I really need advice...

Renee

Ok,here's what is going on.My

guy bestfriend is mad at me,he's saying that I'm trying to interfere on his current relationship.I haven't

said or done a thing.He used

me to try to make his girl

jealous and it back fired and

that's why he is mad.He's been

dressing and acting differently.Alot of people have been telling me about his

change and not to many are happy with it.He has let go of

his morals and doing things

he never said he would.And the

girl he's with,is a total fake.She's pretty from what I've been told in a fake way.

Her main point she always makes to her friends about him is he's rich.I really think she's with him only because of that reason.

She's lying about herself.She

told him she was a virgin,when

I her friends from her old highschool talk about what a

slut she used to be.I've been

away on military training and

it's my friends who have been

trying to talk to him,he's mad

about this and mad because he

was found out to be lying to

her.He was saying that he and

I have done things that we never did.It's just one big

messed up situation to which

he's blaming me with no right

to.He sent me this e-mail

last night:

I don't know what's going on either, and quite frankly I don't care. Your friends are driving me crazy, M***** is making things up. I don't care what's going on. I would really appreciate it if you and all your friends would just leave me alone. I'm tired of all this, and I wish it would just be over with. My girlfriend hasn't done anything or said anything, but believe me she is getting really annoyed with this whole thing, and so am I. As for not knowing about her, D**** you know better than that. I've been seeing her since February. Long before you even went into the army. Just please leave me alone. All I want is to get on with my life, and all this is driving me crazy. Please leave me alone, and tell your friends to do the same.

He's trying to make himself and her out to be the innocent ones when it has always been all them.I can

forgive him for it,we have been close for 8 years.I wish

he would see this girl for who

she really is.I want my old friend back.Can anyone help

me think of a way to do this.

Hi Renee,

This won't be the answer you're hoping for but I truly believe you need to step back and let your friend use his own judgement in this relationship.

Your responsibility as a friend is to speak the truth to him; you've fulfilled that responsibility. If you value the friendship you need to stop your interference immediately. Your friend has made it clear your meddling is not welcome. Respect his wishes or you will lose his friendship.