So much negativity- is it always the end?

Simon Phoenix

While some posters are over the top in criticizing the OP, their general premise is right -- if a woman (or man for that matter) wants to be with you, she'll be with you. They won't sit there wanting to be with you on the inside while completely shunning you on the outside. It's just the way it is. While it gives us hope to think that "they really want to be with us deep down", that just isn't the case. If the dumper isn't contacting you, it's because they presently don't want you.

• Like 1

5. You barely knew this girl

I usually value everything you say gibson, but this is wrong.

Why do people under-estimate months in relationships?... 4 months or 4 years, you can fall just as hard.

Why do people under-estimate months in relationships?... 4 months or 4 years, you can fall just as hard.

Theres a saying

"Look before you leap"

You shouldnt be leaping blindly into relationships. He did, she didnt.

4 months? Give me a break.

Well I'd disagree.. 4 years of memories and moments vs 4 months... I think 4 years is MUCH more painful.

Because there are so many future plans that come with it. 4 months for me would be the entry phase... just learning about the person.

4 years is a huge commitment and something went wrong and everything you planned and hoped is gone. thats 4 years worth of vacation trips, birthdays, christmas, new years etc...

A lot depends on the relationship, I mean in many 4 year ones people had to see it coming and I'm sure in many cases knew the relationship was going to come to a end. Meanwhile a shorter one your just as the point of knowing them and if youre really hitting it off it can be a huge surprise. 4 months isn't a long time but it depends how much time you spent together, people in a 4 month could be together more then others that have been together for a year.

Simon Phoenix

It depends on the relationship. I've had shorter ones that I've taken a while to get past and I've had longer ones that I got over relatively quickly. Depends on your feelings at the time of the break and the nature of the break. I'd say in general the longer the relationship the more cathartic the break, but that's not an across-the-board thing, at least in my experience.

Why so negative you ask? A lot of people have been hurt badly on here. A lot of people have to see their ex with someone else, sometimes they find out the ex was seeing both people at once. Sure you can hope for a recon. But not everyone actually deserves a recon. How much time are you willing to waste waiting for an ex? Forever? What if they never want to come back? Will you regret wasting your life waiting?