Why are white nerdy guys so into Asian women?

Roadkill007
"In just the past four decades, government data shows that the marriage rate in the country has dropped by over half, from 12 marriages per 1,000 total population in 1972, down to 5.7 in 2009.

Even in the supposedly more modern United States, the rate is higher, at an estimated 6.8 per 1,000 in 2009."

Marriage on the rocks | CNN Travel

" Research done by Goo Japan shows that the number of unmarried folks in Japan is on the increase. The percentage of unmarried men aged 25 - 29 has reached 70% compared to the 1950's where it was only 34%.

For unmarried women, this figure has gone from 15% in the 1950's to 59% in 2005. The number is lower due to there being more men than women in Japan - is that a global thing?"

Declining Marriage Rate in Japan

That last blurb was just to illustrate it is improbable more Japanese men will be married than Americans for the time being.

Well, as nations modernize, not only does divorce tend to rise (because it becomes more socially acceptable whereas otherwise you were stuck with your horrible spouse), but also child-spawning rates tend to fall. It's something you can see mirrored in the animal kingdom (talking solely about the child-spawning rates). The shorter-life spanned animals that are relatively simple, tend to breed in the hundreds at a time and don't raise their offspring, whereas the longer-life spanned animals that are also social and more complex tend to have fewer offspring, and also tend to raise their offspring for an extended period of their lifetime.

Similarly, as nations modernize, its peoples' lifespans generally increase, more complex social structures arise to meet new social needs and norms, and those complex social structures inhibit/discourage increased offspring production. This ofc is also taking into account the use of contraceptives and abortions that come with the modernization of a nation. Thus, while Japan and USA are similarly modernized, as the USA has more immigrants and generally poorer people coming in, our birth rate is still higher than the stale Japan that harshly limits immigration, and is a pretty homogenous society. Also, these effects are more readily seen/felt in more populated urban centers as opposed to rural areas, for obvious reasons.

on the OP, this thread reminded me of this hilarious youtube vid from back in 2005, called yellow fever. I think it was made by some students from UCSD or something :

The makers were mocking reactions like these that were coming from a lot of fellow yellow men, and as it's related to this topic, that's my contribution to this thread ;)

*edit* my gawd I'm reading through the youtube comments and I'm practically facepalming at every comment taking the things said in the video at face value. Gotta remind myself never to look at youtube comments.... Damn intellectual black hole, lol

Edited by Roadkill007
  • Like 1
This.

For many Asian women, dating a white man is "winning" in life. And so being white transcends all others qualities in a man.

For a white nerdy guy who has no other real prospects for dating and you stumble across the Asian girl who will open up her legs simply because you're white, then why the hell not?! :confused:

No, there is a very specific subset of Asian women who specifically prefer white men to any other men. Example being the sarong party girl. ;) They are usually looked upon with disdain by most other Asians, in a similar vein with prostitutes.

Interestingly, if they marry Asian men for money, it's considered acceptable.

Ah, culture. :o

You're only as attractive as what you can attract. If those white nerdy men are attracted to white women and can attract them, then they'll stick with the white women. If they can't attract them, then at least they have recourse.

Seems like a lot of posters in this thread have a very "poor" perception of Asian women and the White men who date them, more disdain on the Asian women's side.

It is not 'Asian woman" specific. The last aspect of outward racism is how people react when one of their girls next door goes with "the other".

In Black/White relationships you see the comments that the Black men are with the fattest ugliest White women. On the Asian side it is the prosti who is seen with the Westerner. Never mind the fact that the French, Spanish or whatever local colonial big wigs may also take the daughters of the local boss men out of the marriage pool.

With Asians in particular once they get to America with half, if not more by now marrying out of their parents ethnic group I don't know how anybody comes to any conclusions about the class, or lack there of is involved with a woman going with the "nerdy" White guy, who was by definition a high school loser but an adult winner, a Black guy, the boy next door from her ethnic group, or the high school football team captain of any ethnic group.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
BeholdtheMan

White nerds have a hard time attractive white women. Asian women are easier for them to attract thanks to all the positive images of white men promoted by Western media, which is very popular in Asia.