Dieting challenge - 30d at least

• Author

I guess i'm a bit lucky here with the bread; i can get very good bread cheaply [oats/whole grain/black flour].

Veggies i think i'll stick to the regulars and will probably steam them. I love steamed peas, green beans, cauliflower, carrots ... etc.

Starting tomorrow i'll be drinking lots of tea ...

PS: Sure I can't offer you 10pounds to lose as a present monica ?

Edited by Radu
  • Author

So i didn't update yesterday.

I woke up late, did not go on the diet.

I went and bought the Lecitine [with Soia], Multivitamins and minerals, Chromium, and even tea [mint and Tilia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia this one ... i don't know the english word for it but i love it]. I even found good cheap oats [for carbohydrates, with oats they are released into the bloodstream steadily over a longer period of time instead of a huge fix with white bread and such].

I discovered i still had some turkey left-over from Christmas [made with beer and andives].

For fatty acids i think i will mix some sunflower seeds with Linum seeds [this one

"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linum ] and mash them up ... did it before and it makes sure i don't end up without.

So today i had my start in this.

40g of oats with 500ml of milk [about 1pound], and 26g of shake.

Probably around 500 calories.

For lunch i will take the rest of the milk [1l bottle] with shake.

For dinner, turkey breast and some steamed vegetables.

No Soda so far, i am on carbonated mineral water ... tomorrow i should be out of that one too.

I wonder if there's a Cola/Pepsi Anonymous support group out there.

PS: I still have about 2-3d worth of 'tropical' fruit flavored shake mix.

Bleah ... always knew this was going to be tough. :(

Edited by Radu
  • 2 months later...
  • Author

OK, so an update.

I wrote this thread during my exam session, i did not end up completely holding onto it.

I was a bit ... idealistic, and i think i bit more off than i could chew.

What did improve :

- i'm more than 2weeks now off Cola/Pepsi; i used to drink 2.5l per day of the stuff instead of water and this way i cut off 1000+ calories

- i walk more to school and back

- i managed to fill my program completely; 4d a week i have 14h days

- i kept up on the multivitamins and vitamin C supplements, fought off 3 colds in the meantime :)

- i started exercising at home, basically i have no time for the gym with school and everything.

So i managed to figure out what exercises i could do at home; most of them are good for the belly. :)

I've started toying with the ideea of going back on a diet, it seems to be working, but it's too early and i don't want to call it a succes yet.

Giving up soda i think i lost about 1-2kg's, and it seems to get better.

Just a random suggestion, you could try going vegetarian. Morningstar foods makes delicious meat tasting things, the first time I had one of their burgers, I thought it was a regular burger. For the record, I think just about every other veggie burger out there is disgusting.

I've had a stupid amount of trouble trying to put on weight after going vegetarian. :laugh:

Keep up the good work and stay motivated! Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Author
Just a random suggestion, you could try going vegetarian. Morningstar foods makes delicious meat tasting things, the first time I had one of their burgers, I thought it was a regular burger. For the record, I think just about every other veggie burger out there is disgusting.

I've had a stupid amount of trouble trying to put on weight after going vegetarian. :laugh:

Keep up the good work and stay motivated! Cheers.

I have no ideea what Morningstar foods is, but i suspect highly processed veggies.

Those things are probably worse for you than fatty pork meat.

I did have a few soy replacements of meat/pate and other things ... they are not so great.

• Author

This week i'm going to try something different.

As i have already stated, i have a diet ready to start.

The problem is that i need to take some pills for it [cell activators and vitamines] 20min before every meal.

Since most of the stuff is vitamines, i'm going to drop the use of the pills [of which i'm running out anyway], and go for simply the protein shake and otherwise eat cooked food.

Because of the 14h days i usually get, i have relied on fast food to compensate for my evening meal.

I lost so far about 2kg since i stopped drinking soda 2 weeks ago.

• Author

OK, so far :

- gave up soda [woohoo] about 2+ weeks ago; i still drink carbonated water but it's mostly tap water now

- gave up heavy eating when nervous by limiting my budget and making a goal out of lowering my expenses, i now eat only in the evenings [i'm gone the entire day] and only cooked food

- i've been taking every morning my multivitamin tabler + lecitine + efervescent vitamin C tablet

I've finally started to lose weight, i've managed to tighten my belt a little more.

I would guesstimate about 4-5 pounds so far.

It may sound like much, but i have about 35-40kg's [90 pounds] that i want to drop and to maintain myself long term so to me ... it's little.

I was expecting more.

For anyone that is still reading, what bugs me is not the weight per say.

It's my inability to stick to a program once i set my mind to it.

This translates in low Emotional Intelligence, those that have it high can control themselves perfectly.

And this is something that is currently on #1 on my 'get it sorted' list, because without it ... i won't do much.

I want to get to the point where i know how to control myself into doing whatever i have set on my mind.

Edited by Radu