Am I being a jerk for saying no?

TaraMaiden

It's ok, I believe you...... ;)

I love you too.

Fancy a drink?

:D

• Like 1

In all honesty, I think this girl is flaky and a little scared. She wants her bro and his GF there for protection.

When I did OLD and even offline dating, I steered clear of women who lived too far. I had one ex who lived in a suburb on the other side of town. In terms of Chicago, that would mean an hour of driving...more if it's rush hour.

I'd meet women who live in suburbs 45-75 minutes away, and I'd simply pass. At that point in my life I preferred to be single and alone over driving insane distances to date. I'm always surprised when I'd see male colleagues willing to drive 3-4 hours to see a girl...YIKES!

If you really like this girl, then take a chance...but the fact she has to take the train to see you would tell me this distance thing is going to become a normal problem. This is like the problem I'd deal with long distance women and single moms. Just too much planning and never any spontaneity. Made me look closer to home.

• Author
In all honesty, I think this girl is flaky and a little scared. She wants her bro and his GF there for protection.

When I did OLD and even offline dating, I steered clear of women who lived too far. I had one ex who lived in a suburb on the other side of town. In terms of Chicago, that would mean an hour of driving...more if it's rush hour.

I'd meet women who live in suburbs 45-75 minutes away, and I'd simply pass. At that point in my life I preferred to be single and alone over driving insane distances to date. I'm always surprised when I'd see male colleagues willing to drive 3-4 hours to see a girl...YIKES!

If you really like this girl, then take a chance...but the fact she has to take the train to see you would tell me this distance thing is going to become a normal problem. This is like the problem I'd deal with long distance women and single moms. Just too much planning and never any spontaneity. Made me look closer to home.

shes in arlington hts

shes in arlington hts

And you're in Chicago I take it.

I dunno. I live near the NW border of the city, so I might try...but if I lived in Wrigleyville, Lincoln Park, Wicker Park, or even more South then it would be a trek.

I have one female friend who lives in Deerfield (Somewhat far North of Chicago), and she'll meet guys who live downtown. Unfortunately, she'll find it hard to date them because many don't own cars and thus she has to trek into town all the time.

City/Suburban dating isn't easy. When I met my fiancee she lived in Streeterville (downtown), so for me it was easier because she lived near my work and it wasn't a long drive from my home.

charlietheginger
I met this girl online about a week ago...we have been literally texting all day for 1 week now and have been getting along great. She lives in the suburbs and I live in the city. In my city there is A TON to do, in the burbs not so much.

Anyways we made plans for her to take the train down tonight and hang out go to dinner, get some drinks etc..and she has a friend that lives in the city so she was gonna crash there. So Im thinking all is good. Then about an hour ago i get a text from her:

" ok change of plans, can you come here instead?"

I was like..you want me to come to the burbs? I asked why. Her response " because its just way easier for me that way"

I asked what we will do there she said " hang out at my brothers house with him and his gf and order a pizza"

Now im not trying to be a d.ick but first time I meet a girl im really not trying to hang out with her brother and his gf watching movies and eating pizza. I get we never met and she might be scared/nervous to meet me, but to cancel last second like that is kinda rude IMO.

Is it mean of me to say I dont wanna go? Like I said I dont wanna drive 40 min to the burbs eat pizza then drive home.

Shoulda gone...

She does not know you and might be scared of ending

Up on a milk carton....

She also might be socially shy and feel comfortable around

Friends....