He asked me for a divorce

You sound like you are on the right path...He has a lot of other things going on that you can't help with..I don't think this is all you either...

• Like 1
  • Author

Thanks RiverRatt!

It's nice to read that I'm not the only one that believes there is much more than the eye can see with this.

My sister saw a monk last week, and the monk told her to tell her sister that lives away (I'm her only sister and I live far away) that within just a few months, things are going to be okay.

I'm a very intuitive person, like a few days prior to this I felt a sense of chage, change was approaching. And sure enough, this happened. My intuition is telling me to stand by his side, give him space, focus on myself and our son and hopefully he'll come to his senses. I have a feeling that the time apart while he's away at training will be really helpful to the both of us.

I know how tough the military can be on people. Not the PT but the mental things that go with it. I was in 12 years and was an NCO. Not everybody can do it with out their head coming apart. It is harder to get promoted now. They will give you ETS papers without asking for them now. Very competitive.

It is one of those things that if you have never been in the service you will never understand. A person in advertising goes to work to try to figure out how to get more parents to buy the little doll that wets the bed or the action figure with super hero powers.

A soldier goes to work to figure out how to kill people with out dieing themselves.

Just keep hanging tough and posting away. We are an ear for ya to rant.

My sister saw a monk last week, and the monk told her to tell her sister that lives away (I'm her only sister and I live far away) that within just a few months, things are going to be okay.

Please don't base any hope on this. I'm not a monk and I can tell you the same thing. The only difference is, my statement will have a whole bunch of 'ifs' in it. I realize any good news in consoling but you will be okay if you judge your husband by his actions and not his words, if you resist the temptation to manipulate the situation and if you never say or do anything you don't mean. The fact is, being 'okay' depends entirely upon you. Only you make make it okay. There are no cosmic forces at play...at least, nothing powerful enough to overcome your freewill and right of choice.

My intuition is telling me to stand by his side, give him space, focus on myself and our son and hopefully he'll come to his senses.

So basically, the substance of you intuition is hope? Dependent upon your husband making the right decision? See, this is why our intuition can betray us. Intuition didn't cause your husband to fall in love with you, or motivate him to marriage and fatherhood. Decisions did; both yours and his. Then, like now, you both have decisions to make and you can only decide for you. Decide what you're willing to take, and not take. Decide what kind of life you want for yourself and your children. Factor into your decision what your husband is saying, doing, and why. You must decide.

That said, you're doing the right thing being patient, IMO. Being there, supportive, but not pushing the issue with words and actions designed to 'guilt' him into wanting to work on the marriage and keep your family together. That's what he feels when you say "I love you, I'm here for you". Often times, the only option left for someone whose lies and betrayal is being repaid with kindness, is to run.

You must decide how long that wait will be. Hang in and be strong-

Edited by Steadfast