What happens when you die?

loveregardless

the world is in the shape it is now. because of the insanely selfish EGO of the human race. and we have not "progressed" we have "degressed", spiritually, morally, socially and ecologically. "technology" is not the definintion of progress. technology was the death of humanity. Again I would like to say that we are not the first or only human like species, however i am quite positive that we will be the last because the ozone layer will have completely depleted and the green house effect will have killed all life on earth, if mother nature deosn't do it herself before too long thanks to us glorious magnificent wonderful blessed self-riteous humans. progress...right....

HokeyReligions
Originally posted by loveregardless

the world is in the shape it is now. because of the insanely selfish EGO of the human race. and we have not "progressed" we have "degressed", spiritually, morally, socially and ecologically. "technology" is not the definintion of progress. technology was the death of humanity. Again I would like to say that we are not the first or only human like species, however i am quite positive that we will be the last because the ozone layer will have completely depleted and the green house effect will have killed all life on earth, if mother nature deosn't do it herself before too long thanks to us glorious magnificent wonderful blessed self-riteous humans. progress...right....

Yep! I LOVE progress! Cable TV. Air Conditioning. Taco Bell. Football. Longer life spans. Internet. Heart Transplants. Laser Eye Surgery. Music. Cell Phones. Space Exploration.

Sure beats living in a cave, s***ting in the woods using leaves for toilet paper, and drinking unfiltered water, dieing of old age when you're 30, and wearing animal skins.

:D

loveregardless

EXACTLY MY POINT! what a great additude. those are certainly the finer things in life. the truly enjoyable experiances. eating taco bell especially...i mean wow...before there wa a taco bell...i would rather be living in a cave, sh*tting in the woods and foraging for my own food than being surrounded by people with mindsets such as that. laziness and greed. what a way to live. superficiality and materialism. what a way to live. when you die would you like to burried with your cell phone, your computer or your cds? i'm not sure they'll all fit in your casket so you might wanna pick a few favorites. and by the way, theres a BIG BIG differnce between the "technological advancements" of the last few centuries and the lifestlye of prehistoric humans. what about the thousands and thousands of years between? regardless it is precisely this additude that makes me sick to my stomach.

Originally posted by Artifact

Hey Moose, why do you think animals don't have God given souls? I'm a little confused on the soul thing... Why do you think God has us live with animals?

There are some faiths (in Christianity too I think) that do not believe that animals have souls and that they were created to serve mankind, and not that manking somehow won the dominance over the animals.

Well, I believe God gave us the animals to watch over and wonder about so that man wouldn't be too bored. They weren't created to serve, and we didn't win dominance over them either. God gave us the dominance, we didn't have to win it. You have to remember, God created the earth and the garden of eden to be totally self sufficient. At that time, man didn't eat meat. God told man that he could eat any fruit in the garden, but not the fruit from the tree of knowledge. That's when man was tempted, ( Notice I say Man, not WOMAN, sure it was Eve, but Adam deserves as much blame ), and sin entered the world.

That's when satan pulled a fast one on God and everything went haywire. Man started to think for himself and became more concerned with personal things rather than pleasing God.

I know everyone has their own take on life, and death. Some are pretty out there, some are interesting and make you think. But these are my beliefs and opinions and it would be impossible to sway me from it.

Before the fall of man, we weren't even going to have to pass through death. Does anyone remember that series on TV, "The body human"? I watched one about life expentancy, the human body is built to run forever. If we didn't have diseases, colds, and had pure air and pure water, the human body would virtually never die. Our muscles can literally be torn apart, then regrow to be bigger and better. I find that fascinating!

Hmm, well...

I would really REALLY like to think that there is another life for us, that something goes on after death, whatever it is. I think I've tried to live a good life, or at least, I've tried to be nice to others, so hopefully, if there IS a hell, I'm not gonna end up in it.

I don't believe in God tho', maybe in an energy source or something, but well...I'm sort of a practical person, and what I can't see, hear, feel or touch, I find it hard to believe in.

What if there is nothing after? Well, hopefully, as long as you go peacefully, ie. in your sleep or drugged up for pain, then maybe that's all death is. Like going off into a peaceful, dreamless sleep, and that's all it is.

One thing's for sure, we're all going to find out, one way or another.

• Author
Touch_of_Naughtiness
Originally posted by seahorse

Hmm, well...

I would really REALLY like to think that there is another life for us, that something goes on after death, whatever it is. I think I've tried to live a good life, or at least, I've tried to be nice to others, so hopefully, if there IS a hell, I'm not gonna end up in it.

I don't believe in God tho', maybe in an energy source or something, but well...I'm sort of a practical person, and what I can't see, hear, feel or touch, I find it hard to believe in.

What if there is nothing after? Well, hopefully, as long as you go peacefully, ie. in your sleep or drugged up for pain, then maybe that's all death is. Like going off into a peaceful, dreamless sleep, and that's all it is.

One thing's for sure, we're all going to find out, one way or another.

This was real reassuring :(:eek:

loveregardless

I wasn't trying to attack your opinion, sorry if it sounded that way, I get a little caustic sometimes. I didn't realize it until after I reread my response, it's not YOU I disagree with. anyway...just letting you know I'm not being mean. everyone is entitled to thier opinion and I'm certainly not trying to tell you that I know anything for sure. Because I don't....but I believe. =) And I still think taco bell is the least positive of all "progress" however, it gives me really bad gas. ;):eek::sick::D

By the way, I don't want to be on anyones bad side because I'm a little too nervous right now for all that. don't know if any of you are aware or not, but there is a big ass hurricane about to kick our butts right now. Whateever God you believe in...pray for everyone ehre please. It's gonna be a "hell" of a weekend.

HokeyReligions
Originally posted by loveregardless

there is a big ass hurricane about to kick our butts right now.

I've been tracking that for my job -- RUN! Frances looks pretty nasty.

Please take care of yourself and your family & pets and get out if you need to. Your stuff can be replaced - you can't. Even if we don't agree - I certainly don't want you hurt in a storm. I'm in Houston and have been through some hurricanes and so I know what you are facing. RUN!

I wasn't trying to attack your opinion, sorry if it sounded that way, I get a little caustic sometimes. I didn't realize it until after I reread my response, it's not YOU I disagree with. anyway...just letting you know I'm not being mean. everyone is entitled to thier opinion

:o Thanks. I think I egged you on with my initial reply (which as I was typing it I was joking around, but that didn't come across in writing) and then I PM'd you before I saw this post. mybad :o:o I apologize. I've been on edge lately too. I would PM my apology to you, but I think you deserve to have a public apology from me. :o

I think when I die, it´s probably over. No afterlife. I was born and developed a consciousness, I experienced this material world with my senses. When I´m dead the receptors in my skin, eyes, etc. will not transduce any signals to my brain any more. I will stop thinking and everything will return to the stage it was before I was born. My consciousness will be gone. Sounds sad somehow, I´d like to know that something else, something nice, awaits me when I´m dead, but right now I don´t know what this could be. Heaven? Well, sounds nice, but I think it´s just an idea of some very human beings that speaks to our inner fears. If we look into our self and dig deep enough we will see that we have the same fears that children have and we will want to believe that there´s someone out there who protects us - makes life easier. No responsibility. Believe enough and you´ll be saved (Isn´t that the reason why Bush is so appealing? He pretends to know what´s going on, he appeals to the insecurity of people, their fear of terrorism. He promises stability in uncertain times.) My mind tells me there´s no one out there, doesn´t mean that I didn´t wish there was someone, but I think this wish just derives from "Existenxangst".

I think life is an opportunity that you have to seize, to make use of one´s potentials and to get the best out of life, I don´t mean in a selfish way, but to get the best out of oneself, morally, emotionally. Someone here had written in his signature that you shouldn´t walk to your grave with a well-preserved body, but skate broadside into your grave, worn out, dirty, saying: Wow, what a ride! (I really can´t remember the exact words... but that was the meaning of it) I´m vain enough to like to be in a good shape when I die, but it´s a great idea. I´m not living up to it yet, but I´ll try :)

We´ll be dead one day, but inbetween you have your life :)

loveregardless

I really am sorry though. I didn't mean to sound that mean. I really appreciate your apology and I understand, we egged each other on a little. I'd give you a big hug if I was there. Make up and be freinds......puhleeeeeeze. you know us cave dwellers don't like to fight. ;):love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

:confused: If man and woman are equally to blame for sin - than why is it only women have the monthly curse? Or is PMS supposed to help spread the punishment? ;) I've always wondered about that...
loveregardless

I'm headed home now. Hokey, no hard feelings. :love:

Got to go prepare for Fances, everyone remember to keep us in your thoughts and prayers here in Florida.

Here we go....

Originally posted by Fayebelle

:confused: If man and woman are equally to blame for sin - than why is it only women have the monthly curse? Or is PMS supposed to help spread the punishment? ;) I've always wondered about that...

Good question!!! :laugh: I have to agree with the spreading punishment theory!! But really, at that time everything was in abundance and man didn't have to do a blessed thing. Everything was already provided to them. When man fell, God told Eve that she would bear children and have pains, He may of been referring to, "The curse", at that time. Then He told Adam that by the sweat of thy brow shall you live and provide nourishment. So, it's not so much that Eve had a larger punishment, It's just a different form of punishment. Hope that helps.

If you study the Universe...it is much like us. When a planet dies, millions of particals burst into the universe. The particles go different ways. Some disapate, some stay as they are, and MOST of them stick together from other particles/atoms/whatever along those lines and form a new. However, there are always peices of that planet embedded in a new one...

Maybe that happens to us. Different parts of our souls go to different places. Some parts linger on, some reunite with people we love, some join the living of whom we cared for in spirit always, some venture off into a world they always wanted, and also some parts go into another body and soul and become a complete new being with a part of us in it. Partial reincarnation maybe.

Scientifically proven, energy can never be destroyed. We are engery. All things in this universe is energy. Cannot be destroyed.

That's my theory. I think there is an after-life. I think some souls get reincarnated too. I think some people who believe when you die...that's the end entirely. Maybe for them, they don't realize they are still exisiting beyond death...that could be ghosts (I don't mean ones rattling chaines with a sheet over their body in your attic either), or some type of lost soul...caught in disillusion; going nowhere. Hopefully they find their way. Much like what happens in life.

Or maybe we are judged and there is a heaven and a hell. Except I firmly believe we are our own judges. We'll all find out one day...hopefully FAR AWAY!

What probably happens is WHAT YOU BELIEVE! Isn't it always?? :o

• 2 weeks later...

To me death is a scary thing. I do not want to live my life worrying about being "good" if this is the only life I get.

my genious mexican friend once told me

"u, ur personality, is parts of ur brains. so, wen u die, ur brain dies, so should ur personalitty and feelings. its then at this point religion comes in, to answer all the crazy question like ' does god steal our brains, when we are dead, thats why we bury the dead so know one knows how we go to heaven ' and stuff like that"

me, i personaly beleive in the bible, cuz its not one big book, its a collection of books of storys told for centurys. put together.

i also learned in world history that there is evidence that at one time, around the time frame of the story of the great flood, there is evidence that a thin wall, in the mediteranean sea conecting to the atlantic, colapsed. there is also evidence that large amounts of water came crashing down cuz of the thin wall breaking (it worked like a dam), the evidence is scars on the sea depths. also, at the bottom of the mediteranean, there have been discoverd remains of tools and potery, wich have been discoverd to be around the time frame of the flood. what does this say? back then, tools were extremely expensive, and no one would leave one behind no matter what, so it shows that the people must have left the area quickly, not caring for their valuable tools.

and also, there is some evidence that there was a glacier covering europe. the historians say that if that glacier were to melt, it was enough water to flood the USA up to the half way point of the empire state building.

i got this info, from our history teacher, who is a Ex historian, for some reason.

im thinking that its up to us to believe that the evidene prooves that the bible is right in saying there was a flood or not.

tralalla....

i believe in god cuz the evidence is enough to convince me, do yoooooouuuuuuuuuuu?

Originally posted by re3rocks

me, i personaly beleive in the bible, cuz its not one big book, its a collection of books of storys told for centurys. put together.

I believe in God, but not really in the bible. It's difficult to explain. How do we know that everything written in it is true. When you tell a story it changes every time you tell it. What proves to us that did not happen with the bible?

hmmm, good question. by the way naive , ur avatar is hot! :)

well, i guess uh, if u can prove enough things in the bible are true, then u are proving that god is real

loveregardless

you can believe in God and not believe in the bible. the bible is a book written by men. a good book, but so was great expectations... :o