do white guys find darkskin black girls hot?

Feelin Frisky
wow you really should quote my entire post. seems like you are working hard for a job on fox news.

i am a bully how?

i gave this girl my opinion based on my life experience, with an open mind and open heart.

Dude. "Bully" was meant as praise (and I went some extra effort to be sure it didn't come of as a snide "bully for you"). I wasn't alive yet when it was popularly said but I've seen it in movies and read it in history as a popular term of applause. I apparently assumed too much and should have said "bravo" or even "right on". Sorry it sounded like a criticism, I didn't write it that way. And there is very few things I find more repugnant than Fox "news". I wish you would have looked at my other posts before you drew a negative conclusion. Fwiw, I meant "bravo" to what you said. I hope you don't have to look that one up. Just sayin'.

Yes. I don't anwser with Rihana in mind, but clearly the general question to dark and black skin versus white is a definitive yes. Considering our conversation the other day Miss Jones. I would like it to be clear that my attraction was not for novelty or variety. It was for pure appeciation of attraction we held for each other. We, as beings, are all out of Africa--the cradle of the human being. And I hold no racial prejudice for any persons who are out of Africa a hundred thousand years, more or less, after my ancestors moved on to higher latitudes. It is just a matter of considence no different than any other mixture of ethnicities which implies not scale of primitiveness. I can tell you that when when my dark black female lover was sitting on my lap as the ocean tides came in at dusk during our embrace on the beach soaking our white and black legs witht he same cold ocen water that has touched a billion others, I was as happy as any man has ever been and there was absolutely nothing of "race" that differentiated her from me. I was more privileged than most lonely men of any race. My lover Gwen, and I were every bit what a human male and female would ever be at love. There were no conditions. It was all in the moment alone on Rockaway beach in Queens NY in 1981 that she and I were one without condition in love. You can criticize and crucify us for our faults after the fact, but for those moments, nothing but utter joy existed for us. Nothing else in the times on Earth or in the greater universe mattered to her or me than her and me.

AAAHHHHHH:love::love::love:

Well I'm not white and I don't have a problem with this I don't think. My mom's dark... Well in Grand Rapids many considered her dark besides really dark African Americans. And she gets actually more white guys than black guys attracted to her.

I'm a caramel colored black woman with green eyes and when my extremely dark skinned best friend and I went out it was always the white men who would chat her up. She too had really fine features. Beautiful woman.

Feelin Frisky

Mmmmm, nice. I had another thought on your OP question of why some o us white guys are attracted to dark skin women of color--be they African or Indian--is that it's a little more difficult to tell if a dark skinned woman is pretty without looking at her. I can look at a row of European women in an instant and my mind makes very quick assessments of which ones have something that just rings my bell. And often, while I wouldn't kick any of them out of bed, there can be a lot of "falseness" about them--too much lip stick, excessively flaunty hair, eyebrows shaved and redrawn, eye makeup, foundation, rouge, it goes on and on. Then when there is one woman of color, there is mystery. This all happens in a guys mind in a nano second. What does he see? A bunch of women made up to appeal to what someone thinks men like. Not a group of females whom you can imagine just being appealing without the packaging. My eyes tend to be drawn to what I can't judge in a nano-second and have to decide if she is uniquely appealing. And often that woman is among those other pretty women because she is quite beautiful.

But in reality, women of color have a bonus in their skin. The increased melanin that gives them their color also makes for a blemishless look that does not need artifical stuff to hide sun damage or quirks of skin which staand out as unattractive on a lighter surface. Look at how white people try to become tan--most don't think scientifically about it, it's just that it looks healthy, smooth and unblemished and that is what is naturally sexully appealing. I have had crushes on other women of color in my life--mostly because I worked with them and if you're not seeing anyone outside of work, just one day it occures that someone around you makes you happy when they are around. One girl was Jaamaican and litterally wore no make-up. I didn't have that light bulb go off in my head until after circumstances brought us to interact with each other and her manner and humor were so infectious that I began to crave the few moments a day when she would be around. But realizing that she was so pretty without having to trowel on her face in the morning added to the admiration I had for her. She turned out to be married but for about a year before I find out, I felt a one-sided love for her. I can't imagine thinking it was because she wasn't white or was black or any of that. It's just that she was a natural force of nature unlike anyone else and my feelings soared for her. She didn't look like Rhiana or Beyonce and wore her hair un-processed and short. But she was very feminine and teasy. And if you wonder why I didn't ask her out sooner, it's not wise to ask out every woman you work with the minute you're struck with the realization that you have a thing for her. One has to live with that, but unless things change outside the office, you can give in without thinking will I marry this person. All you kinda know if they make you lose your appetite for anything else but their attention. It ain't about black or white, it's about man and woman.

• Like 2
  • Author
Yeah it seems like to me lighter skinned men always prefer the darker ones at least it's how it is with my mom. I tend to get a variety since my colors in the middle.

Btw I don't get why some people are acting like west African women can't have fine features. Kerry Washington does.

Kerry Washington is African American and obviously mixed.

• Author
Mmmmm, nice. I had another thought on your OP question of why some o us white guys are attracted to dark skin women of color--be they African or Indian--is that it's a little more difficult to tell if a dark skinned woman is pretty without looking at her. I can look at a row of European women in an instant and my mind makes very quick assessments of which ones have something that just rings my bell. And often, while I wouldn't kick any of them out of bed, there can be a lot of "falseness" about them--too much lip stick, excessively flaunty hair, eyebrows shaved and redrawn, eye makeup, foundation, rouge, it goes on and on. Then when there is one woman of color, there is mystery. This all happens in a guys mind in a nano second. What does he see? A bunch of women made up to appeal to what someone thinks men like. Not a group of females whom you can imagine just being appealing without the packaging. My eyes tend to be drawn to what I can't judge in a nano-second and have to decide if she is uniquely appealing. And often that woman is among those other pretty women because she is quite beautiful.

But in reality, women of color have a bonus in their skin. The increased melanin that gives them their color also makes for a blemishless look that does not need artifical stuff to hide sun damage or quirks of skin which staand out as unattractive on a lighter surface. Look at how white people try to become tan--most don't think scientifically about it, it's just that it looks healthy, smooth and unblemished and that is what is naturally sexully appealing. I have had crushes on other women of color in my life--mostly because I worked with them and if you're not seeing anyone outside of work, just one day it occures that someone around you makes you happy when they are around. One girl was Jaamaican and litterally wore no make-up. I didn't have that light bulb go off in my head until after circumstances brought us to interact with each other and her manner and humor were so infectious that I began to crave the few moments a day when she would be around. But realizing that she was so pretty without having to trowel on her face in the morning added to the admiration I had for her. She turned out to be married but for about a year before I find out, I felt a one-sided love for her. I can't imagine thinking it was because she wasn't white or was black or any of that. It's just that she was a natural force of nature unlike anyone else and my feelings soared for her. She didn't look like Rhiana or Beyonce and wore her hair un-processed and short. But she was very feminine and teasy. And if you wonder why I didn't ask her out sooner, it's not wise to ask out every woman you work with the minute you're struck with the realization that you have a thing for her. One has to live with that, but unless things change outside the office, you can give in without thinking will I marry this person. All you kinda know if they make you lose your appetite for anything else but their attention. It ain't about black or white, it's about man and woman.

This is what I don't like about being darkskinned...you can't judge if we're pretty right away, or it takes time for you to see the beauty of darkskinned women. I want my beauty to be recognized instantly just like lighter complexions. I don't want to be unique or a mystery. I want to be cookie cutter hot.

Feelin Frisky
This is what I don't like about being darkskinned...you can't judge if we're pretty right away, or it takes time for you to see the beauty of darkskinned women. I want my beauty to be recognized instantly just like lighter complexions. I don't want to be unique or a mystery. I want to be cookie cutter hot.

Well, then limit yourself to black men. I don't know why you take an asset and turn it into a liability (a negative). I gave you an honest view may explain why some white men focus on darker complexion women. It's not a negative that the darker skin is simply darker and less easy to read, but I said this gores on in a fraction of a second in men's minds and often if not usually has more to do with natural beauty versus troweled-on make up artificial white-girl beauty that will hose off when you get it home. I will try to cease any further engagement with you as my dialog seems to meet with some very curt dismissals after I've spent some time trying to either just answer or explain assets women of color have that some may take wrongly as a limitation or flaw. Your limitation seems to be in your attitude. And obviously I'm not helping with that.

Hot. Very hot.

You have to understand that men do not get so attracted to skin color as much as women think they do.

If not for a preference for women of their own skin complexion, most men go for what is societally acceptable.

Most interracial couples have to fight judgement from others because they are different.

For most men, a beautifull woman is a beautifull woman, and the physical assets he is most attracted to [big/small butt, waist, big/small breasts] generally trumps skin color.

• Like 1

Bullsh*t.

That's what i think of this opinion.

When you see someone in the first few seconds you don't look to see how beautifull their soul is.

You look at how hot they are on your scale, if they are/are not your type and if they have confidence.

If you are a guy you then approach. If you are a woman, you make yourself noticed.

That's how this game is played.

You dazzle them with intelligence and show yourself after you both started wagging your chins.

And even many many MANY yrs later you won't know 100% who the person next to you is.

• Like 1

The photos help me put a picture together.

If I met a charming woman like that, I'd give it a shot.

Like someone said, beautiful women are beautiful women.

• Like 1

Oooh, now there's tricky question, if I'm not mistaken. I thought that it was 37.0 °C (98.6 °F) irrespective? Which is quite cool actually. Luckily. Although I understand that it can fluctuate a bit depending on when the temperature is measured and where it is measured, but overall it it tends to be best if it doesn't fluctuate too much otherwise the side effects can be quite alarming.

But, hey, cool is good too, you know? Way cool, if you know what I mean?

And the odd thing is that I understand that you bleed red just like the rest of us aliens, which is quite comforting in a really, really peculiar way.

Do you think just like the rest of us? Do you hurt, emotionally just like the rest of us? Do you seek the same sort of things in your partners as us? I always assumed you did, but maybe I've been labouring under a heavy delusion all these years. It wouldn't surprise me, to be honest.

At the risk of getting far too serious for a moment the one thing that strikes me from time-to-time, watching mothers push their young children around in prams or push-chairs in supermarkets is when they reach the confectionery isles and they want THAT pack of sweets or biscuits and throw an absolute no-holds-barred, full-on, max volume tantrum, I can just close my eyes and smile and think, I can't really tell the difference to be honest, irrespective of whether their skin is black, white, brown or even a peculiarly attractive hue of blue or green. I just think, "Remarkable! The contents of their lungs all sound exactly the same"! Then I open my eyes again and contemplate for the umpteenth time whether I could get away with going over to mum and asking whether they would mind awfully either taking them outside, drugging them or even just simply smothering them before I run amok in the store with an axe in my hand. And then it passes over as quickly as it came. Just as well really.

But eventually the grown ups interfere and poison their minds and if that doesn't happen then their own peers poison their minds because their minds have been poisoned by the grown-ups in their lives. As a total f***-up, rolled on from generation-to-generation, it is remarkably resilient and remarkably effective, if you actually like that sort of thing, of course. Me, it tends to give me the willies, rather than the hots but then I am a rather queer sod, in terms of the original meaning of both words.

I guess that doesn't really answer your question, does it? Sorry about that. I mean is it of any help at all? Just a wee bit?

Edited by pcplod
  • Like 1
  • Author
Well, then limit yourself to black men. I don't know why you take an asset and turn it into a liability (a negative). I gave you an honest view may explain why some white men focus on darker complexion women. It's not a negative that the darker skin is simply darker and less easy to read, but I said this gores on in a fraction of a second in men's minds and often if not usually has more to do with natural beauty versus troweled-on make up artificial white-girl beauty that will hose off when you get it home. I will try to cease any further engagement with you as my dialog seems to meet with some very curt dismissals after I've spent some time trying to either just answer or explain assets women of color have that some may take wrongly as a limitation or flaw. Your limitation seems to be in your attitude. And obviously I'm not helping with that.

Well, it is a drawback if darker skin is harder to read..that means you are less likely to stand out and it makes it harder to compete with lighter/whiter women for quality men. This is one of the reason why I bleach my skin, so my features will stand out and I can get noticed by the opposite sex.

Because lighter skin is associated with beauty in most cultures, many people believe on some level that dark skinned black women are not attractive. I know I grew up thinking I was ugly because I have dark skin; this is what was told to me as I grew. I had black men tell me that I was "too black" and white men tell me that my skin is beautiful.

It all depends on whether or not the white guys you meet are ignorant or open minded.

• Like 1
Most interracial couples have to fight judgement from others because they are different.

Hey, bear in mind that the couple in question doesn't even have to be inter-racial to have serious problems, they only have to be inter-cultural or inter-class.

Bosnians, Serbs and Croats. Jews and Arabs. Jews and non-Jews. Hindus, Muslims and Sikhs. And in the part of the world where I came from originally, Catholics and Protestants. I wonder what the cues for aggressive interference is within the black, Hispanic or white communities in the US? Money? Political allegiance?

In N Ireland depending where exactly the bride and/or bridegroom actually hails from, the possible generous wedding present, usually for the groom, is that of a knee-cappng. Nice thought isn't it? Ah, don't you have to love quaint old but ever-lasting family traditions? Can't possibly beat them with a big stick.

• Like 2
  • Author
Because lighter skin is associated with beauty in most cultures, many people believe on some level that dark skinned black women are not attractive. I know I grew up thinking I was ugly because I have dark skin; this is what was told to me as I grew. I had black men tell me that I was "too black" and white men tell me that my skin is beautiful.

It all depends on whether or not the white guys you meet are ignorant or open minded.

That's why i wanted lighter skin because it's associated with beauty. I would have no problem finding a quality guy

ps: i'm dark and I've never had a white guy tell me my darkskin was beautiful

That's why i wanted lighter skin because it's associated with beauty. I would have no problem finding a quality guy

ps: i'm dark and I've never had a white guy tell me my darkskin was beautiful

Miss Jones. I know that I am one just really tired, weary, worn-out old white fart, who really still knows sweet fanny arkwright about life, but why worry about the colour of your skin at all? The man who hooks up with ANY woman based solely on her appearance is a fool who in all probably will soon be in s***-loads of trouble of all kinds and probably fully deserving of it.

To put it admittedly over-simply, really good-looking women, whether black or white can often, although not always, have a serious dose of a disease called narcissism. There is, truly, no known cure for this. Men who are unaware of this simple fact or ignore it, do so at their mortal peril.

I mean, you could be as white as a moonbeam and still look like the back end of a Clapham omnibus. Where does that leave you then? You've gotta box clever, think laterally and just give yourself a fighting chance. Dipping yourself in a vat of bleach on a regular basis doesn't seem to be it, to be honest. Alright, I get it that a lot of white woman like to dunk themselves in vats of artificial suntan gunk or have it sprayed on them using commercial spraying equipment designed for auto spray shops. I mean, is it just me or is there possibly a terrible irony in all that?

I mean what can you bring to the table on a reasonable basis? What do you want to bring to the table without having to torture yourself? Your smile? Your charm? Your friendliness? Your approachability? Your intelligence? Your confidence? Confidence in a woman is waaay sexy. Your ability to communicate and to empathize and to share and not to fear, to hold back?

There are so many possibilities and all without spending huge amounts of either time or money primping up the bag it all comes wrapped up in. Honestly.

PS. The very idea of telling a WHITE woman that her skin is beautiful, particularly because she is white would strike me as the oddest thing to even think about saying. If I were to say anything like that at all I would probably be saying it with ulterior motives in mind and not actually caring whether it was true or not. And you can interpret that exactly as you want.

Edited by pcplod
  • Like 3
  • Author
No she's not. She simply has a different appearance than the stereotype. There are plenty of black families who are dark and have kids around her complexion light complexions are apart of the black race as much as dark ones are.

And those light complexions come from race mixing. Kerry Washington is highly admixed. She doesn't have West African features like Dani Guarari

• Author
No they don't as much as Arab Caucasians Greeks and Italians are dark because they're part black.

Like Caucasians, black people vary in shade and features.... Black people don't look just one way white people dont have just one look. Asians don't look just one way there are billions of people in the world it's going to vary a bit in appearance. Not all black women look like dani or Kerry. Black people are just one big old family there are millions and diverse looks among them.

Kerry's look is due to race mixing. If it wasn't then how come I don't have light brown skin and a straight nose like her???

Mme. Chaucer

I really don't think it's in your, or anyone's best interests to focus so much on race and skin color.

What do white guys like? Don't you think that among the gazillions of white guys there are probably a plethora of preferences expressed?

A whole bunch of them probably like to date white women. That's just the way it is. And there are certainly going to be those who are really attracted to black women with dark skin.

Can you just concentrate on individual guys that interest you and concern yourself with whether they're also attracted to you, with the skin color and all the other attributes you come with? If they aren't, it's really no different from all the other preferences, unless they are overtly racist or you take it that way.

• Like 2
  • Author
I really don't think it's in your, or anyone's best interests to focus so much on race and skin color.

What do white guys like? Don't you think that among the gazillions of white guys there are probably a plethora of preferences expressed?

A whole bunch of them probably like to date white women. That's just the way it is. And there are certainly going to be those who are really attracted to black women with dark skin.

Can you just concentrate on individual guys that interest you and concern yourself with whether they're also attracted to you, with the skin color and all the other attributes you come with? If they aren't, it's really no different from all the other preferences, unless they are overtly racist or you take it that way.

I notice that lighterskinned women get better treatment in general, not just in terms of dating/relationships, but in networking and making friends. They get much more acceptance, approval and positive feedback. That is what I am aiming to achieve by lightening my skin.

There is nothing anyone can say to make me want to stay darkskin. I'll continue to use my lightening treatments until I find something that will make me significantly lighter. I dont want to just be another dark black woman, but a beautiful lightskin woman that everyone admires and thinks is very pretty. I would love to be Lauren London's color or Beyonce's skin tone

Mme. Chaucer
I notice that lighterskinned women get better treatment in general, not just in terms of dating/relationships, but in networking and making friends. They get much more acceptance, approval and positive feedback. That is what I am aiming to achieve by lightening my skin.

Though I can't argue with you about the disparity in how people are treated in relationship to skin color, I am very sorry you don't love and accept yourself.

On the other hand, I'm white and I used to go to a lot of trouble to tan … but it's probably different because the race identity element is not at play there.

• Author
Though I can't argue with you about the disparity in how people are treated in relationship to skin color, I am very sorry you don't love and accept yourself.

On the other hand, I'm white and I used to go to a lot of trouble to tan … but it's probably different because the race identity element is not at play there.

I wish I could love and accept my darkskin but I can't. It's a huge burden that I'm tired of carrying with me everyday.

Mme. Chaucer
I wish I could love and accept my darkskin but I can't. It's a huge burden that I'm tired of carrying with me everyday.

Well, just don't go the Michael Jackson route in the skin lightening and feature refining journey. He was much, much more attractive in his pre-bleaching and re-configuring.

Seriously, I don't really have anything to say. I would like to convince you to embrace your own racial identity. It makes me sad that you experience it as a burden. But, I feel like a hypocrite since I do cosmetic things to change / enhance my own looks. But … I think it's different. And of course I can only try to imagine your life experience, and don't really know.

• Like 1
  • Author

the black guys that I like would always end up with girls her color

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8389/8593446018_f460e65b0c_h.jpg

this same look. a caramel girl with that admixed look. I always lose out to girls like this

and girls who look like her always get a lot of compliments on their skin tone or hair from other black women. they get much more approval