Genital Mutilation in Marriage

strongnrelaxed

No idea why people watch trash TV and then, take it seriously. It's much like climbing on soap boxes about Two and a Half Men. Like WTH?

No idea why people watch trash TV and then, take it seriously. It's much like climbing on soap boxes about Two and a Half Men. Like WTH?

No, it's not.

A panel of women plus an entire audience both laugh and take pleasure from the mutilation of a man's genitals.

Another woman is rewarded with money and celebrity status for mutilating a mans genitals.

It's no sit com. It's not pretend. It's a sign of something wrong in society.

Last time I saw anything like that was in very uncivilsed part of the world. Even there you would be hard pushed to find a few hundred men in the same place that found it funny. Or see the mutilator put on a stage and given money to talk about it as a form of entertainment.

Well it's a good thing the phrase "punch her in the ovaries" or gifs displaying domestic violence against women, don't exist as humor in cyberspace or were and still are rampant in 1950s style comedy. :rolleyes:

Like I said prior. Watching trash TV or hitting up sites like 4chan and reddit where the 12 year olds roam free, doesn't mean that's representative of real life. If that were the case, then LS must be representative of an unfortunate society where realistically, it's that LS draws people in pain at their worst or dating world outliers.

He's clearly been manipulated passed the point of acknowledging the manipulation. :p:lmao:

Just what I was thinking. He was housebroken before she got him. :D

I will admit, during my days of regular T.V viewing, I was brainwashed to find a man being kicked in the groin comical. Now I've gained a little insight into equality and justice, as well as being on the receiving end of such comedy (Ouch), I realize that it's just not funny. I'm constantly flipping the genders when things like this occur and if I don't like it when the roles are reversed, then I'll cease to find humour or agree with the conventional.

In regards to Sharon Osbourne, I used to be neutral in what I thought of her. After seeing this though, I do feel strong disdain for her as a person and that's likely to be permanent now.

I think shes got penis envy. Think about it. Her only claim to fame has been blowing Ozzy for 40 years or so.

Well it's a good thing the phrase "punch her in the ovaries" or gifs displaying domestic violence against women, don't exist as humor in cyberspace or were and still are rampant in 1950s style comedy. :rolleyes:

Like I said prior. Watching trash TV or hitting up sites like 4chan and reddit where the 12 year olds roam free, doesn't mean that's representative of real life. If that were the case, then LS must be representative of an unfortunate society where realistically, it's that LS draws people in pain at their worst or dating world outliers.

And so an intelligent woman that comments that a woman that cuts a man penis off is on "even keel" with her victim.... and yourself, another intelligent woman that compares this to a sit com and suggests people should turn a blind eye or not take it seriously, is not representative of real life either?

I never used to pay attention to things like this but lately I've been noticing it a lot. It isn't happening in a dark, nasty little corner of the internet. Nowhere on TV have I seen large groups of men taking pleasure from a man who muitlates his wife. Nowhere have I seen a man who does be allowed to continue his career. Nowhere have I seen a man that mutilates his wife earn money and fame and be celebrated by other men for his crime within the primetime national media. The only place that attitude can have a voice is in dark, nasty little parts of the internet or off in a cruel, brutal part of the world.

This isn't a commonplace occurance, and it's not somethiong I particulary get my knickers in a twist about, but the fact men are told to not take it seriously and that it can be shrugged off, compared to a sit com or even justified by women, does show an underlying mentality and tolerance for male suffering that isn't very pretty.

Were this a bunch of cackling men laughing because a man had cut off his wife's breasts, there is no way I would try to belittle, deflect, downgrade or "roll eyes" at the disgust and concern of women that it is tolerated on TV and sent into homes all over the country as entertainment. Neither would I justify the fame and fortune found from committing such an act. That's the kind of behavior that bothers me more than the idiots on TV and you've just shown it as real life. Or should I ignore it because it was written on the internet and therefore not indicative of real life?

• Like 1
  • Author
strongnrelaxed
Not all of us hate the opposite sex as you seem to do. And to perpetuate that belief is irresponsible.

How the hell did you get someone to thumb this up?!!

Did you watch that video Carrie? Please tell me that you watched the video. That you saw the entire audience and all the female hosts laughing hysterically at this disgusting news piece. Please tell me that you did not simply chime in on such a delicate and serious matter without watching the video or doing some research.

Please - I am asking as humble as a man can ask. Tell me that you did not do this.

• Author
strongnrelaxed
Carrie T does not hate men. If she did I would willingly call her out but she doesn't.

This is just typical lowest common denominator daytime TV crap. If I were a woman I would be embarrassed at the crap the networks try to sell me during the day.

Sorry Woggle. This is a bigger problem than was presented in the Sharon Osborne video. The entire piece spelled this out quite clearly I thought. It could have been an hour long documentary.

This is one of a handful of strange and bizarre artifacts of modern American culture. Men have done horrendous things to women and each other - but that is usually soundly and generally despised when it is called out.

This isn't what I saw in the video. Perhaps you had some other experience, but I thought it was quite clear - this is not just mainstream media crap - this is most of America crap.

• Like 1
  • Author
strongnrelaxed
I agree... the trouble is - it happens to women, all the time. Young girls in third-world countries are being mutilated like this every day.

Where is the outcry now?

Tara, there is a great outcry over this from both men and women. I find this deeply disturbing. But this is one of a number of bizarre religious and tribal customers in the world. Oddly it is the women who do the mutilation to girls there. I am not aware of men making this mandatory, so I cannot speak to the origins of the custom.

You should also know that a significant percentage of little boys in America are subject to horrible genital mutilation every day in hospitals across the country. They slice the skin off of the penises of little brand new baby boys with no anesthesia, no chance to refuse or beg for mercy. It is just a "custom" to cut the most sensitive skin on a newborn baby's genitals.

So let's make a deal - let's end genital mutilation in America, then go over to Africa and see what can be done over there.

Deal?

• Author
strongnrelaxed
Mr Bobbit made a small fortune out of it, so I reckon Mr & Mrs are on an even keel there....

You did not just say this. Hardly a thread goes by where some ridiculous hateful comment is made by someone as if it is just another day in the park.

I can only assume that you do not get how bad this is. Do you walk around calling black people the "N" word? Be honest, are you racist? Do you hate Jews too?

Making light of a man getting his penis cut off is the very topic of this thread. You just did this above whether you realize it or not. I expect an apology to every man here for this disgusting comment Tara.

• Author
strongnrelaxed
In this case I would be in favor of some penises being shot off

DUDE WTF? I just posted this and here you are advocating for more genital mutilation. Really?

What the hell is wrong with people? Do you see how pervasive and disgusting this is? It seems so easy to just go there.

Good god man, please give this a rest - and in the very thread about this being a problem!

So let's make a deal - let's end genital mutilation in America, then go over to Africa and see what can be done over there.

Deal?

To be fair SnR, the actual act of genital mutilation (as in cases like Bobbitt or Kieu Becker) are very rare. There will always be nasty people out there. The reaction when it happens is the problem.

I must admit, when I first saw that clip of Osbourne, or saw that Lorena Bobbitt was on chat shows I didn't think much of it. Yeah, I considered it out of order but no real big deal. It's only when you reverse the genders you realise how truly f*cked up our society and mentality actually is. Even worse is that when someone does stop to think twice, they can still shrug it off as akin to a sit com. Funny, pretend, a piece of slapstick or satire, not real life and nothing to complain about. That's a hell of a disconnect, and one based upon gender.

That Bobbitt woman should be in prison, not on TV. The "fabulous" Osbourne and her cronies should never be seen on TV again.

We hear stories from other parts of the world where a woman is shot in the vagina, or maybe has her nose or lips cut off by her husband and we are all disgusted. We simper that something must be done about their society. Yet when similar happens to a man over here.....

A while back, in England, a girl had acid poured over her face by a jilted boyfriend. It caused terrible injuries. Can you imagine an audience full of laughing men, or the guilty man paid to giggle on TV?

A society sicker than it's sickest individual. Yes?

• Like 1
The majority of men in that country don't have a clue it goes on and if they do, they could care less.

but somehow, there's always a huge furore FOR the practice, when the subject of male circumcision is brought up - which is about as unlike female circumcision as you could get. Men actually become quite defensive when people speak out against Male Circumcision. Circumcised men protest their right to do the same to their sons, too....

What a weird paradox that is....

Male circumcision is far less disruptive though. Female circumcision on the other hand makes sex painful and not enjoyable. Besides, male circumcision is linked with certain medical benefits as well..

I do think that male circumcision is essentially mutilation, but it's not the same as female circumcision at all.

• Like 2

I am the first to take misandrist hypocrisy to task but male circumcision is not mutilation. Way before feminism there was a time when damn near all men were circumcised. It is still very common in the Jewish religion and the more orthodox sects are very patriarchal.

I do believe that men who rape and mutilate little girls should be punished in the most brutal way. I think all rapists and molestors should be treated like that. I hope Jerry Sandusky is brutalized every day of his life in prison.

The case talked about in this clip though was a simply a guy who wanted a divorce his wife was nuts which certainly warrants prison time for her.

The majority of men in that country don't have a clue it goes on and if they do, they could care less.

but somehow, there's always a huge furore FOR the practice, when the subject of male circumcision is brought up - which is about as unlike female circumcision as you could get. Men actually become quite defensive when people speak out against Male Circumcision. Circumcised men protest their right to do the same to their sons, too....

What a weird paradox that is....

It's always an interesting paradox, in that there are always people of a certain gender who perpetuate backwards beliefs and traditions towards their own gender. I've read several articles talking about how some of the strongest proponents for female mutilation (foot binding, female circumcision, etc) are the girls' mothers themselves. I guess it has to do with the incredibly backwards mentality of 'I did it and my life turned out to be good, so you my daughter had better do it for your own sake as well.' You see men espousing this belief on this very forum, regarding what they would do with their own sons and circumcision. Pretty darn amazing.

That being said, I agree that female 'circumcision' and male circumcision are entirely and completely different . Still, it doesn't excuse making permanent changes to one's children's body, even if those changes are 'less' harmful than some others!

• Like 3