I had a growth spurt! I am 22!

If you measure yourself in the morning, you will be taller by half an inch or so because your spine decompresses at night.

I actually take that height as my height.

But the point is, depending on when you measure yourself, it could give you the impression that you are growing.

Although I am not going to call BS on your recent "growth spurt", you do realize that elongation of the body actually involves the long bones right?

And at the end of those long bones, you have these things called growth plates. Once most people reach their 20s, those growth plates have fused. The bones will NOT elongate.

You cannot just "kick start" a growth spurt by eating more. It is physiologically impossible.

But what do I know, I'm just a samosa technician. :D

• Author

Bumping this thread. My strength gains in the gym keep going up. I am now 5'8 on the dot. So I grew about 1/4 or 1/2 of an inch since the last post of this thread!

Im such a boss!

Ten bucks says he goes for his physical and gets measured at 5'6 or 5'7 xD

IDK I heard op was 5'5 tops. He keeps buying bigger shoes, true story.

Plus 5'8 is still short either way. Just to feed you crap,FYI

I actually grew in my late teens/early twenties. I don't know where you're getting your scientific facts from!!!

Same here ..

ScreamingTrees

I was told growing even a half inch after 18 would be like winning the lottery..

Well, then I won the lottery twice in the last year, and I'm still putting money down for another winning ticket or two. Those closest to me have mentioned that I've grown taller in the last year, without me even saying anything.. They never say that, I doubt they'd have to lie.

I say one's growth patterns are the best indicator of the likelihood of future growth. If it happened consistently in your past, it's more likely than not to continue happening until you're sure all growth has ceased completely. If it hasn't, anything's possible.

My growth has always been gradual.. Maybe an inch or two every two or three years. If the absolute cut-off for a guy to grow is his early twenties, I definitely feel my body's not done yet.

To contrast this, my two friends shot up to 6" and 6'2 respectively, but have barely changed since then. I've definitely done a lot of catching up and the only way I'll know if I've stopped is if a year or two from now I'm still the same height at that point. And even then, freaky **** can happen to the rare individual.

I actually grew in my late teens/early twenties. I don't know where you're getting your scientific facts from!!!

i stopped growing when i got my first period at age 13. my mom and sisters also stopped growing when they got their first period.

Menstruation for women is a sign that puberty is just about over...so most women stop growing then or very shortly afterward (they might continue growing, albeit more slowly, for another 1 - 2 years after the onset of a period).

I hit my adult height of 5'8" when I was 12 or 13.

Still would (and am dating) date a guy who is significantly shorter and think nothing of it. Two inches is not that great of a difference that so much effort and excitement should be expended over it.