Mother refuses to answer questions

Sugarkane

UpwardForward

Our family is very open with one-another.

I'm a lot older than your mother, yet 'university' was pricey and anything but free here in America when I was college age.

Also, I can't see there's anything wrong with an offspring living at home until marriage. I didn't, my kids didn't - but I can't see that it's anything to challenge a parent about. My parents not only lived at home until marriage - they stayed in my grandparents' boarding house after M. :confused:

Knowing my parents' beginnings, has never helped me in my emotional/personal life. When the baton was passed to me, I was pretty much responsible.

Moochas $$$ monies saved on shrinks/counselors .. :D

I have stopped asking her questions. I don't know why Its an insult to ask what it was like, when she was my age. Her complete lack of empathy and oddly getting angry when i ask for advice trumps anything I politely ask her. I wonder why you would have kids if someone is like this. Most people would be happy that their daughter is even interested.

You're beginning to sound JUST like your mother.....

• Like 1
  • Author
You're beginning to sound JUST like your mother.....

I don't lack empathy at all. And I'll never give the replys and insults that she always does to people. I would never ignore/ insult if I had a daughter that was asking questions politely. I'd be glad she even cared.

Edited by Sugarkane

I think the way you're responding to, and addressing people in your 'other' thread, is testimony to the fact that you are more like her than you want to believe.

Your attitude is frankly, shocking.

• Like 1