todreaminblue
Agreed :love:

I believe in what Jesus said, that is accounted in the Bible for posterity. Jesus called God his Father and our Father too!!! That to me is amazing! God is our Spiritual Father, our Heavenly Father, and to me that fills me with happiness and joy!!! :bunny:

One thing I think is interesting is that Jesus calling God "Father" is a part of the promise God gave to King David concerning the one who would be on his throne forever: (I boldened some in the verses below.)

2 Samuel 7:12-17

II Samuel Chapter 7

12 When thy days are fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, that shall proceed out of thy body, and I will establish his kingdom.

13 He shall build a house for My name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom for ever.

14 I will be to him for a father, and he shall be to Me for a son; if he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men;

15 but My mercy shall not depart from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee.

16 And thy house and thy kingdom shall be made sure for ever before thee; thy throne shall be established for ever.'

17 According to all these words, and according to all this vision, so did Nathan speak unto David."

1 Chronicles 17

I Chronicles Chapter 17

11 And it shall come to pass, when thy days are fulfilled that thou must go to be with thy fathers, that I will set up thy seed after thee, who shall be of thy sons; and I will establish his kingdom.

12 He shall build Me a house, and I will establish his throne for ever.

13 I will be to him for a father, and he shall be to Me for a son; and I will not take My mercy away from him, as I took it from him that was before thee;

14 but I will settle him in My house and in My kingdom for ever; and his throne shall be established for ever.'

15 According to all these words, and according to all this vision, so did Nathan speak unto David."

Isn't that cool?!? :)

That really intrigues me, because it's very important to understand that Christianity is based on Judaic promises/prophesies, and that Jesus is Jewish and fulfills the prophesies and promises concerning him.

Now, many Jewish people who believe in G-d do not believe Jesus is the Messiah, and they have valid reasons. However, CHRISTIANS ARE NOT TO PERSECUTE THOSE WHO DO NOT BELIEVE IN JESUS! RATHER, WE ARE TO LOVE AND CARE FOR THEM, NO MATTER WHAT. Jesus did not tell his followers to condemn those who don't accept Jesus to hell, but rather he focused on his faithful followers' faith: (John 6:65-69). I think one of the most horrible tragedies of the history of the world has been when "Christians" have persecuted other people, including persecuting Jewish people who do not believe in Jesus. That is evil and wrong and totally disobeying Jesus.

One of the valid reasons why many Jewish people who believe in G-d don't believe Jesus is the Messiah is because the Messiah is supposed to free Jewish people from oppression, and Rome destroyed Jerusalem in 70 AD... Jesus obviously didn't free his people from Roman oppression. I guess it's hard for a person who teaches love for one's enemies to physically free one's people through military might...

Come to think of it though, if Jesus had fought against the Romans, then he would have been killing them and then why would he have healed the centurion's servant (Matthew 8:8)?

One of my favorite passages in the Bible is Acts 10, when Peter learns that Gentiles can follow Jesus too!!! Since I'm a Gentile, that's relevant to me! :p If Jesus was set on conquering his people's enemies, than I doubt Peter would have been told to see Cornelious, the Roman centurion, and tell him about Jesus!!! I think it's awesome how we, both Jews and Gentiles, are "one" in Christ Jesus, and together can call God our Father in Heaven!!!

Paul states that idea very eloquently in his letter to the church in Galatia:

Galatians 3 NIV - Faith or Works of the Law - You foolish - Bible Gateway

"26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus."

some complex thoughts in there isnt there? loving someone even though they hate your guts, enemies and nemesis treated the same as those that love you, its hard to imagine there could be such perfection in one single body as there was in jesus christ its so intricate a thought that i find it hard to grasp i just have a slight hold on the concept of that truth..its a work in progress...;0)....the fact he had so much healing in him endless....eternal healing in one fingertip , to forgo all that to give his life for sinners to come back home...the ultimate sacrifice for people who dont even accept him as a savior and the eternal grace for the people that do, its a rainbow isnt it...i cant quote bible verses like you can, what i can say, just comes from my heart, i just wanted to say thank you for the thoughts you expressed .......i appreciated them and you writing them and posting them here..and thats heart felt........hugs...deb

• Like 2
pureinheart
Yea, pure, as Proverbs says:

Envy rots the bones.

(Another great bumper sticker.)

Oh, had a big struggle with this, and now that you bring the Scripture up, well it brought me back to that severe envy, which is a great indication this hasn't been dealt with yet.:) Thank you, for giving to the Lord....

M30, it must have been a test, because when I took my eyes off of the situation and just accepted things, God blessed me BIGTIME.

Concerning OP, this is why I have to test the spirits because we all can pray out of Gods will and pray according to the flesh. Haha- Thy kingdom come "MY" will be done...."MY" meaning "me" ...happens all of the time.

Again, thanks M30, need to go through Proverbs and find all of these Scriptures and allow a much needed cleansing:D

TheFinalWord
LOL, one time heard a teaching that said one can tell where a persons heart is by looking at his/her checkbook.

I think tithing is essentual. For me, giving money to Gods work can be the hardest, and in the past have made all sorts of excuses not to. Now I can't afford not to tithe!

It's the heart of the matter that God is interested in IMO..He's more concerned with our hearts than anything.

This is very true! Of course, living on grad student stipend, greed isn't my top concern :lmao:

But joking aside, everything we have is from God. Tithing is just acknowledging that: circumcision of the wallet. :)

Getting real- we all have idols. I could sit and pick out everyone elses idol (and do) till I take that grand look in the mirror and think I'll forever be more concerned about the twig so that I don't have to see my own forest. Maybe this will change someday, but doubt it.

Very true. It seems so easy and natural to find faults in others. Very rarely do we look at ourselves. That's why I'm glad we have the Word because it doesn't candy coat things (I like reality lol). For example, as a young man it is easy to let those eyes wander :o But then here comes David..."How can young man cleanse his ways, by taking heed according to your word" Yikes. haha Coming from a David that fell in this area, it's humbling.

Edited by TheFinalWord
  • Like 1
pureinheart
some complex thoughts in there isnt there? loving someone even though they hate your guts, enemies and nemesis treated the same as those that love you, its hard to imagine there could be such perfection in one single body as there was in jesus christ its so intricate a thought that i find it hard to grasp i just have a slight hold on the concept of that truth..its a work in progress...;0)....the fact he had so much healing in him endless....eternal healing in one fingertip , to forgo all that to give his life for sinners to come back home...the ultimate sacrifice for people who dont even accept him as a savior and the eternal grace for the people that do, its a rainbow isnt it...i cant quote bible verses like you can, what i can say, just comes from my heart, i just wanted to say thank you for the thoughts you expressed .......i appreciated them and you writing them and posting them here..and thats heart felt........hugs...deb

Isn't Bethy a doll..and want to thank all of you who put the Scripture out there. Sometimes my pc freezes when I open too many links.

Haha, Deb, I have to tell you something kind of funny. In my former job, I held some different classifications, so if laid off from one, would qualify for another. One of them was Material Control. The names of the "cribs" I worked in seemed to illustrate my life at the time...before being saved worked in the "Rejection Crib" (I was rejecting God)...then a few years back worked in the "WIP Crib" (work in progress) ...lol...see, God has to spell things out with me:laugh: making it plain and clear.

I hope all is well with you Deb, and speaking healing and restoration over you and yours...in Jesus Name, Amen!

• Like 1
pureinheart
This is very true! Of course, living on grad student stipend, greed isn't my top concern :lmao:

But joking aside, everything we have is from God. Tithing is just acknowledging that: circumcision of the wallet. :)

Very true. It seems so easy and natural to find faults in others. Very rarely do we look at ourselves. That's why I'm glad we have the Word because it doesn't candy coat things (I like reality lol). For example, as a young man it is easy to let those eyes wander :o But then here comes David..."How can young man cleanse his ways, by taking heed according to your word" Yikes. haha Coming from a David that fell in this area, it's humbling.

And oh boy, did I find every bit of justification to get into relationships that weren't of God. Every single relationship to date was either lust or ego based...very sad.

TFW, if you can stick to the principles set forth by God, you will save yourself a whole lot of heartache and paperwork. God didn't give these mandates to punish or hold things back from us, He did it because He knows the hearts of people. I could go on forever with this one, especially after four failed marriages and a LONG string of failed relationships.

I put man before God...relationships (romantic types) were my idols.

You know, I find it much more rewarding having relationships with you guys and my family. I don't care whether you believe in my God or not, and maybe that didn't need to be said, but wanted to make that point plain and clear.

Many faiths, when you get down to the meat of various faiths, look at others that don't believe the way they do like the plague or something, they'll be nice to you to "convert" you, but they are not your friends, nor are willing (this is not just Christianity BTW)...I like you as a person, not for what you believe. Marriage and romantic relationships should be equally yoked IMO...this would be the exception to the rule based on the nature of it. This comes from my own personal experience of things not working out, so I believe what the Bible teaches about it.

TFW, it's springtime too...this could be harder for guys?

Ya dude, this tithing thing was a constant struggle, and IMO God speaks specifically about "money"...oh Lord how I tried to get around this one:rolleyes:

• Like 2
TheFinalWord
TFW, if you can stick to the principles set forth by God, you will save yourself a whole lot of heartache and paperwork. God didn't give these mandates to punish or hold things back from us, He did it because He knows the hearts of people. I could go on forever with this one, especially after four failed marriages and a LONG string of failed relationships.

Thanks PIH! I will do that :) Thanks for giving me some good advice. You're the bomb! :bunny:

A couple of relationships, God has literally yanked the rug out from under me. I could write a novel...almost married once! At 11th hour God showed me "no" found out later the reasons why! It is easy to get carried away romantically, but I have learned (and I'm a slow one lol) just to be at peace and let the Lord run the show (as latest signature displays ;) ). Relationships were his idea; his instructions work pretty good haha

Edited by TheFinalWord