How did the Holy Spirit "conceive" Jesus?

Some people lack the ability to see past language and culture.

"Yeah, man, the Bible cant be true because it doesn't mention dinosaurs!" (I've actually heard that one numerous time.)

"UFOs aren't in the Bible because it doesn't mention them." (Even though it uses the word chariot dozens of times and its clearly not a ground chariot.)

So basically...because the Bible doesn't include a 1000 page treatise on quantum mechanics, it can't be true. That's what their argument boils down to.

Dude. The Bible does not talk about UFOs. You'd think that with angels, Moses splitting the Red Sea and Jesus curing the blind you'd have had enough, but you want UFOs now?

I'm not sure why you'd include this in your post anyway.

• Author
Dude. The Bible does not talk about UFOs. You'd think that with angels, Moses splitting the Red Sea and Jesus curing the blind you'd have had enough, but you want UFOs now?

I'm not sure why you'd include this in your post anyway.

My point is that the SAME things are going on today that went on in Biblical times. How is it that all Christians claim they believe in all the accounts of angels appearing, doing miracles, etc, yet when you say the SAME thing is going on today, people either think you're demon-possessed or a fringe-type person. I suggest to you that people DO NOT believe these things actually happened in Scripture, but they've tucked them into the category of "mythology which has a good moral story".