People With Wildly Unrealistic Standards

StillReigning

StillReigning

Please note: This is not a female or male bashing thread or anything like that. I'm perfectly aware that most people have a realistic idea of who they can attract

Anyways, have you guys ever met people with just insane standards in their mate? I was hanging out yesterday with some people and this acquaintance of mine (a 34 year old single woman) has the most ridiculous standards I've ever seen. I would honestly consider her a 2/10 - she has a legitimately ugly face and is basically fat. Her mannerisms are disgusting too, she acts too much like a man often times. Anyways, the only kind of guys she is attracted to are good looking/athletic/very confident/often times high income guys. I would say that she's legitimately in the bottom 10% of women and only seems to want a top 10 maybe top 5% male

What the hell is this about? Do people like this not have mirrors in their house? Is it because of societal brainwashing that makes certain people believe they can look like a nobody and date a superstar? I don't think I even have to say this because you guys probably suspected it at this point but she's never had a real long term boyfriend. She mainly sleeps around with guys far out of her league and then cries when none of them want to be seen in public with her. She gave a blowjob one time to another acquaintance who is a good looking executive at a company and then cried afterwards because I guess he didn't want to f*ck her or something

Yesterday when we were all drinking, she goes "I don't care what anybody says, I'm going to find my prince charming". I cringed so hard at that point - do people like that not realize that prince charming is looking for a princess who is about as physically flawless as he is?

Edited by StillReigning
fortyninethousand322

A girl I went to high school with, she's 24 wants to get married but will only marry a guy between the ages of 23 and 26 who makes at least 100 thousand a year (she has a good job herself but wants a man who makes more). I'd say those standards are a bit outlandish but to her credit she's currently dating a guy who is unemployed and going to school part time (at her request) so I guess she's not so rigid in her dating standards.

• Author
StillReigning
A girl I went to high school with, she's 24 wants to get married but will only marry a guy between the ages of 23 and 26 who makes at least 100 thousand a year (she has a good job herself but wants a man who makes more). I'd say those standards are a bit outlandish but to her credit she's currently dating a guy who is unemployed and going to school part time (at her request) so I guess she's not so rigid in her dating standards.

That's not anything too crazy from my view. I think most women want a guy about their age who makes six figures but that's hard to find. Only about what? 10% of men make six figures?

It would be crazy if she was unemployed and wanted a guy who makes six figures. Not to mention her "standards" are nonsense if she's currently dating a guy who is unemployed

let her dream, its no skin off your back.

Some people have entitlement issues, some just don't see the world as others do. As long as she's not hurting anyone, who cares if she's holding out for prince charming?

• Like 4

Some people have unrealistic standards in dating because it justifies their struggles with the opposite sex. If I looked was a 2 then wanting to date a 8 or better justifies what I am talking about.

• Author
StillReigning
let her dream, its no skin off your back.

Some people have entitlement issues, some just don't see the world as others do. As long as she's not hurting anyone, who cares if she's holding out for prince charming?

Of course it doesn't matter to me, I'm just curious for some sort of a psychological breakdown of her issues and to see if anybody else has experienced the same thing

She's going to die alone unless she drops her standards and starts dating fat ugly guys (which I doubt will ever happen)

'Marrying' is different to 'dating'.....

• Like 1
fortyninethousand322
That's not anything too crazy from my view. I think most women want a guy about their age who makes six figures but that's hard to find. Only about what? 10% of men make six figures?

It would be crazy if she was unemployed and wanted a guy who makes six figures. Not to mention her "standards" are nonsense if she's currently dating a guy who is unemployed

How many 23-26 year olds are making six figures?

• Author
StillReigning
How many 23-26 year olds are making six figures?

Not too many you're right, I don't understand why she doesn't raise that age to about 23-35 if she wants a well off guy like that

Yeah, but look at her age... those age-related goalposts are going to change as her age does....

Of course it doesn't matter to me, I'm just curious for some sort of a psychological breakdown of her issues and to see if anybody else has experienced the same thing

She's going to die alone unless she drops her standards and starts dating fat ugly guys (which I doubt will ever happen)

I honestly don't know if that part in bold is true.

I've seen plenty of mismatched couples where 1 is good looking, or even hot and the other is pretty unattractive.

(maybe she sees those couples too and it makes her think that she has a chance)

I think there are so many people out there with unrealistic views about what they can get so they insist on shooting for the stars.

Also...there is a lot more to attraction and compatibility than just the physical looks.

no?

• Like 1
  • Author
StillReigning

I've seen plenty of mismatched couples where 1 is good looking, or even hot and the other is pretty unattractive.

I think there are so many people out there with unrealistic views about what they can get so they insist on shooting for the stars.

Also...there is a lot more to attraction and compatibility than just the physical looks.

no?

You'll be looking a very very very very long time to find even an average guy who would be willing to marry a 2/10. a 8/10 marrying a 2/10? Not possible, 8s don't even want to be seen in public with average girls

Men do not settle that far in appearance. They'll settle a little bit (like a really hot guy dating a moderately cute chick) but you'll never see that big of a difference

• Author
StillReigning
I'd rather shoot for the stars than swim in the gutter.

What if you are the gutter yourself?

Ummm, I'm sorry, but your personal experiences don't count, as they are not scientific fact. :(

• Like 3
You'll be looking a very very very very long time to find even an average guy who would be willing to marry a 2/10. a 8/10 marrying a 2/10? Not possible, 8s don't even want to be seen in public with average girls

Men do not settle that far in appearance. They'll settle a little bit (like a really hot guy dating a moderately cute chick) but you'll never see that big of a difference

hmmm, I was thinking of examples but I think you're right.

Maybe the ones I saw where the guy was hotter than the girl were just dating examples or whatever - maybe not marriage.

The cases where there is a clear difference does happen even in marriage is when the woman is hot and the man isn't. You can argue that one all you want, but I know for a fact that's happened because I can think of a bunch of married couples that fall into that category.

Ooooh, just thought of the reverse example:

rapper T.I and his wife.

he's a pretty good looking guy, and he's successful and she's fugly!

yaaay, I found an example :)

What if you are the gutter yourself?

It's all relative. Some person's trash is another person's treasure. If you aim high and miss...well so be it. If you aim low and hit...are you any better off?

• Like 1
Ummm, I'm sorry, but your personal experiences don't count, as they are not scientific fact. :(

Why not?! I'm a certified scientitian :p

• Author
StillReigning
It's all relative. Some person's trash is another person's treasure. If you aim high and miss...well so be it. If you aim low and hit...are you any better off?

This is just politically correct feel good nonsense

This woman has a weird face with terribly asymmetrical features and is fat. Her personality is not feminine either. She's not anybody's treasure. Let's be realistic

As far as aiming high and missing, people like this probably miss for their entire life until they get more realistic

• Author
StillReigning

Ooooh, just thought of the reverse example:

rapper T.I and his wife.

he's a pretty good looking guy, and he's successful and she's fugly!

Wow yea you're right. She is hideous, although her body looks pretty nice and she probably has a nice personality (I remember reading that they were high school sweethearts or something)

This is just politically correct feel good nonsense

This woman has a weird face with terribly asymmetrical features and is fat. Her personality is not feminine either. She's not anybody's treasure. Let's be realistic

As far as aiming high and missing, people like this probably miss for their entire life until they get more realistic

Not meaning to sound rude.

But it seems like you have such resentment for this girl because she's aiming for higher than you think she can get - that she just doesn't know her place.

Are you mad because you feel you realized your "league" and you're not aiming higher than that, but she has the nerve to want what she wants even if you think she can't have it.

It just strikes me as odd that you're almost pissed because she's fishing outside her "allowed" pond.

• Like 1
Wow yea you're right. She is hideous, although her body looks pretty nice and she probably has a nice personality (I remember reading that they were high school sweethearts or something)

Yeah I always found that a big mismatch.

Even if her body is nice and all - she's a butterface.

So if your "friend" had a nice body you wouldn't have as much issue with how high she aims?

• Author
StillReigning
Yeah I always found that a big mismatched.

Even if her body is nice and all - she's a butterface.

So if your "friend" had a nice body you wouldn't have as much issue with how high she aims?

Yep huge mismatch, but that's still very rare. Personally I don't know any good looking men marrying ugly women in real life

And no it wouldn't matter to me either way. I'm just saying it's more reasonable if she has a nice body and is a nice person...although I still think TI is insane

But it seems like you have such resentment for this girl because she's aiming for higher than you think she can get - that she just doesn't know her place.

Are you mad because you feel you realized your "league" and you're not aiming higher than that, but she has the nerve to want what she wants even if you think she can't have it.

It just strikes me as odd that you're almost pissed because she's fishing outside her "allowed" pond.

LOL, I'm in another stratosphere from her when it comes to "league". I'm not angry at all, I guess I'm just very blunt. Anyways, I do think she's going to die alone - it's just kind of amusing to me how somebody can be like that

BTW this thread is not specifically about women - if you guys know men who are fat and disgusting and want a playmate, share those stories as well

Or perhaps he himself doesn't fall into the league she is aiming for and feels personally slighted by that...?

• Like 1
  • Author
StillReigning
Or perhaps he himself doesn't fall into the league she is aiming for and feels personally slighted by that...?

When we were drunk last night, she tried to make a move on me and I was completely repulsed

I have standards, even for sex