Why do some women think their age is so sacred to tell?

irc333

Disenchantedly Yours
I can see why the name Negative Nancy fits you so well.

you're a bit of a man hater but you're none to friendly to women either.

You must be a real ice-breaker at parties.

Life and soul, you might say. :rolleyes:

#justsayin.

Very few people on this board actually hate the opposite sex. I'm kind of tired of seeing the old "you're a man hater/you're a woman hater". NN isn't a man-hater although I think NN understands that she can be negative. Duh! I can be negative too. Don't abuse the "man-hater/woman-hater" title. It begins to loose it's meaning when you just toss it around toward anyone that expresses a not so pretty view.

• Like 2
Disenchantedly Yours

I think people, men and women, lie about all kinds of things online or they just leave things out. Why do people lie? (Not just women.) Because at the end of the day we want to find someone that will accept us and want to be with us based on how we feel about ourselves rather than how someone may shallowly judge us.

• Like 2
Very few people on this board actually hate the opposite sex. I'm kind of tired of seeing the old "you're a man hater/you're a woman hater". NN isn't a man-hater although I think NN understands that she can be negative. Duh! I can be negative too. Don't abuse the "man-hater/woman-hater" title. It begins to loose it's meaning when you just toss it around toward anyone that expresses a not so pretty view.

Trouble is, I've never seen her write a single nice word about any guy.

If you can find me any thread, or any post, where she's responded positively, or in a nice way to any men, ir any subject concerning men, on this board, I will retract.

• Like 1
  • Author
I think people, men and women, lie about all kinds of things online or they just leave things out. Why do people lie? (Not just women.) Because at the end of the day we want to find someone that will accept us and want to be with us based on how we feel about ourselves rather than how someone may shallowly judge us.

The woman is a head turner for a woman of HER age (whatever that age may be), that's the shocker, if ANYTHING, a woman that is attractive FOR her age, should reveal her true age, and be proud of the fact at say....60 years old.....that they're "hotter" than most 60 year olds. Just makes sense.

• Like 1
  • Author

I talked to her about her coming clean about her age, and she says, "I'm old enough to know better, and too young to care."

And she threw the, "Don't you know it's rude to ask a woman her age?"

I'm like "Um...no, it's not rude, esp. when you're trying DATE them." That's basic information that everyone should know.

• Like 5

Lying about ANYTHING is a huge red flag...and age? That just screams insecurity and self confidence issues.

If a woman lied to me about her age, I would definitely look at her in a different "light".

• Like 3
Disenchantedly Yours
The woman is a head turner for a woman of HER age (whatever that age may be), that's the shocker, if ANYTHING, a woman that is attractive FOR her age, should reveal her true age, and be proud of the fact at say....60 years old.....that they're "hotter" than most 60 year olds. Just makes sense.

I don't know if it's a compliment to say, "that she is attractive *for her age*." Why can't you just say, "She is attractive!" The implication with the first statement is that women her age are less to begin with.

I do agree a woman should be proud of her age, whatever age she is. But it's not an easy thing to accomplish in our world. Although I do think women should strive for that mindset more. But you have to understand that the world largely puts women down for aging.

• Like 1
Disenchantedly Yours
I Would tell her outright next I met her: "look, I understand many guys are superficial, they fetishize young girls and will discount an amazing lady simply based on numbers because they get off on a gap. But I'm clearly not doing that here, I know you are older than me and I don't care. I don't want to start our relationship out on secrecy, so out with it. And in turn ill tell you a secret I normally don't tell the ladies"

That's an awesome response AhteistScholar.

• Author

She just told me now, after stating the facts and I think there's nothign wrong with her telling me her age....she just told me point blank.....that she doesn't feel the need to tell me.

In fact, she's never TOLD her REAL age since the age of 21 (someone posted that on here about how their older kin told them never to reveal their age)

And STILL won't tell.

She just told me now, after stating the facts and I think there's nothign wrong with her telling me her age....she just told me point blank.....that she doesn't feel the need to tell me.

In fact, she's never TOLD her REAL age since the age of 21 (someone posted that on here about how their older kin told them never to reveal their age)

And STILL won't tell.

I don't know if you're dating this girl or what, but I wouldn't get into anything serious with her. You'll be in for a world of hurt later on.

• Like 1
  • Author

In one breath, she said she's a very honest person, but she's "old-fashioned" as well.

Apparently, being "old-fashioned" justifies not revealing their age?

• Like 1
Negative Nancy

And STILL won't tell.

She sounds really retarded.

• Like 4
In one breath, she said she's a very honest person, but she's "old-fashioned" as well.

No...she's not old fashioned.

She's what negative nancy just said she is.

• Like 1
But you have to understand that the world largely puts women down for aging.

This is spot-on

Classic example:

A lot of male newsreaders in the USA are quite senior, look distinguished, ooze gravitas.

Why are their women counterparts not the same age?

They are usually a good decade to 15 years younger, and visually extremely attractive.

Why are they not in the same age bracket as their male counterparts?

Because The Media is very ageist.

Similar things happened here too... But discrimination on the basis of age is now illegal.

And there has been a furore, because some of the women broadcasters we have here, were sidelined and retired, once they reached a certain age/look...

Angela Rippon

Joan Bakewell

Moira stewart

Janet Street-Porter

Anna Ford.

All extremely intelligent, educated, articulate, erudite and knowledgeable.

The unacceptable images of female ageing.

Yet there are currently a glut of male newscasters who are every bit as aged as these ladies - but they still hold primary anchor posts.

Huw Edwards

Jon Snow

Philip Schofield

Peter Snow

Jeremy Paxman

Why is this fair?

• Like 5
mortensorchid

That is not a good sign that this woman lied about her age to you on the website. If she is lying about that, she is lying about a lot of other things. Men do it as well, lying about their age. They are looking to attract younger and say that they are interested in those who are younger. But they do this because they think that they will not look as successful if they tell their true age in life. If I were you, I wouldn't give this woman the time of day and get out now. She'll lie about something else, just watch.

Lying about it?

Or not revealing it?

If she's lying, she's not very honest.

People can justify all kinds of bad behaviors with the "old fashioned" argument.

• Author
Lying about it?

Or not revealing it?

If she's lying, she's not very honest.

You know what she JUST told me? She said "I'll be honest now, I don't feel I have to reveal to you my age".

So see....? She's "honest", right?

You know what she JUST told me? She said "I'll be honest now, I don't feel I have to reveal to you my age".

So see....? She's "honest", right?

But did she tell you an age initially? And was it a lie?

From your OP, it sounds like she put an age on her profile, but it was not honest.

• Author
But did she tell you an age initially? And was it a lie?

From your OP, it sounds like she put an age on her profile, but it was not honest.

It started off....I got he phone #, and I thought she was early 40's per her profile....she revealed to me in the phone conversation that she's actually older than the age posted...but never told me that age, and I still don't know.

• Author

I am getting arguements from both sides of the table

"WHo cares about her age, don't worry about her, just ENJOY each others company, she'll tell you in due time"

While others judge such a person HARSHLY, "LIAR< LIAR, pants on fire!!"

It started off....I got he phone #, and I thought she was early 40's per her profile....she revealed to me in the phone conversation that she's actually older than the age posted...but never told me that age, and I still don't know.

Simple if/then:

If she dishonestly listed her age as early 40s on her profile, then she is not "very honest".

See?

Does OLD force you to state your age?

I am getting arguements from both sides of the table

"WHo cares about her age, don't worry about her, just ENJOY each others company, she'll tell you in due time"

While others judge such a person HARSHLY, "LIAR< LIAR, pants on fire!!"

Um...you're only getting arguments from one side sround here.

• Author
Um...you're only getting arguments from one side sround here.

Some friends of mine...off the boards are telling me to just 'chill out' and go with the flow with her.

Some friends of mine...off the boards are telling me to just 'chill out' and go with the flow with her.

Well...that's different. I wouldn't do anything serious with her. If you are both open to just having some "fun" by all means, knock yourself out.

But she is not gf/wife material.

I'm sure this has been explained before, but the reason is fairly simple:

A woman's beauty is extremely important to everything she accomplishes in life. It isn't fair, but a beautiful woman has more opportunities with men, with careers, and with virtually anything you can think of.

And nothing diminishes a woman's beauty more inevitably than age. No matter how totally hot and sexy you are as an 18 year old, and no matter how careful you are taking care of your body over the years, by the time you're 70 very few people are going to think of you as "sexy."

That is why. Age correlates strongly to sexiness, and sexiness relates strongly to a woman's options in life. I'm not saying this is fair; it isn't, at all. I'm just explaining what's going on under the surface whether it's fair or not.

• Like 1