What A Crappy Day It's Been

amaysngrace

Start going for lots of walks. It's what saved my DD22 - all the walks/talks we had, where she was able to get out all her feelings and frustrations in a non-confrontational environment.

• Like 2
  • Author

Well last night she had a meltdown just thinking about school today. :(

So I didn't send her and contacted the facility she just came out of. Turns out they weren't all that great. She was mostly talking with a social worker and occasionally a nurse practitioner. She wasn't on meds so she'd only see an actual doctor for about three minutes a day, enough for them to get paid by insurance. :mad:

The very first question I asked the social worker prior to her release was about school. I asked now what and she assured me that she had the coping skills needed to stand up for herself. Apparently not because she was freaking out just thinking about going back. Today on the phone the SW said she never knew my daughter was being bullied. She said my daughter never told her. I told her my daughters 14...wasn't it her job to ask the child about school? Then she changed her story and said they did speak about it. And she thinks she had the tools she needed. Pure incompetence. And this is the best in the state? Unbelievable. Her guidance counselor at school thought that she would benefit from staying out of school until after Christmas break and enter into a program called Homeward Bound where teachers come to the house and she can do most of her assignments online. The facility wouldn't sign the paperwork for it.

So I took her to her pediatrician today. He is wonderful and took care of everything for her entry into the school program. He also gave me names of good doctors, not the mickeymouse people they were trying to get her to follow up with. Probably more social workers. :mad:

No offense to social workers but these people I dealt with were not as good at helping my daughter as their brochure would lead you to believe. I want doctors. I want the best. She's my kid and what do I have insurance for if I'm getting social program quality?

Not to knock the one but there is a difference. And they're billing my insurance top dollar. It's outrageous.

But so anyway, after the doctors we went to see my parents because my daughter missed them and she got the plate of food my mom froze from thanksgiving dinner and we even scored their artificial Christmas tree. My mom said she didn't want it because it had flood water on it but its a killer tree. I've put dirtier live trees in my home.

We're getting a movie and making cocoa and are going to decorate it tonight. The day turned out pretty well despite everything and I realized her school and her pediatrician care about her well-being more than the wellness center does.

Whatever. She's not going back there. :)

• Like 1

A person close to me is sung the Homward Bound program and another graduated from a similar program and is currently enrolled at Pratt.

Sometimes the school atmosphere is just too hostile , it doesnt mean there is a damn thing wrong except that. I'm thrilled for your girl. X

• Like 1

Really sorry to hear this. Didn't know it was happening so I'm finally sending supportive vibes your way. :(

I'm so glad she's home and that you're taking good care of her.

• Like 1

Great job! She's lucky to have you.

DD22 dated an abusive boy one summer, broke free of him, and the next year she did tons of research and created a PowerPoint presentation on teen dating abuse. It was so good that the school asked her to present it to all the girls.

Maybe it would help her to tackle bullying that way.

• Like 1
Great job! She's lucky to have you.

DD22 dated an abusive boy one summer, broke free of him, and the next year she did tons of research and created a PowerPoint presentation on teen dating abuse. It was so good that the school asked her to present it to all the girls.

Talk about empowerment!!!

• Like 1
  • Author

She may. She just got her GPA in the mail. It's a 4.5. It must be her schedule that has her scoring so high. She's all Honors and her Spanish is Honors II and she's a freshman. She amazes me. With everything going on she's still such a high achiever.

Glad to hear there are options out there to keep her safe. When she's stronger, you might want to look into other activities (sports, arts, dance, riding, whatever she may be interested in) that can help her develop some positive peer relationships. Relationships that will help reinforce how wonderful she is instead of trying to tear her down.

Is the school addressing the bullying behavior? I know she's not going anymore, but she's not likely to be their only victim.

More good ideas. :)

I have to file a HIB report and law enforcement will get involved. It's bad for the one chick. She's a senior (the girl her age's big sister) and she may be 18. So yeah, not only does my daughter catch crap from the girl her age but gets it from her senior big sister too.

It makes me want to go knock on their door and punch their mother in the face.

But anyway, I spoke with her guidance counselor today and we have a meeting early Monday morning. It may be bad for this one girl, she's an adult so it may be on her permant record and it may be more severe for her. It could also get worse for my daughter before its gets better too though. :(

I'll know more about how it works on Monday.

• Like 1

Well, you can BET I'd be talking to the girl's mother, no matter what. She needs to hear what her 'baby' is doing. Actually, the DAD needs to hear it.

• Like 1