Guys, what goes around in your mind?

Maybe cuz I was testing his love for me?

Well, I appreciate your comments anyway!! :)

Testing? A stupid thing to do. A RS is not a car or a bridge that you can test. Keep away from people who think they can test you or the RS with you.

Also, you're both pretty young. That explains the mutual moodiness and other difficulties in your RS. The Arab temper hardly helps when your mad at each other, I'm qualified to comment on that bc I dealt with Arab girls myself.

Muslim or not, people lie and deceive, more than you can imagine, until it happens to you. I know Muslims who drink, cheat and do everything god forbade, just like anyone else.

I'm glad you found this place. You'll learn a lot here, if you don't shy away from hearing offending opinions :)

Okay so tell me one thing.. Why are you being like this? Lemme tell you short..

I bet I look better than you btw :) And I get asked out a lot.. Not to brag.. but this is true.. I don't think even Rihanna has 100% self confidence.

You just made me sound like an emo girl. I have a work and I study and I go to parties and I play soccer and I have fun and I travel. Were you expecting that? We're living in 2013. Doesn't mean if I love someone online then I'm an ugly fatass. Since you don't know me, don't talk about me.

It's my first time on this site.. And thought I'd ask a question.. I respect your answer that didn't really make any sense with what I really wanna know.

Huh? You said in your original post that you were insecure about your looks but that he accepted you anyway.

"and I don't even have so great self-confidence when it comes to my body, especially not when I know he's so sexy..but he loves me the way I am. God.."

Now you don't really know my situation 100%. Im 20!

And I have talked to his mom even.. And he has shown me pics of his family and friends and everything.. that's not the matter. He's just like that.

he's not a stranger btw..

Thanks for your comments anyway! :)

Have you video chatted live with him? That is very important. I can't stress how important this is. I was in a similar relationship when I had just turned 18 and she only showed me pics and errr...ummm... look just ask for a video chat if you haven't already!!

Oh, stop saying these things. It IS possible to love someone you never met, I know and speak from experience. My friend had a four year relationship with her ldr boyfriend, they finally met up and are married. Love isn't about physical touching, it's about mentality. I been in ldr and irl relationships and frankly they both feel the same way, you only lack the physical part of it.

So instead of bringing this girl down with your critics, maybe you should help her from what she wrote. *sigh*

• Like 2
  • Author
I would go to one of the Muslim forums and ask your question.

I have a bunch of Muslim neighbors and colleagues who discuss their marriage, engagement and matchmaking experiences.

If you are a Muslim I would go to the forum and listen to some advice of American Muslimahs and any Saudi girls if you can manage.

If you are Lebanese or some other Arab nationality other than KSA, you might want to check in with those folks too. I've heard some stories about cultural clashes, specifically with negative perceptions of Lebanese girls in the eyes of very conservative gulf Muslims.

If he can't talk to you on Skype, that should be a big red flag. But if you talk to him on the phone and have talked to his mother on the phone...not as much.

If you want my honest opinion---He is probably just looking for a girl to talk to and get to know before marrying a Saudi girl his relatives introduce him to.

He could also be a catfish, but that is less likely if you talked to his mom.

I don't see why you couldn't find an Arab-Muslim guy here in the U.S. there are a huge number.

Lastly, if you are an Arab non-Muslim, I will tell you are making a HUGE, HUGE mistake which you will almost certainly regret and do not be surprised if you find yourself divorced within 4 years of marrying.

First of all, I am muslim too. But I am more of a modern muslim you can say. Pretty free and open minded. And he is too. Even though he lives in KSA. But he was born in the US. But why would he want a girl just to talk to? He used to have many girl friends. But since I am a jealous girl, he stoped talkin to them. And I don't live in the US :) Plus, I'm not desperate after finding a man. But now I talked to this guy and everything changed. I love him alot. None of his actions and way of talkin shows me he just wants me for fun.. Plus, not all Saudi guys are like that.. lol He can get any girl at any time.. But he still wants me. And we are planning to meet by the end of this year in Dubai.

I don't think the Muslim forums will help me so much, they will firstly start off by saying it's not legal to have a "relationship" before you're married or something..

I appreciate your comment :) Thanks!

• Author
Oh, stop saying these things. It IS possible to love someone you never met, I know and speak from experience. My friend had a four year relationship with her ldr boyfriend, they finally met up and are married. Love isn't about physical touching, it's about mentality. I been in ldr and irl relationships and frankly they both feel the same way, you only lack the physical part of it.

So instead of bringing this girl down with your critics, maybe you should help her from what she wrote. *sigh*

Thanks girl! Everything is possible. And if people tell me to not do it, it's not like I will not do it. This is my life, and I wanna experience both good things and bad things, because that will teach me a lot about life.. But I just wanted to know people's opinion on why he is acting hot and cold.. And the funny thing is, we have talked, and he told me he has being acting like that because it has been 2 years now and we haven't met yet, and he's afraid I'll get bored.

Thanks for your comment! :) Loved it!

• Author
Huh? You said in your original post that you were insecure about your looks but that he accepted you anyway.

"and I don't even have so great self-confidence when it comes to my body, especially not when I know he's so sexy..but he loves me the way I am. God.."

The funny part about you is that you're tryin to act like a smartass. I'd suggest you to not type anything at all than acting silly like that. :) Again I say, there's no one out there who has 100% self confidence. :)

justwhoiam

Anyway, lately, he has been so cold. We don't txt so much.. We just talk about the usual stuff.. And that's it.. I'm afraid he's bored. I'm afraid he doesn't love me as much as he used to. Even though I must admit that he loved me more than I loved him in the beginning.

what should I do?!

Someone mentioned Catfish, the show. Here's a link: Catfish: The TV Show | Season 2 Full Episodes, Cast, Show Clips

Watch 2 or 3 episodes each day. And don't be sure about everything you know and sure all you know IS true. Watching that show will help you to get things in perspective about your "relationship". In a couple of episodes, the bf/gf even talk to the bf/gs's mother...

lol He can get any girl at any time..

Hard to believe. But he sure wants you to think so, that will put him in a very convenient position.

And we are planning to meet by the end of this year in Dubai.

Ok, hold your horses until that happened.

I don't think the Muslim forums will help me so much, they will firstly start off by saying it's not legal to have a "relationship" before you're married or something..

Wouldn't surprise me. When will people learn that religion is neither a valid nor a useful moral guide?