Lost and not sure how to move on...

• Author
Well I think the OP has been pretty clear about the fact she's having serious issues...

She IS a walking talking serious issue,

OP, take my advice, it's good advice, trust me.

I will ask her how she is doing like I said I would just to check up on her and make sure that it actually isn't the anti-depression meds making her feel like this. If everything is normal and its actually her making this decision, I will most likely go NC for a while until I can get over the feeling of losing her...

I am not even mad that the relationship ended. I just want what is best for her.

Well I think the OP has been pretty clear about the fact she's having serious issues...

She IS a walking talking serious issue,

OP, take my advice, it's good advice, trust me.

yeah, it IS good advice, I'll give you that much.

Sounds to ME, however, like the girl has a medical issue as well...and I'm sure the OP doesnt want her doing something stupid and hurting herself.

• Author
yeah, it IS good advice, I'll give you that much.

Sounds to ME, however, like the girl has a medical issue as well...and I'm sure the OP doesnt want her doing something stupid and hurting herself.

Thanks for the help crashvector, I really appreciate it. I have never seen her like this before and it only started once she took the medications for her depression. Hopefully I can talk to her about it and let her know that I respect her decision but if she ever needs any help with her emotions or anything I will be there for her.

Thanks for the help crashvector, I really appreciate it. I have never seen her like this before and it only started once she took the medications for her depression. Hopefully I can talk to her about it and let her know that I respect her decision but if she ever needs any help with her emotions or anything I will be there for her.

Nah, I wouldnt do that either.

You DONT wanna be there for her...TRUST me lol

contact any family she may have, express your concerns...and move along.

uh..no I'm not.

I'm pretty sure I just told him to notify any family this girl might have and move along because he wants NO part of what's going on.

However, consider that calling his ex a slut and a whore might not be the best thing for him considering the fact that he came here asking for help....not for you to insult his choice in women.

So you're jaded and hurt...I get it. Doesnt mean everyone here wants to be such a crass, ruthless person as you are.

• Author
FFS crashvector get out of here man, you're filling this guy's head with absolute *****.

What more do you ****ing need?

She wants to be a single slut and not feel guilty about it...

She's gone, her's lost her, end of...

This guy is in for an EXTREMELY hard couple of months ahead...

And crash is in here... the guy who lives by BS religious quotes, filling his head with NONSENSE and false hope that the reason might be because she's taking anti-depressants?

She's a young, wild, party animal... slut!!! Doesn't even deserve to have a guy like this worried about her, seeking advice on the internet while she's out there now getting smashed from behind by some random guy in a nightclub bathroom cubical...

Get real.

Seriously there is no need for the harsh words... I completely understand there is a large chance that it might be because she really has lost feelings for me and just wants to live the single life but this only recently happened after she started taking the meds. If in the end that the meds did not have anything to do with how she is acting right now, (suicidal, cold, out of her mind), then I will just leave her alone and initiate NC. I really care for this girl and I just want to double check that the meds and her depression aren't screwing with her.

Seriously there is no need for the harsh words... I completely understand there is a large chance that it might be because she really has lost feelings for me and just wants to live the single life but this only recently happened after she started taking the meds. If in the end that the meds did not have anything to do with how she is acting right now, (suicidal, cold, out of her mind), then I will just leave her alone and initiate NC. I really care for this girl and I just want to double check that the meds and her depression aren't screwing with her.

I think its most likely that she just wants to move on.

What caught my attention was the way you described her mood changing 2 weeks after she started those meds.

and despite what Mr. Jaded above says, SSRI's CAN and DO cause people to act VERY different sometimes, which usually points to an underlying problem.

It definitely sounds like her meds are screwing with her...but it ALSO sounds like she wants to be single.

THAT"S what I'm telling you...it sounds like BOTH. Therefore, I'd recommend you let her family or a close friend know that you have reason to be concerned about her, and then start NC with her and move along.

I'm not insulting anybody, he described her in 1000 words... I read it and found a way to accurately consolidate it into one... slut, then proceeded to give him the absolute best advice possible for his own well being, who gives a ***** about her? I'm here to help HIM.

You on the other hand go off on some crazy medical theory about how these anti-depressants have ruined his relationship blablablablablaaaaaaaaaaaa...

I'd be more inclined to tell him to go to his own doctor, and get himself some of those anti-depressants because when he realizes that she really is GONE, after having delusions like....

Which YOU are feeding him, he's going to need them.

dude...get lost. You aren't helping him by calling his ex a slut. WTF do you think that would accomplish?

He clearly said he's NOT hurt by the breakup, and just wanted to know what to do about her behavior.

• Author
I think its most likely that she just wants to move on.

What caught my attention was the way you described her mood changing 2 weeks after she started those meds.

and despite what Mr. Jaded above says, SSRI's CAN and DO cause people to act VERY different sometimes, which usually points to an underlying problem.

It definitely sounds like her meds are screwing with her...but it ALSO sounds like she wants to be single.

THAT"S what I'm telling you...it sounds like BOTH. Therefore, I'd recommend you let her family or a close friend know that you have reason to be concerned about her, and then start NC with her and move along.

Yeah, I understand it might be the meds and her actual feelings of wanting to be single. I just worry for her health and I really hope she recovers from the dark times that she is having now. I have talked to my cousin who is a psychologist. He basically told me that drinking while depressed and on meds actually makes things worse and can cause suicidal thoughts...

Yeah, I understand it might be the meds and her actual feelings of wanting to be single. I just worry for her health and I really hope she recovers from the dark times that she is having now. I have talked to my cousin who is a psychologist. He basically told me that drinking while depressed and on meds actually makes things worse and can cause suicidal thoughts...

Pretty much.

You are actually instructed to NOT drink on those meds bc of of that.

• Author
He's just made a thread in the break up section of a love forum entitled lost and not sure how to move on.

I'm telling him how to move on.

You're telling him AD's messed up his relationship...

When his very own ex girlfriend already told him the ****ing reasons

The guy isn't asking for a list of AD side effects, he's asking for help and advice on losing a girl he loves...

The best advice is accept the harsh realities, (she's already sucking new schlong)

GO NO CONTACT.

And begin the process.

It really is as simple as that.

Trust me I have gone no contact and have no problems going no contact. The only worries I have for now is her health. The last time I saw her when we said our final goodbyes she didn't look so good. She looked lost, confused and lastly SUICIDAL.

FailedFirstLove

Hey crash,

my ex has been going through weird personality at times as well... He supresses everything and now that were over he smokes and stuff because he says it makes him feel better. He says his used to loosing people so he can deal with it more. Like when his dad and grandma died he didnt cry but he laughed cause thats what they wanted... His quite emotional as well... i told him he should get help but he wont, do u think he needs help? im still worried about him =(

Hey crash,

my ex has been going through weird personality at times as well... He supresses everything and now that were over he smokes and stuff because he says it makes him feel better. He says his used to loosing people so he can deal with it more. Like when his dad and grandma died he didnt cry but he laughed cause thats what they wanted... His quite emotional as well... i told him he should get help but he wont, do u think he needs help? im still worried about him =(

I'm no psychiatrist.

It doesnt mean there's something wrong just because someone acts funny.

I think EVERYONE should see a counselor at some point anyhow....

We go to the doctor for checkups, but for some reason, REFUSE to see a therapist or counselor when facing a difficult emotional issue.

So what, she ****ted on you, stop worrying about her and worry about yourself... forget her she's nothing to you now and anything she does is none of your business..

And in the EXTREMELY unlikely case that she does kill herself (which she won't, come back here in 2014 and tell me she killed herself and I'll pay you $50,000 in cash)... you won't be able to do anything about it anyway, people who are going to commit suicide, do...

And there is nothing you'll be able to do to stop it.

Therefore you have no business worrying about this girl.

Begin the process dude.

I agree. She ****ed up and continuous to see this other guy she is interested in. Last time I checked there was no medication that read "side effects: may make you want to bang other dudes and ditch your boyfriend" .

As harsh as it may sound it's the truth. I understand that you deeply care about this girl, I cared about my ex a LOT as well but the truth of the matter is she is an adult an made the decision to leave you. It's not like she called you the next day and said I made a mistake; she is still with another guy and trying to see if be grass is in fact greener.

• 1 month later...

I can't believe how similar our story is.

somebody wrote on my threat that she's the walking shell of my girlfriend. it's a different person in that body now.

my ex has been feeling suicidal and depressed.. she told me she started feeling it a few months before we broke up.. the thing is now that we've been broken up since new years.. she's still feeling it ? so it obviously wasn't me/you.

it does make you feel upset. we're probably more depressed than they are right now ! we've got the worry of them harming themselves.. we've got the worry of them seeing someone else.. they're taking drugs now.

you have to ask yourself why you'd take her back.. I keep questioning myself if i'd take my ex back. I loved her so much.. but the girl I loved that loved me would never put me through all of this. it's unacceptable.

the thing is is that I don't feel my ex has been 100% honest about everything. she used to be.

but now I don't know what is truth and what is lies and it plays with my head.

I can't believe 4 days ago I was sat in my car holding hands with her laughing about old times for 2 hours.. we ere cuddling she was resting her head on my shoulder saying she loves me and misses me... and then I take her home and she tells me she's not ready for a relationship she just needs to sort herself out first.. she's not interested in anybody else it's the last thing on her mind.

it's all head games. I think you're like me.. if she came back to you and swore she hadn't been with anybody else you'd want her back... but in 3 months if she comes back and she's been partying and hooking up with guys it's ruined everything? so you're kind of like trying to get her back before that happens!

I don't even know what to do at all. I was hoping to show her what I want.. be there for her through this difficult time and show that I care.. and then walk away. she's seen i'm a good person who tried... she'll realize that's really hard to find one day. as somebody else posted.. she'll be back one day and you probably won't care .. it's so sad. I hope you get her back! keep me posted.

• Like 1