Abused 22 years, then he changed.

jennaflorrie

• Author
jennaflorrie
jenna, please understand that people like him don't - can't - change just because they want to. They need serious, long-term, professional mental help.

Sure. Of course. Its good that he acknowledges what harm he has done. He is trying to get on with his daughter. I am wary, naturally. He will stay right where he is. Trust has been broken too many times.

• Like 1
  • Author
jennaflorrie
During the holidays - did you spend it with your kids only or did you include him in your gathering?

Thankfully, that was easy.....I worked Christmas Eve night...he worked Christmas day and Boxing day - long days....so problem solved. I was very worried about it, but the shiftwork came in useful after all.

• Author
jennaflorrie

Shockingly....a friend of mine has separated from her husband. She was so supportive of me and was herself trapped in a miserable marriage. She didn't think her H would let her go, but before Christmas HE asked for a divorce. They are in the process of selling their home.

I think she has it a bit easier in a way. Her H wants a divorce. She wants out. It is more difficult in my situation where you H declares undying love for you and will not let go.

You're not a possession. It's not UP to him if he lets you go. The judge will make that clear to him.

And your actions can send him a clear message more than a judge.

Any holiday that comes - you can make it perfectly clear to him that he's not spending it anywhere near you.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Any update?

I'm wondering if you moved and are enforcing your personal boundaries to move forward in a positive and healthy manner for yourself?