skipping an important step.

StarsOnFire
I can understand if I was mean to her and treated her bad but I didn't I was good to her. Therefore I don't understand.

It doesn't have to make sense. But it is what it is. So you should try to work on accepting it, and moving forward.

mtnbiker3000
I can understand if I was mean to her and treated her bad but I didn't I was good to her. Therefore I don't understand.

You don't understand because it doesn't make sense!!! But, it is reality, and it sucks. Stick around here for a while and it might help you feel better because you are NOT alone!!!

• Author

Another thing I'm confused on is she told me she is friends with all of her exes. But she doesn't want to keep a friendship with me and completely removed me from her life. Why is this

BustedUpInside

I am going to share a harsh truth with you. It is going to hurt but it is important that you pay attention in order to save yourself weeks of needless grief.

You will NEVER understand why. No matter what she says, she will never be able to make you understand her decision. It is because it is the opposite of what you want. She could not give you an answer that you wouldn't have a counterargument for.

You can't look to her for answers anymore. You have to look to yourself. What you need to realize is that why she broke up with you doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if she regrets it, it doesn't matter if she is seeing someone else. Her feelings, reasons, etc DO NOT matter anymore. You are not responsible for her welfare anymore.

You are the important one. Taking care of yourself is your top priority. Getting back on track and healing from this breakup take precedence over whatever drama she keeps trying to suck you back into.

Just think about it this way. She is worrying about herself. Her new/old/ex boyfriend is worrying about her. You are worrying about her. Who is worrying about you? Who is making sure that you are doing ok? That should be you!

Just cut her off for awhile. It is hard to do, but only at first. After awhile you will realize just how toxic it was for you to be trapped by her selfish actions and you will be happier because you will have much less stress to deal with.

You can do it! Stay strong and stay away from her :)

• Like 3
Hockeyguy19
Another thing I'm confused on is she told me she is friends with all of her exes. But she doesn't want to keep a friendship with me and completely removed me from her life. Why is this

Why does it matter?

• Author

Your right. I just need to move on. Take it one step at a time. This breakup wasn't my fault. Why am I driving myself crazy over someone that doesn't even care about me.

• Like 3
  • Author

Thanks everyone for all the support. This truly is a tragic time. I think it's worst when you are left without a reason.

Thanks everyone for all the support. This truly is a tragic time. I think it's worst when you are left without a reason.

Yes it is.

You won't believe it now... but some day, you will leave somebody and not be able to provide a reason either. you will just want to be on your own.

It is only then that you really understand. It hurts on either side of the fence.

Unfortunately, when you're caught unaware, it just naturally hurts more because you have to process it out of nowhere.

It is what it is.

• Like 2
  • Author

She told me I just need time to work on myself. Then she goes with her ex. So messed up

Hockeyguy19
She told me I just need time to work on myself. Then she goes with her ex. So messed up

Heed the advice, work on you, but do it for yourself, no one else. Live life to the fullest, don't take it for granted. Your going to be okay.

metal_chick
No timeline? So is it still ok after 10 months??

When you obsess over your ex and won't let it go, the grief process can be infinite. You should be making SOME progress though...

• Like 1

Bet she gave him the same advice when they broke up, he listened to her, and looky there...

Seriously, you have to let it go. It's hard, I know.

• Like 1
metal_chick

Well, kameron, looks like everyone on here has given you some stellar advice, it's time to put it into practice. If you learn good post-breakup skills now, they will serve you well in the long run.

And the email wasn't necessary. It was chock full of lies anyway. Silence through No Contact says more than any email could. It says "I'm too good for you. For this. I deserve better." Remember that. EVERYONE, remember that when you're tempted to break NC!

• Like 4
  • Author

So I deleted my fb. Just for a while. And I blocked and deleted her number. I'm Starting to feel a little better knowing all forms of communication are gone.

• Like 1
  • Author

It just sucks that when I try to forget about her all it takes is one tiny memory to break my heart all over agiain.

metal_chick
It just sucks that when I try to forget about her all it takes is one tiny memory to break my heart all over agiain.

That's pretty normal. It's important to fill your time with activities. Look after yourself with exercise and healthy food. Pick a mind exercise to occupy your brain - I'm learning the guitar and doing a lot of reading. Go out with friends. If you don't have friends, to to Meetup.com and make some new ones.

Again... learn good habits now. Don't be one of those people wallowing 12 months later, still trying to analyse their ex's behaviour. If you need a cliche to live by - "The best revenge is living well." So do it.

• Like 2
Hockeyguy19
So I deleted my fb. Just for a while. And I blocked and deleted her number. I'm Starting to feel a little better knowing all forms of communication are gone.

Great start man, stick with it, you'll feel a million times better, this I promise.

• Like 2