top 5 major red flag signs early dating (for guys)

rn0408

I agree with everything you just said, and that's cool. But the reason I didn't bring up men is because I'm not looking to date them. Thread topic was specifically aimed at men and what their red flags are. I listed mine. I couldn't care less about men being attention whores because I'm not looking to date them.

It's not about who you're looking to date -- or what your red flags are. It's about your characterization of the majority of women. You described this as "typical" female behaviour. That is what I take issue with. There is absolutely no proof that this is typical female behaviour, or that this is a gender-specific problem. Or, for that matter, that you can tell a woman's character from the gender count of her friends. That is the point.

5. She doesn't want you to bring condoms anymore because she claims she is on the pill. Bring and use one and proceed with caution.

standard procedure

aussietigerwolf

My red flags.

Anyone who considers kids baggage

Anyone who thinks its their business what medication you're on.

It's not about who you're looking to date -- or what your red flags are. It's about your characterization of the majority of women. You described this as "typical" female behaviour. That is what I take issue with. There is absolutely no proof that this is typical female behaviour, or that this is a gender-specific problem. Or, for that matter, that you can tell a woman's character from the gender count of her friends. That is the point.

Eh, it's just my practice. I have yet to be burned by my list of requirements. When in doubt, always go with your gut ;)

Anyways, I don't have anything more to add so I bid you farewell for now my lady :p

Under The Radar

His posts and tone have not been misogynistic in this thread, yet your responses imply this to be the case. Judging from your posting history and username some men HAVE treated you poorly. However, rest assured we are not beating up on women in this thread. I think you are projecting quite a bit here.

• Like 1
Or it could be generational. Most women my age who have more male friends, whether on facebook or in real life are massive attention whores. Just the way things are. The girls that have 500+ profile photos and when they get a comment on one of their pictures from one of those men, something like "you're gorgeous!", they ignore it. I don't know if it's anecdotal, I'm sure most men, and some (honest) women have run into this type on facebook before.

True true. Im in my mid 20s and our generation is called the Me (Narcissist) Generation. For men and women. Men my age who have mostly female friends tend to be like this too. Huge flirts, attention whores, external validation seekers. I weed these men out in dating because I dont want to deal with these traits.

I say tend because I do know two who arent...but thats because they have more feminine than masculine qualities (nope, arent gay either) and have issues creating friendships with men. Dont think these men are the norm though

• Like 1

Probably off topic but worth telling.

I was at a bar over the weekend and chatted up a 40 yr old woman. She told me how in her 20's she partied. In her 30's she was ready to settle and married. Now, she's divorced.

I asked her if she had all of this planned out, except of course being divorced, and she answered yes. She believed she could party away up until 30 and date whomever she wanted. By 30 she would pick the guy who gave her the most security, she did, and would start a family with him and be set for life. The problem: she thought it would all work out according to plan. It didn't. While she did have her "fun" with men, all she did was settle for a guy whom she didn't love.

The moral of this: if you're a girl in your mid to late 20's, don't believe you can have your cake and eat, too. Have fun while you're young, but DO NOT expect to simply stop this lifestyle, land the the man of your dreams when you're ready to settle, and walk off into the sunset. This 40 yr old woman I met is reality. I laugh now when I meet girls 25-29 as I see their future in the 40 yr old woman.

I'm still reeling from the idea that Pinterest has made girls crazy and unstable.

We certainly are a fragile bunch of people …

Pinterest?

Anyone who has all opposite gender friends and no or very few same gender friends is a red flag, not one of the biggest ones, but a significant one. I wouldn't walk over just that, but it has always accompanied more issues IME.

EDIT: I don't even know what pinterest is. Never heard of it til this thread :laugh:

• Like 1

Having professional photo shots of yourself, as in way too many, and posting them all over your Facebook for people you know, and strangers to look at, is quite disturbing.

When I meet someone I honestly go right for the Facebook to see if I can get an idea of who they are, a sense of what they are really like. I believe girls are the same when it comes to guys, too.

I just put a picture of a flock of sheep eating a human being up on Pinterest. Do you think that's a red flag?

• Like 2
  • Author
I just put a picture of a flock of sheep eating a human being up on Pinterest. Do you think that's a red flag?

No, I don't see that being a big issue.

I post recipes, workout routines and random funny crap on mine...I wonder what people think when they see it. This has got me thinking...

Here are my top 5 major early red flag warning signs that will save you a waste of time and money and you need to RUN:

This assumes you know what my goals are.

1 Pinterest.. Guys' date=' if you are interested in a woman and ask her out on a date, look at her pinterest profile first. [/quote']

I could care less if she has pictures of men on leashes while she holds $$$ sign bags and diamond wedding rings on her pinterest.

2. Settling down: If on the first date or even few months before a committed relationship.. she says she wants to start a family and settle down...RUN

I'd like a family and to settle down some day. A few months into the relationship is committed. Serious you act like she's having a conversation about who the hottest celebs are. I'd be flattered. On a first date I'd feel like she was a bit of a commitment slut if she started talking about us having a family. Crazy chics can be hottt thought!

3. Wedding Ring: If she tells you what type of wedding ring she wants..ever in your relationship..even comitted..GET OUT

This makes no sense.

4. All she talks about is her ex's..shes a clinger

This is more of a deal breaker than a red flag. You also seemed so much more passionate about RUNNING and GET OUT NOW for stuff like commitment and jewelry but for this you're like "talks about other men non stop ... clinger..."

5. She doesn't want you to bring condoms anymore because she claims she is on the pill. Bring and use one and proceed with caution.

Girl that doesn't want me using condoms anymore... JACKPOT!!! I see where you're going with this she's trying to secretly get pregnant. I HATE CONDOMS though.

This Thread is hillarious. The most responses are from women how feel offended when a guy post his personal red flag.

I don't have major red flags, it all depend on what kind of dating we are doing. For example: when i date a girl but i don't see any future in it ( always say this upfront!), but we agree to have fun for the time being, then i don't care if there are 25 red flags.

When we are serious dating then I'm more focussed on the traits we share then on the red flags. Yet I like to stay reserved when a girl has mostly or only male friends. Also a girl who tells she cheated (and yes i know a girls how tolled me this) in most of her previous relationships is also a great red flag, but it won't probably even get that far that the relationship becomes serious.

Here are my top 5 major early red flag warning signs that will save you a waste of time and money and you need to RUN:

1 Pinterest.. Guys, if you are interested in a woman and ask her out on a date, look at her pinterest profile first. If you are dating, or are about to start dating, If she has pictures of her future wedding ring(s), and wedding dresses...RUN and never contact her again..maybe get an attourney on speed dial. She is desperate for anything.

2. Settling down: If on the first date or even few months before a committed relationship.. she says she wants to start a family and settle down...RUN

3. Wedding Ring: If she tells you what type of wedding ring she wants..ever in your relationship..even comitted..GET OUT

4. All she talks about is her ex's..shes a clinger

If you have to get to know a chick by her Pinterest -- you should break up with her...WTH

• Like 1

I would also add: travels a lot for business. Goes on vacations with her girlfriends to Vegas, Miami and other hook up spots.

I would also add: travels a lot for business. Goes on vacations with her girlfriends to Vegas, Miami and other hook up spots.

Yes... Don't date girls with a healthy social life. Vacations... Oh no. You better not even think of going on a fishing trip or to golf ever. Why should people be social.

• Author
I post recipes, workout routines and random funny crap on mine...I wonder what people think when they see it. This has got me thinking...

I don't see that being a big issue and I'm a guy.

• Author
If you have to get to know a chick by her Pinterest -- you should break up with her...WTH

It will save you a lot of trouble before you ask around and start finding out she/he has issues. You don't want to jump the gun and always take things slow in the beginning. Pinterest is a MAJOR RED FLAG indicator if you ask me.

It will save you a lot of trouble before you ask around and start finding out she/he has issues. You don't want to jump the gun and always take things slow in the beginning. Pinterest is a MAJOR RED FLAG indicator if you ask me.

I wouldn't know. I don't have one and plus I don't date chicks -- since I am one.

• Author
I wouldn't know. I don't have one and plus I don't date chicks -- since I am one.

So far I am 3/3 with girls making advances on me on these (I knew them way before hand though friends):

(1) have wedding pics

(2) have wedding rings

(3) 1/3 has a future baby crib

All 3 I asked around about their character or what they thought...major red flags about them.

Already guys are picking up on this..I ask some buddies of mine with crazy girls they know...they all have wedding pics, wedding rings, and sometimes a baby crib as well (19 for 19)...should I write a thesis?