"write a letter or not, pros and cons" Need Advice

Write it.... But only with the intentions of moving on, and getting this off your chest. Do not write this if you have any... and I mean any feelings deep down inside hoping that this letter will get the two of you back together...then it would be a mistake to write it at this moment. Otherwise go for it, and goodluck!

i wrote my bf a letter as well, but i feel it didnt do any good.........the response i got was "i received your letter ty" wth??????????

Well to Kodiak and all - I just sent my ex gf a letter today that said everything i feel, both good and bad. I wasn't mean at all, but at times I was very frank.

It took me a few days to write the letter because i wanted to make sure I said everything I had to say, because I will never contact her again. That's what's good about writing the letter, I know i said all that's on my mind, and now i can move on without any regrets.

I know she doesn't really care about what i had to say, but I feel better now.

I know only two things will happen from this letter:

1) She will not respond

2) She will email me and say leave her alone.

I'm prepared for both because i know she doesn't care about me anymore (it's been a month) and also, she's been with another guy immediately after we broke up.

Hey Singleman,

I am glad you wrote your letter, even if the outcome that you suggested, atleast you can move on free and clear. Now you can move on to better things.....I hope I can get through what I am going through right now....I just feel helpless and powerless....I wish time will speed up for me so that i can heal

Yeah this is killing me, I miss her still and it seems like for every high moment of feeling good i get I get like 3 low moments in my day....I wish things were different....

• Author

drjones-

Hey brother i know how you feel when you say that you have goodtimes then bad. For me it seems that the good days definately our fewer and far between than the bad ones. This has been the hardest breakup that I have ever been through. I went out on a date with a great beautifull girl but i know my heart is not ready. I still think about my ex so much. I compare this new girl to my ex and it is so wrong of me and its not fair to anyone. I still have not wrote that letter yet. Part of me is just saying screw it and forget the whole thing and just move on. The other part is saying that i know in order for me to move on, I have to get this stuff of my chest. If you read that post I wrote earlier about my ex sending me a picture with a text message, it killed me. I got so sad and just cried my eyes out for liek a hour straight. I mean she doesnt say a word to me for like three weeks and then sends me a picture of her. The hardest part is just realizing that Im sure she has moved on and could care less about me. I was down in san diego for the day and it brought back so many memories. I was with my best friend and on the way home, I just cried to him. He told me that he thinks I should definately write the letter too or call her. Im not going to call her because although she called me last, I wanna talk to her and she knows that. I just wish I could forget about her. God I just wish that. anyways I hope your hanging in there too bro, we will get through it. Take Care...Kodiak

Hey Kodiak,

Yeah I going through some hell too...I know what you mean about the picture my ex did that to me about a month ago, she sent me a pic of her and I just lost it too. I too think my ex has moved on but sometimes I think she has not, i dont know...I wish this hurt would end too....I know would have the same problems as you are having now dating, I dont know if I am good for anyone right now or ever, I dont know anymore when a girl likes me or to think that they will just leave me in the end...I just get mad thinking what am I suppoed to learn from all this, I dont know.....I am feeling better, but I guess like you I am not thinking that my ex will get bback with me and if it was meant to be she will come back, so all I am doing is fixing myself....I am just wondering if it is meant to be will she contact me? or do I have tooo...This new girl you dated, take your time when you are ready go for it..you right dont hurt anyone else right now..so take your time.....take care

HEy Kodiak,

Will you do me a favor, could you post that story about your friend that you told me about ie the one that dated this girl on/off and they got married. I have a post in the coping section, under my name...check it out I think its something we all need....take care