Did I over-react by ditching this dude?

Eternal Sunshine

The only difference in the way I would of handled it was I would of told the woman after repeated buggings "Movie night at my place, wear something sexy ;)" lol!

One of two things usually happen after that.

I get some or they stop annoying me with texts. :)

Calling someone out for ignoring you is no fun over text.

Slightly fun over the phone because you can hear their voice crack & listen to them stumble for an answer.

Fricken hilarious to do it in person because you get to see the smoke pour out of their ears while they try to make up an explanation.

But, for the most part, I don't bother anymore.

I just ignore them when they flake & don't offer to reschedule.

This guy is still in contact. I blocked him on OKC and blocked his number from my phone. Today he texted me from a friend's phone.

I have told him 3 times now that I am not interested and to leave me alone.

I think that he feels stunned to be "nexted" for flaking and lying. This probably means that he got away with this type of behavior in the past :sick:

Google voice is your friend.

I cannot stress this enough.

It's like a free disposable phone number.

You don't just block someone, you just get a new number.

• Like 1
  • Author
Eternal Sunshine
Google voice is your friend.

I cannot stress this enough.

It's like a free disposable phone number.

You don't just block someone, you just get a new number.

After that episode, I haven't given out my number to anyone from OLD.

He is interpreting this as me still trying to "punish" him and is trying to "make it up to me" because he feels that I "hate" him :rolleyes:

:laugh:

This guy is assuming the world revolves around him. Good job on spotting this early on. I generally give people too many chances. Hope he gets the point and leaves you alone soon.

• Like 3
This guy is still in contact. I blocked him on OKC and blocked his number from my phone. Today he texted me from a friend's phone.

I have told him 3 times now that I am not interested and to leave me alone.

I think that he feels stunned to be "nexted" for flaking and lying. This probably means that he got away with this type of behavior in the past :sick:

Wow - and you guys never actually met face-to-face, right?!

Major bullet dodged, well spotted.

ES:

Why do you keep score about number of texts? Delay of texts?

Why do you assume a delay means something? Why do you assume too many texts means something else?

Why are you so sensitive about something so mundane?

When I text someone I have no issues with time of response. Who cares? Why are you so sensitive?

Did it occur to you that perhaps this man was actually sick? Did it occur to you that perhaps he is not obsessed about replying texts instantly. When I don't get a reply right away I don't assume anything negative. In fact, I don't keep track of timing. Why do that? Are you that insecure?

Because she was setting him up for HER games.

Stop messing with this guy's mind.

What thread are you reading?

The guy needs to quit being a needy whiny bytch and move on. She told him straight up to not contact her anymore and that she is not interested.

If it's a stranger, be as brief, unemotional and impersonal as possible. Why give them any more ammunition to come back with and upset you even more because you want to be "right?" Who cares? You'll never see him.