did a 180 and I've been the forgotten dumba** ever since. At the time, even now, all I would have wanted was a bit of civility, a conversation like adults have, and despite the pain and hurt I could have dealt with it better.......or so I believe. Two years out from it now and I'm still tired of the ups and downs that went along with this God forsaken Affair.

findingnemo
We'd had multiple ddays and he made it clear he wasn't ending our R. I came to the point I was ready to. He didn't agree with me but it didn't matter to me.

I'm so glad that's how it ended for you FN. You always sound so healthy about things so I always enjoy your posts.

Thanks, Summer. I don't know about being healthy. I don't hate him, never could. I still love him but can't be with him. That has to be unhealthy.

Multiple d-days? That must have been difficult. I will read your old threads to learn more.

imperfectangel

I finally pulled the plug myself in February after what felt like forever in never hearing from him then he told me he couldn't use his phone as she checks it we never saw each other now there was basically no communication - what was the point?

I told him it was over and basically just got told to email in future not text. That slap on the wrist was the last I heard

• Like 1
Washingmachine1980

My ending was so awful. I am still having problems coming to terms with how someone could get so close to me and then throw me out like trash. I had been through so much when I met him. I was completely alone, my self-esteem and self-confidence were just shot. I had no support system from anybody when I met him. He made me so happy, told me how I made him happy. I started laughing again, enjoying life and going after goals that had been stolen from me. When he left me after DDay, thought I was going to die. My phone stopped ringing, the dates ended and I was alone all over again. Six months later I needed someone to help me as I has just been physically assaulted by my husband and in front of two of my kids. I realized at that point that I had no one. He was gone and probably wouldn't give a crap anyway. Wish I would have never met him so I wasn't hurting so much for so long.