The definition of a Hopeless Romantic

Lonely Ronin

JuneJulySeptember
IMO, a hopeless romantic is someone who will settle for nothing less than TWOO LOVE :love:

Every time someone talks about leagues, numerical ratings, income levels, height, weight, or abs with regard to dating, a hopeless romantic loses its wings :(

It is my opinion that the most bitter people are that way because they USED to be hopeless romantics who have been crushed and rejected, and pummeled. So in a way, those people are the hopeless romantics, or used to be. The less of a romantic you are, the faster you can get over it, call your friends, hit the bar, and look for someone else the day after you get dumped.

I would not be surprised at all if the guys who start all of the 'women have it easy' threads had really deep down feelings for some women years ago.

You don't get that bitter by being rejected by a gal waiting for the bus. ;)

• Like 1
Um , just a normal guy looking for a life partner? :confused: Women (and people in general) like using big fat expressions like that, without even knowing what it really is supposed to mean, just because they came across a guy who is genuinely interested in a serious, committed relationship. I realize that people like us, who are looking for love, appear to be an increasingly rare "animal", which may be why people call you a "hopeless romantic." But what people today refer to as a "hopeless romantic" is not what is really meant by the term.

This Ronin...women do at times use a more dramatic expression than needed for something. Never the less I agree you are a hopeless romantic.

What can sap hope away faster than having so many women go only so far with you. At least the men who don't even get a yes to a date can blame it on looks or superficiality.

• Author

What can sap hope away faster than having so many women go only so far with you. At least the men who don't even get a yes to a date can blame it on looks or superficiality.

Well, I can tell you, it always knocks my confidence & optimism down to the ground. Then depending on the length of the relationship, and how strong I was feeling it, it can take anywhere from a few days, to well a long long time for me to get over it, as I have had relationships last longer than a presidential term, & I've been engaged.

I think of a hopeless romantic as someone who's desperate, kinda needy, defines themself by a relationship. Someone who thinks every person they date for a week is their soulmate. Someone who wants love so badly that they think they find it in people they don't even know a thing about.

If a guy told me he was a hopeless romantic, I would think sappy and feminine and desperate.

I like romance, but I wouldn't describe myself as a hopeless romantic at all.

• Like 1
  • Author
I think of a hopeless romantic as someone who's desperate, kinda needy, defines themself by a relationship. Someone who thinks every person they date for a week is their soulmate.

I'm defiantly not that. I've only told 3 women I loved then, and the first two times I was young and didn't really know crap. It took me well over a year to feel that way about my ex fiance. I'm defiantly not desperate I've rejected as many women as I've been rejected by.

TouchedByViolet

Lonely Ronin I totally get you. You are still trying to make sense of the feelings from the last girl and understand what happened. It really sucks when you meet someone you think would be a great match and it goes to hell. Good luck in the future.

• Author
Lonely Ronin I totally get you. You are still trying to make sense of the feelings from the last girl and understand what happened. It really sucks when you meet someone you think would be a great match and it goes to hell. Good luck in the future.

not just the last one, but the one before that, and the one before that and ...........