2 years past, give me my own words :)

Oh ya also. Geegirl. If my ex came back and broke up with me tomorrow I'd TRY to be fit as a fiddle because I don't want my emotions controlling me.

Good for you!!:bunny:

I'm not going to indulge the petty back and forth and derail flitz's thread. Good luck to you.

Edited by geegirl
^^^Sarcasm. I'm not going to indulge the petty back and forth and derail flitz's thread. Good luck to you.

I was being serious. How does what I wrote come off as sarcasm. Mocking maybe, but not sarcasm. I sense a lot of anger in you.

I consider what we're doing as beneficial for flitz. He gets to see two points of view then he can take what he knows about himself to make a rational choice.

I was being serious. How does what I wrote come off as sarcasm. Mocking maybe, but not sarcasm. I sense a lot of anger in you.

I consider what we're doing as beneficial for flitz. He gets to see two points of view then he can take what he knows about himself to make a rational choice.

You were serious???? Then, really, good for you!! It's unbelievable for one to make such a statement but more power to you!

I'm not angry. I just don't think it's good form to throw "pussy" comments and question the ability to be a man when someone is struggling with an emotional issue. It's speaks of immaturity.

Again, I am not going to derail Flitz's thread.

• Author

hahah i'm glad this turned into such a lively debate!

also no worries about "being a pussy". i know exactly what you meant and that it was never insulting.

the other thing is, i've seen the band like 4 times already, just got back from a weekend vacation and spent lots of money, and just spent MORE on halloween makeup.

i don't HAVE to see this concert, didn't even love the last album, and just the slightest part of me wants to go, but all my friends have backed out as it is.

so for me now it's more dealing with the anxiety plus going alone, though i always know people whereever i go but without a real "support" group it could get to me.

the actual desire to go is far less balanced than dealing with potential drama and awkward situations. i can save the $30, listen to the cd, and just go out tomorrow night knowing i won't bump into her. haha.

it's very cool though, to see interactions on MY thread! it's been so long since i've bothered having one. haha.

Halloween makeup!? I just spent $150 on a Black Widow suit and $40 on a red wig! Talk about spending!

Debate or not, it's good that you've resolved it in your own head.

• Author

It has been a light year since i have a lot of product already, i think i've only spent a little over $250 on makeup so far :D

I'm working with PlatSil Gel 10 silicone this year for my makeup.

It has been a light year since i have a lot of product already, i think i've only spent a little over $250 on makeup so far :D

I'm working with PlatSil Gel 10 silicone this year for my makeup.

If my ignorance serves me right, is that the stuff you see on Face Off? If so, you're a ahead of the polyester people like me! Love the show.

Simon Phoenix

After two years, f--k it and enjoy the concert. No need to let her dictate your life. You've healed and moved on, what better way to show that?

• Author
If my ignorance serves me right, is that the stuff you see on Face Off? If so, you're a ahead of the polyester people like me! Love the show.

yeah, when they talk about doing things "in silicone" that's what they use, otherwise it would be in foam latex or slip latex.

:)

and ultimately, i just came home and went to bed. haha. my body clock chose for me this round. i was too exhausted to even bother. i might be getting old if sleep on a worknight is more important than going out...uh oh.

but again, everyone, thanks, this was a fun convo, especially from all the regulars and folks i've spoken to privately about their own stuff!

Face your fears.

So what are you going to do? Avoid going to places where she could possibly be for the rest of your life?

She does not exist! PERIOD!

Don't let her existence stop you from doing what you want to do in life.

• Like 1
  • Author
Just go. You'll be fine. :)

haha i'm lazy. it's happening right now and i'm just going to bed :p

• Like 1
Feelings are real, yes. But we should never be controlled by them.

You are controlled by them if you do something silly just to "face your fears".

If you're an agoraphobic and don't leave the house, then facing your fears makes sense because it serves a liberating and constructive purpose.

Deliberately facing your ex and ripping the wound wide open because you do it before you're ready, then going home and drinking yourself into oblivion or spending the next few days in a dysfunctional state, does not make sense and certainly doesn't demonstrate strength.

You are controlled by them if you do something silly just to "face your fears".

If you're an agoraphobic and don't leave the house, then facing your fears makes sense because it serves a liberating and constructive purpose.

Deliberately facing your ex and ripping the wound wide open because you do it before you're ready, then going home and drinking yourself into oblivion or spending the next few days in a dysfunctional state, does not make sense and certainly doesn't demonstrate strength.

Look, it seems to me that flitz is a strong individual. With plenty of time gone by. He's not in the beginning stages of grief. Sure people move on at different paces, but I figure he's in a good enough place. Who said anything about deliberately seeing his ex. He was going to a freakin concert, not a one on one dinner date. How do you know the wound would've been ripped wide open?

Maybe going to the concert and having a great time could've been liberating and constructive!

And I'm pretty sure he would not have been in a dysfunctional state. That's a little extreme. Sure he might have felt bad, but he also might have felt nice and liberated. We will never know cuz he's was being lazy;)

• Author

yeah, calico, hinnaticus and i have chatted before, so his words aren't exactly generalized for me, cuz he kinda knows and gets my sitch :)

although i do love others coming to my rescue...flattery gets you everywhere with me. haha.

more i thought on it though it just would have been abrasive seeing her. i don't think i'd spiral, but i think it would annoy me and just make me irritable for a while, and i just don't want that right now. i'll have more opportunity to go face that fear. it's a small town, i'm honestly surprised after 2 years we haven't crossed paths.

NEXT TIME i go and face my fear. ;p

yeah, calico, hinnaticus and i have chatted before, so his words aren't exactly generalized for me, cuz he kinda knows and gets my sitch :)

although i do love others coming to my rescue...flattery gets you everywhere with me. haha.

more i thought on it though it just would have been abrasive seeing her. i don't think i'd spiral, but i think it would annoy me and just make me irritable for a while, and i just don't want that right now. i'll have more opportunity to go face that fear. it's a small town, i'm honestly surprised after 2 years we haven't crossed paths.

NEXT TIME i go and face my fear. ;p

Now that's the spirit!!

I know it's easy for me to say cuz I have to face my fear 2-3 times a week.