Has anyone tried Wellbutrin?

• Author
dreamingoftigers
Is Dexedrine an upper? For ADD thinking ya it is...if so and I'm not being my usual space case self- be careful with uppers man...are they script?

Psychosis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I tripped when I read this awhile back....

I always thought psychosis was for those who abuse street drugs, and had no idea that legal drugs could cause this mess.

Take care gf...k...(((((((hugs))))))

LOL, of course they're script.

It just means the dealer has a white coat instead of a rap sheet, however.

And no, more mental health side effects etc come form regular prescribed pharma than street drug abuse (per capita).

It really is like playing chem lab with your body either way. That's why I hate it in general. That, and the damned constipation.

Two years ago my husband was prescribed Dexedrine, later Adderral and a combo with the Wellbutrin. His psychiatrist gave him a sky-high dose.

Then his addiction issues went through the ROOF. And he DIDN'T CARE.

He was on a MUCH HIGHER does than I am. I think close to quadruple. And that was with a very short adjustment period.

I know their is a wellbutrin xl thread around here. Not sure where.

<Moderation note: Merged with main thread>

Side effects?

I have chest tightness and pain, Does anyone else have this? Does it go away?

It been like three weeks. Its getting never annoying. I didn't experience this on other antidepressants.

Im thinking of pushing through it, but its hard to see it stop.

And with this side effect, its hard to see if its working...

Honestly, if you have chest pains talk to a doctor or head into emergency ASAP.

I guess ill post some history, I started Cipralex when I was 18. Changed my life/ no big side effects. Stayed on it, till now, so that would be 7 years. I would say to my therapist; this anti depressant is not working anymore, I would like a change a boost. Now I really wish I had just stayed on it.

I tried Prozac, big ticks and hyperactivity. On it for 30 days. Switched to Wellbutrin xl, 150.

Mood calmed down, but im still very nervous. Oh and the chest pain...gah. I really miss Cipralex now, and just want to go back to it... I never had side effects on it. But I jumped on the idea that since iv been on it so long it no longer works? Plus this genie pig feeling, ups and downs, iv never had. Diagnosed with plan old depression. Tired of this s h i t.

Advice?

Sigh.

If its just depression. try EMDR. It's a great therapy. Great for historical issues.

If I could afford more I would do it, pronto. :D

I started taking lexipro during the end of my marriage, supplemented by Xanax if I was feeling particularly homicidal or ovulating. Low doses of both. I loved it , no problem, it worked. Ive suffered from anxiety all my life and it made it much much more manageable .

After two years and a divorce I decided to switch To Welbtrin ( Im spelling these wrong) because I heard lexipro could make you gain weight. This didnt surprise me because it did make me seriously Love food. Just enjoy it more. So, I switched and lost the 7 pounds I had gained.

The Welbutrin made me insane with high anxiety almost immediately so I was prescribed some kind of drug to go along with it. Began with a B. it worked ok but I noticed I was reaching for the Xanax more frequently. But after I while ...I just didn't feel it worked as well as the lexipro. A year later I switched back.

Then I just weaned myself off everything. I'm fine, I'm not really anxious at all anymore. Thank god.

I still take Xanax if I'm going off the rails, but that's only one day a month.

• Like 1
all_cats_rgray

Honestly, if you have chest pains talk to a doctor or head into emergency ASAP.

Sigh.

If its just depression. try EMDR. It's a great therapy. Great for historical issues.

If I could afford more I would do it, pronto. :D

Yeah, my therapist says I should be on medication for the moment.

I had a major depressive episode when I was 18. And if you have had one theirs a 50% chance your have another. She seems very sure, and well, I trust her.

Im told the chest pain is just from anxiety. But I guess no one has experienced it, hence why im worried.

• Author
dreamingoftigers

Well, I would see at least a GP to rule out anything worse than anxiety.

But if the Wellbutrin is CAUSING the anxiety, than that's kinda bad too.

I noticed increased anxiety as well.

This week in the "Adventures of Dreaming of Tigers on Wellbutrin" I've been quite unregulated, I've noticed.

Big spaz on husband yesterday but I noticed that weirdly he responds to craziness, etc. better than me crying. Think it's so so so weird and kind of uncomfortable.

Sobbing yesterday morning/last night/this morning too. Weird. I thought that this was supposed to be an ANTI-depressant!

Anyhow. I would definitely like to find an answer (medication or not), I am scared to go off of it because, well, in a large sense, my overall sense of well-being and "get up and go and know where the car keys are" has improved 20X. As well, I am not a sobbing, low-energy pile of muck.

But the outbursts are really too much. My last test is tomorrow and then it's back to the Doc to get me off this round of meds safely.

I really would like to find something in between "Sobbing heart out/no energy/can't find car keys" and "Invading Poland."

I really would like to find something in between "Sobbing heart out/no energy/can't find car keys" and "Invading Poland "

There's a place between?? And here I am just starting to appreciate that every day of my life gets to be spent playing games like Scavenger Hunt and

Who's the Mother F**ker

I've beaten my anxiety by embracing my dysfunction.

• Like 1
all_cats_rgray
Well, I would see at least a GP to rule out anything worse than anxiety.

But if the Wellbutrin is CAUSING the anxiety, than that's kinda bad too.

I noticed increased anxiety as well.

This week in the "Adventures of Dreaming of Tigers on Wellbutrin" I've been quite unregulated, I've noticed.

Big spaz on husband yesterday but I noticed that weirdly he responds to craziness, etc. better than me crying. Think it's so so so weird and kind of uncomfortable.

Sobbing yesterday morning/last night/this morning too. Weird. I thought that this was supposed to be an ANTI-depressant!

Anyhow. I would definitely like to find an answer (medication or not), I am scared to go off of it because, well, in a large sense, my overall sense of well-being and "get up and go and know where the car keys are" has improved 20X. As well, I am not a sobbing, low-energy pile of muck.

But the outbursts are really too much. My last test is tomorrow and then it's back to the Doc to get me off this round of meds safely.

I really would like to find something in between "Sobbing heart out/no energy/can't find car keys" and "Invading Poland."

Well I do believe their is the right medication out there. I had it once. All the pain went away and I was able to deal with life.

No it wasn't a magic pill that took away all the problems. But yeah, i no longer cried for no reason, and snapped with anger.

I really don't believe stuff like this can be dealt with, without meds. Its just about finding the right ones. I guess.

• Author
dreamingoftigers

I really would like to find something in between "Sobbing heart out/no energy/can't find car keys" and "Invading Poland "

There's a place between?? And here I am just starting to appreciate that every day of my life gets to be spent playing games like Scavenger Hunt and

Who's the Mother F**ker

I've beaten my anxiety by embracing my dysfunction.

LOL!:D

Well, lately the "place inbetween" has been, "Poland! You're lucky I can't find my damned car keys!"

I have only had an anxiety (in adulthood) issue since my husband's adultery and completely random behaviour came out.

Before we married, I made it so so clear that I wouldn't tolerate alcoholism in a relationship because my father was an alkie and every day, after school or in the morning, I never knew what I was walking into. I had horrible childhood anxiety.

After I left home it took a bit of time to iron it out.

But this crapola with him really cratered all of that. It has improved over the last year, but I am still really really on guard. That will last awhile.

It's pretty frustrating.

But I do have a few things that when I remember to do them,

really help, instantly.

When I am centered and goal-oriented, life is really calm, serene.

But lately I've been somewhat directionless. The financial situation is difficult for me to navigate. Sigh. Working on it working on it working on it.