Why certain men hate women?

edgygirl

They exist for the same reason man haters exist. They have a bad experience or two and as a result they want to condemn the entire gender.

Lots of men hate women not because of their personal experiences, but because they have difficulty accepting the recent, altered gender roles in society. In the past, women were not normally among the competition for many jobs, or for places in college. Many men grew up counting on one day having a woman at home, keeping house for him and raising their children. Maybe even confident that at home, his word would be law. Those aren't things that can be counted upon now. And some men are reacting to it with anger and even hatred.

That's why many of the vocal misogynists around here are always hating on feminism.

Of course, these changes have not resulted in all men, or even a majority of men, hating women, but it's had that effect on some.

• Like 4

Personally I have a weird opinion on that. I love women and I would never be able to live without at least one in my life that I can care about, However I hate them and I am afraid of them because the majority of pain and suffering in my life has been caused by one woman or another.

When a mans heart gets damaged, he adds more armor so to speak

Personally I have a weird opinion on that. I love women and I would never be able to live without at least one in my life that I can care about, However I hate them and I am afraid of them because the majority of pain and suffering in my life has been caused by one woman or another.

When a mans heart gets damaged, he adds more armor so to speak

To play Devil's Advocate, both genders get hurt, and just as often for each gender it is due to their partner being reckless with their feelings.

My point is that neither gender has a monopoly on pain. From reading many of the posts from the women on here, I don't think they get this.

• Like 1
To play Devil's Advocate, both genders get hurt, and just as often for each gender it is due to their partner being reckless with their feelings.

My point is that neither gender has a monopoly on pain. From reading many of the posts from the women on here, I don't think they get this.

I could get behind this statement. Men in society these days are not allowed to express pain and suffering or emotional torment as much as women, but that does NOT mean that it is not there.

• Like 2
Lots of men hate women not because of their personal experiences, but because they have difficulty accepting the recent, altered gender roles in society. In the past, women were not normally among the competition for many jobs, or for places in college. Many men grew up counting on one day having a woman at home, keeping house for him and raising their children. Maybe even confident that at home, his word would be law. Those aren't things that can be counted upon now. And some men are reacting to it with anger and even hatred.

That's why many of the vocal misogynists around here are always hating on feminism.

Of course, these changes have not resulted in all men, or even a majority of men, hating women, but it's had that effect on some.

Exactly. There's much more to misogyny and sexism than "a woman broke my heart so I now think all women are bitches." Misogyny isn't just about dating, and it's so damn silly to reduce it to just that. If as a child you were told that you had to do the dishes, cooking, and cleaning while your brothers sat on their butts because it's a woman's job to clean and cook for men, you would find the belief that sexism stems from heartbreak and dating to be as absurd as I do.

Or is a heartbreak 40 years in the past the kind of thing that would compel a man to tell his daughter that she's not as capable as the boys at math and science and that her accomplishments won't be worth as much because she's supposed to marry a man with a career anyway? Is that it? If he hadn't been rejected sometime in his life, he wouldn't have said those things? Wow, if I ever find out who that lady was, I'll slap her in the face myself. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

I hate women who talk about misogynists. To me that just conjures images of feminism. I'm not going to read your article so summarize the points you want to talk about in your words if you want me to discuss them specifically.

Misogyny exists. Obviously. I have encountered many but only seen ONE misogynistic penis. It wasn't small. Nor was he. Both were above average at 9+ inches and 6ft 5

ROFL!

I love hearing women talk about penis sizes and how it's so obvious that they simply can't tell.

I hate women who talk about misogynists. To me that just conjures images of feminism.

Is feminism bad? :confused:

You hate women who talk about misogynist? Doesn't that make you sort of a misogynist yourself?

Haha, I'm messing with you. Except about feminism. It's not bad.

Is feminism bad? :confused:

You hate women who talk about misogynist? Doesn't that make you sort of a misogynist yourself?

Haha, I'm messing with you. Except about feminism. It's not bad.

Feminism is bad. It takes credit for things it didn't bring about.

Also I'm sure I'd be labeled a misogynist just like I'd be labeled a racist for point out how pointless and undefined that word is.

Feminism like many other Politically Correct movements has helped destroy free speech and drastically increase the power of the state. The work environment of employers being so afraid to be sued makes it so you have to be so bland and boring. It also creates a situation where the "minorities" like women can do no evil but watch out if what you say as a man get interpreted as sexist or misogynistic. It doesn't lend itself to an open dialogue so never be confused it's about that. It's about simple one sided answers to complex issues.

Men and women are different. No doubt about that statistically speaking. It's very easy to just see with your own eyes. Feminism and this "do men hate women" crap is about pulling women up at the expense of pulling men down to make us this un-natural sameness.

Gauranteed women hate much more than the other way around. I mean Mens Rights movement are generally few and its not as much about blaming a fictional matriarchy. Still I have no respect for MRA's and even less respect for feminists. All leftists intent on making hurt feelings and imagined missed opportunities the basis for destroying western culture.

• Like 2
Guys, it's easy to start analyzing what the woman who wrote the article is or is not about. But that is shooting the messenger. There are a zillion articles like this and I just picked one of the first that popped out.

I think it would be more interesting to hear what everyone thinks about the concept and the points, than to focus specifically on this article, the site name, etc. I'm interested in finding out what people feel about misogyny and why it happens.

At "40+" (amazing how everyone remembers my age when I hardly think about it), as many 20+, or 30+, I came often across this type, in dating or online, as stated in the OP. So I'm sorry, it's not that "I believe in this trash", I know it's out there.

I take the last paragraph as a reference to me having mentioned that i remember what age you have.

I honestly don't know if those conditions do identify a mysoginist, but i do know that the woman in that case is a misandrist. I would like to go even further about the use of certain terms in the article, references, and cultural background of the article's writer [which would make for some entertaining discussions on a neutral level], but i'm quite afraid that i'll get tarred and feathered should I even broach them ... so let's look at her points :

1. His penis is small, 6 inches or below for black men, like the little teapot, short and stout

Umm, i'm white and from Europe.

I don't know about the US, but 6 inches doesn't sound like small to me, and the comment in itself could be considered highly racist.

2. He hates his mother and oddly enough subconsciously blames her for his small penis

Never met a guy like this [with the penis part] but i did meet a few mysognists who did in fact hate their mothers something fierce.

In a few of those cases, i don't consider the hatred to be ... warranted, though i do have some truly horror cases [mother abandoned him at birth with father, did some ugly stuff, even a prostitute for some time].

3. He makes very little money or makes a helluva lotta money, he sees how women act with both and he hates them more

Yeah, i'd say this one is true from my experience.

4. He is very short, below 5’8, and suffers from a Napoleon Complex too, bad combo

Well, i didn't get to know them well enough to say what they suffer from, but 5'8 doesn't sound like small.

Apparently this means 1.73m ... this doesn't sound like short.

5. He was the object of constant ridicule in childhood, mostly from girls about his “weird” ways or look, or was distinctively ignored like he didn’t exist

Can hardly blame him; i can see how it might have caused something like this.

6. He was sexually abused as a child

7. His mother was a prostitute

8. He is a closeted homosexual

I love the armchair pop psychology so far.

9. He lives alone (beware of these men living alone for years and years)

What's wrong with them if they live alone for many yrs ?

It's like we need a woman in our life or else we forget what one is and how it should be treated as a delicate flower ?

10. He’s isolated, no one ever wants him on their team, or damn it, at their party if he isn’t taking photos or doing something constructive

That can also mean he's heavily introvert.

I know quite a lot of women like this, funny how i never thought they had 'behavioural problems' because of it. o.0

Crap article from crap author.

What did Lord Byron think about women?

He could be insulting about them, but he was also intensely interested in them. Love/hate relationship with female writers, for sure.

Men and women invoke strong emotions, hopes and expectations in eachother, and you can't really have all that without some negativity creeping in at times...ie when hopes/expectations are dashed.

To me, real misogyny is basically a desire to have nothing whatsoever to do with women unless it's absolutely essential (eg sex for the purposes of procreation). Misandry would be the same. A collective of women that men aren't allowed anywhere near.

To me, real misogyny is basically a desire to have nothing whatsoever to do with women unless it's absolutely essential (eg sex for the purposes of procreation). Misandry would be the same. A collective of women that men aren't allowed anywhere near.

To me real misogyny is when a woman finds it a useful tool to call some one sexist or misogynistic to get special treatment they wouldn't otherwise get. You know like suing a company for a million dollars because the boss pinched her ass. It also becomes things like suing the company because a guy made an "offensive" joke or comment. It's supposed to evoke feelings of the mean man picking on the well to do woman who would otherwise benefit society with her whit and beuauty if not being held down by the mythical patriarchy which oh no never protected society but instead retarded it.

I'm not sure though if a guy only wanting sex and no relationship makes him a woman hater, don't have a formed opinion on that yet. That would be an interesting point to discuss, from a psychological standpoint.

No, not necessarily. People are free to want what they want! As long as he's being completely honest with women, that it's casual / just for sex. My ex wasn't, even though he was only with me for that. As soon as he realized he wouldn't be sent to my country for work anymore, he dumped me.

There ARE men who do not want relationships because they hate women (even if they love sex with women). My ex is an example of that. He recently even told me outright that he hated women, that women are "trouble," etc.

• Author

Radu, haven't read all posts here yet but just want to point out that my last paragraph was about Later82012 - his post on this thread wast apparently deleted since. See, more than one person is concerned about my age :eek: haha

I take the last paragraph as a reference to me having mentioned that i remember what age you have.
Edited by edgygirl

Feminism is not a bad thing but sadly some man haters these days hide behind it and have helped to give it the image problem we see today. It is perfectly for people to be against something that is against them.

There are men who simply hate women because they can't except living in a more equal society but the most hardcore woman haters I have met are that way because of experience just as the most hardcore man haters are the same. Nothing fans the flames of hatred worse than a feeling of being wronged or victimized. It is where the anger comes from.

• Like 1
  • Author

I think I'll agree with Greznog for the first time ever! While feminism turned out great for women to assert their position and get a new role in society et all, I feel in a way that it has also destroyed our love lives :( (and well, made it easier for men avoid commitment, which is probably what Greznog is referring to).

It's not that the situation before was ideal, where women couldn't divorce and go their way, both for societal and financial reasons. But everything we knew as the norm for centuries and what society was used to regarding relationships... is gone. And in my opinion society has not adapted yet to these new societal roles and reality. It's like we're in the middle of a hurricane. People are really confused about their roles and what is expected of them. Both men and women. Most don't know what is the path to find happiness anymore. Or how to behave with the new roles of the other gender (both male and female). Maybe that's why most people are so frustrated with dating these days? Maybe that's why we are creating a generation with lots of misogynists? And, as you say, misandrists? (I had never heard the term before today).

In a way, we could perhaps say it was probably easier when we had roles and rules. Not that I'd like to go back, but I wish we are going in the direction to find a better way to relate to each other.

I've never understood men who were against feminism. It's pretty fantastic.
Edited by edgygirl
  • Like 1

It's not equality and feminism in and of themselves that are bad. It is the fact that in some ways feminism has been misused by many people plus the fact that it is not just men who have a hard time adjusting to new gender roles. Men get a lot of mixed message these days about what women want from them and it has left many confused.

I read an article today about a feminist author who fell in love with an obviously chauvinistic Fox News loving cowboy who cheated on her which she excused and stuff like that leaves many enlightened men just scratching their heads.

I agree, I very much dislike the men-hating part on certain feminist discourses.

It is doing to feminism what the religious right is doing to Christianity. There are more atheists than ever right now and you can thank those who use religion as an excuse to hate gays and control women's bodies for that fact and you can thank those who use feminism as an excuse to hate men for why so many men and a good number of women think it is simply a hate movement.

• Like 1

Some men hate women, but not because we dislike feminism, but because we believe in it. Many men believe in equality and respect women completely. Then, all of a sudden the women who claim to believe in equality decide the man should be the breadwinner after all, while she chooses whether to work full time, part time, or not at all. No choice for the man of course. Many women feel the man should use his body as a human shield during emergencies like fire and bullets flying, should pay for dates just because, yet should also be sensitive when she demands it. A woman who gets acquitted of murder because her hormones made her do it has far less testosterone in her body than a man, but of course a man can never use his hormones as an excuse for anything, even minor things. How many men were killed during WW2? 50 million, 150 million wounded maybe. A man who believes in equality is met by a world that believes men are just disposable, like an old tampon. Why sacrifice your life for a woman when she'd never do the same? No need to love a woman who looks at you as a walking wallet. Just get what you can get sexually, and look out for #1 like women do. If you've ever seen a girl at her Sweet 16 or a woman at her wedding, they're in an ego soaked world of their own, a princess who takes it all but gives nothing in return. Women are entitled to be given everything while men just give. Injustice sucks, so men say the hell with it.

• Like 3
  • Author

crude - do you really believe no women would give her life for others or for her man? And that women usually decide by themselves whether she should work or not without talking to their partners? And that women think men are disposable? :eek:

Didn't your mother do everything she could for you? Don't we give support, love, do the biggest sacrifices for men and our families including working full time jobs, taking care of the house, carrying your (our) child, be a mom 24/7, and still have to look beautiful and so on?

Perhaps a few men suffer from a one-sided view on things? I don't know about other women, but I very much appreciate a lot of the things men have done for me in my life and I sure hope they appreciate the things we do for them.

:eek:

Didn't your mother do everything she could for you? Don't we give support, love, do the biggest sacrifices for men and our families including working full time jobs, taking care of the house, carrying your (our) child, be a mom 24/7, and still have to look beautiful and so on?

180 degrees apart. In 16 years, I didn't see my mother do 16 minutes of work. I once asked her why she didn't get a job since I was in school all day. She said why get married if you have to work? She was lazy, and I would've liked to have seen less of her and more of my father, who did all the work. Who says the mother at home and the man working is the ideal? I like both people being partners, but men rarely are allowed to be an equal in his own home.

There are plenty of women who truly are interested in an equal partnership. Not all women are like Crude's mother. I am aware there are some who simply view men as a walking wallet but men should do their best to stay away from those types. They are not hard to spot so avoid them. Not all women think like that.

• Like 2