Complicated affair

I was talking to my wife last night and again this morning about a serious problem I have in my life that I need to resolve. I told her it's something that I am very shameful about (my affair) and also am very proud of (my daughter). But I told her that I need to iron out a few details and then I will explain everything to her. She asked if I had an affair. I said I'm not going to get into any details until later. Then she asked if I had a daughter (not, if I had a child). Once again I said I want to work it out first because there are a lot of variables involved. She asked if I wanted to divorce her. I said that that was one thing I surely didn't want. But I told her to quit fishing and I'd give her the details when I'm ready. So, I believe the ball is rolling.

I just want to slap you upside the head. You had the opening and there is NOTHING to work out before you come clean. Because how you deal with your daughter is going to involve your wife's reaction - why didn't you just do it when you had the chance?

"The ball is rolling" my a$$... You are about to be run over!

• Like 7

So you softened the blow for your own well being - again at the expense of not being totally honest with your wife.

It's like you're enjoying torturing her!

How dare you tell her to stop fishing! You had a chance with that opening - yet you still CHOSE to trickle truth her.

That's just completely cruel!

• Like 7
I predict that 70 more pages will pass (in a short period of time) and still no real progress will have been made.

-ol' 2long

Because of his cowardly actions and lying by omissions.

BrokenPrincess

Are you effing kidding me?!!!!!??? Your wife asked you point blank if you've had an affair, if you have a daughter, and you tell her to quit fishing until you get things in order?!!

What the hell is wrong with you?? You've spent what, 6 weeks on this site, getting 70+ pages of advice, visited a therapist, consulted your lawyer, confirmed paternity, and all you had to do is say yes.

How disgusting to torture her to wait until you are good and ready to give her the details. If I was your wife, I think I would be throwing up right now. I mean, I don't even know you and I feel sick.

• Like 9
you have lied to your wife yet again, and when she correctly guessed the truth and asked you, you chided her for it! how on earth cn one human being do that to someone he says he loves?

GASLIGHTING!!!!

Why did it take people 70 pages to realize this guy is a liar and a complete and total narcissistic loser? Why did people give him their invaluable time for so long, all these pages? Don't we realize this after seeing it, as we have seen it, without 70 pages going by? Why is everyone fooled yet again by these liars?

He does not DESERVE it! I said it 50 pages ago.

• Like 4
Originally Posted by Brian1

I was talking to my wife last night and again this morning about a serious problem I have in my life that I need to resolve. I told her it's something that I am very shameful about (my affair) and also am very proud of (my daughter). But I told her that I need to iron out a few details and then I will explain everything to her. She asked if I had an affair. I said I'm not going to get into any details until later. Then she asked if I had a daughter (not, if I had a child). Once again I said I want to work it out first because there are a lot of variables involved. She asked if I wanted to divorce her. I said that that was one thing I surely didn't want. But I told her to quit fishing and I'd give her the details when I'm ready. So, I believe the ball is rolling.

Me no likey this at all. Brian, get a bloody grip. Your wife KNOWS the truth, just fricken tell her! Why are you playing games with her and toying with her emotions? You're a man with some real serious issues.

Sorry to say this but I hope your wife divorces you. She deserves better. You've treated her like total SH.T and you should be ashamed of yourself. She asked for the truth, she knows of the A and your daughter yet you shut her out and was rude to her. Not cool at all. KARMA man! You have a daughter so you better hope one day no man treats YOUR little princess like you're treating your wife. Do you see you're being cruel? Or you're laughing and this thread is one big joke. It's hard to believe anybody would do what you're doing and handle it like you are.

• Like 2
Nothing. The master manipulator is manipulating this whole thread. I doubt he'll ever make a move.

Exactly.

Can people see this, after 70 pages, and STOP already?

He ENJOYS THE ATTENTION YOU ARE GIVING HIM. Please, please stop this thread. We can't save his daughter, as he is a narcissistic a**who cares about no one but himself. He will NEVER care about anyone but himself. He even admitted that.

PLEASE people... stop posting to this thread in favor of efforts to people on other threads who actually have a moral compass.

• Like 3

Tenacity," Can people see this, after 70 pages, and STOP already?

He ENJOYS THE ATTENTION YOU ARE GIVING HIM. Please, please stop this thread. We can't save his daughter, as he is a narcissistic a**who cares about no one but himself. He will NEVER care about anyone but himself. He even admitted that.

PLEASE people... stop posting to this thread in favor of efforts to people on other threads who actually have a moral compass."

EXACTLY. :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

Brian; Dude this is beyond Foul. And now I'm irritated w/myself for wasting my time even typing this.

What kind of a "man" are you?!!??!?! :sick:

• Like 3
  • Author

When I typed my last 2 posts I didn't feel it was cruel what I was doing to my wife. I thought I was opening up preparing to come clean. Then by all of the responses I'm quite shocked at the opposite opinions to mine. Maybe I am sick in the head then. I still to this moment don't know who I want to live with more. I believe my wife is more content now after our discussion than she was before.

CarboniteCammy

Brian, you are SUCH an amazing catch. Man, If I didn't have a husband, I'd be all over this. Mmmmmm...

I mean, come on guys? Who WOULDN'T want to be gas lighted and lied to point blank? Who WOULDN'T want this for their children?

I think you guys are being WAY too hard on this innocent, sweet, unsuspecting gentleman who wants nothing but the best for himself and others.

My gosh.

Brian...you are amazing. Call me. :love:

If this happened?

I hope you return home to find your stuff packed in the driveway.

Seriously. She was brave enough to ask- and she is correct.

And you answered that way?

Gross.

• Like 3
You must be the most clueless schemer I've ever heard of:

If *I* was your wife, I'd be getting something "ready" myself. Wait for it... !

-ol' 2long

Yup.

I was probably the sweetest and nicest I have ever been in my entire life during the four days I was planning the hefty-bagging and surprise exposure of my spouse.

He seriously did not see it coming.