Is this really and truly the end?

singme2sleep
We do silly things sometimes in the name of love. He indeed believed that it was somehow better for me if he was gone, that he could do nothing but hurt me and that I'd be so much happier without him. Now what? At the moment his self-esteem is so low that he thinks no one can rely on him. Only he can learn to have faith and confidence in himself again.

It is strange that we're back to contacting each other. I don't think the feelings have entirely disappeared. They haven't on my end, and I don't think they fully have on his end either. Moving on is hard when the feelings on both sides are strong. I don't know if we could meet in person without ending up in bed, so we should probably wait a while...but I would like to see him again sometime.

If you've hurt your girl, apologize and let her know how sorry you are. That speaks volumes. I was totally wrecked for a while, but it became easier when I realized he was suffering just as much. I want him to heal for his own sake.

It's funny how things turn out. We both seemed to be in similar situations with our breakup reasons, yet your ex was actually telling the truth. Mine on the other hand lied to I guess in his mind, spare my feelings (cowardly) and is now with someone new. So "I need to be alone to sort out my life, it has nothing to do with me not wanting you" really meant "I want to be in a relationship with someone who isn't you and I'm too immature to just be honest" smh!

But Emma I'm glad you are doing better with everything. Thanks for updating us all. I think it's time for me to get off here as well. Hopefully in the future I will be back with a positive update :)

I got dumped for someone else a month ago. Looks like he moved along to his new relationship right away. It's like he replaced me with her in 24 hours. I juat wanted to ask you Singme2sleep, how have you been coping? I am doing a little bit okay. Ive been able to smile and laugh. 1 month of our BU and him being official with his new gf, I have not received any contact from him.

It's hard :( I hope youre getting thru this as much as I am.

singme2sleep
I got dumped for someone else a month ago. Looks like he moved along to his new relationship right away. It's like he replaced me with her in 24 hours. I juat wanted to ask you Singme2sleep, how have you been coping? I am doing a little bit okay. Ive been able to smile and laugh. 1 month of our BU and him being official with his new gf, I have not received any contact from him.

It's hard :( I hope youre getting thru this as much as I am.

Well its been weeks since I found out about his rebound relationship. At first I was so angry that I thought it was pushing me forward into finally getting over him. But the anger has mostly faded and tonight I realized that despite it all I still miss him. The love I felt isn't gone and I hate myself for that. Guess it's gonna take a lot more time...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Author

One day at a time.

We're talking a lot now, and enjoying it entirely too much, and laughing so hard we're both out of breath. He admitted he wanted to see me but is afraid of his own feelings and struggling with low self-esteem. I'm still recovering from surgery but able to walk around and take care of myself. We are both living our own lives but beginning to make a little space for each other again. We are joking about adopting a pet and discussing going out together to look at potential pets (we have a thing about taking silly jokes as far as possible until the other snaps).

This might be the last post in the thread, because I finally have an answer to the original question: is this really and truly the end? I don't know where things will end up, but no, it's not the end. It's only the beginning.

<3

Edited by emmalynro