I just HATE when people say this!

• Author
singme2sleep

lavender- that's a good plan, I just live day by day. I find if I plan things too far in advance, it makes me think of my ex and stuff we were going to do together.

There's really nothing anyone CAN say to make it better, is the thing. It's a lot like death in that regard. When someone you love dies, people attempt to comfort you by telling you "they're in a better place" but that doesn't actually comfort you, because the only place you want them to be is here with you.

• Like 1
NoLeafClover
You've just been broken up with by someone you really love. Or maybe it's been a few weeks, but you are out in public when you run into a friend or acquaintance who mentions your split and says the phrase they think is helpful and comforting, however you end up feeling worse...

"You'll find somebody else."

I know people mean well, I just hate being told that. When your heart is broken and you still love your ex, it's the last thing you want to hear. Finding a new person to date is usually not even a factor in your mind for a long while. So why do people assume saying it will somehow ease the pain????

Who else has been given this line, and felt like screaming?!?!?!

Hey Dont worry.....you will find someone else lol

You've just been broken up with by someone you really love. Or maybe it's been a few weeks, but you are out in public when you run into a friend or acquaintance who mentions your split and says the phrase they think is helpful and comforting, however you end up feeling worse...

"You'll find somebody else."

I know people mean well, I just hate being told that. When your heart is broken and you still love your ex, it's the last thing you want to hear. Finding a new person to date is usually not even a factor in your mind for a long while. So why do people assume saying it will somehow ease the pain????

Who else has been given this line, and felt like screaming?!?!?!

But it is so clear that that is exactly what is going to happen. You will find somebody else anyway.